• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Keeping Up

huajiro

I am getting frustrated with the forum already since I came back. I don't really know how to keep track of the subjects that interest me......even if I could, it seems they go off topic right away....new topics that are almost the same as topics brought up 50 times already come and go.......I basically feel like I am stnading on the side of the freeway as you all go by in cars. I don't know if I can keep up!!!!!

Sorry, just venting here.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
huajiro said:
I am getting frustrated with the forum already since I came back. I don't really know how to keep track of the subjects that interest me......even if I could, it seems they go off topic right away....new topics that are almost the same as topics brought up 50 times already come and go.......I basically feel like I am stnading on the side of the freeway as you all go by in cars. I don't know if I can keep up!!!!!

Sorry, just venting here.
Don't worry, I am not in a car - more like a bike with square wheels!:biglaugh:
I sympathise - I am not that quick either - There are days when I know that I can only focus on a few threads.......:)

Pussyfoot Mouse

Super Mom
michel said:
Don't worry, I am not in a car - more like a bike with square wheels!:biglaugh:
I sympathise - I am not that quick either - There are days when I know that I can only focus on a few threads.......:)
You have such a wonderful sense of humour Michel.

Don't feel back huajiro, I'm still not sure what a thread is. :biglaugh:

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Neo-Logic said:
First step is to admit you have an addiction ... you can go from there.
Oh, I know I've got an addiction to RF. My solution was to make sure it's fulfilled, hehee!

Does it help to flag certain threads, Huajiro? Sometimes that keeps things from getting lost in the new postings, but I certainly know what you mean. It can be overwhelming at times!

Neo-Logic

Reality Checker
Huajiro, this might help -

In your favorites, make a special folder for the threads you find interesting and want to follow. Name it whatever you would like. Then everytime you find an interesting thread that you would like to keep tabs on, just bookmark it and put it into that folder via "folder organization/organize folder/organize favorites" button. I don't need to do that, but I imagine it might be of help in your situation.

Best of luck to yee.

Fluffy

A fool
I know how you feel huajiro. A potential fix for keeping up with topics is using the subscribe feature. Another is simply coming on more often but I know that isn't exactly an easy thing to do.

A great fix for the off topic discussion is to do the following: Users, when they find a post which they find offtopic, can flag it, bringing the post to a mod's attention. Then, after judging whether the post really is offtopic or not, a mod can hide the post. This means that in place of the post (or part of a post), a little button appears which you can click if you want to view the post or ignore if you want to follow the mainline discussion. If you want this feature to affect you or not then you could turn it off on your User CP. I figure it would work in a similar way to the ignore function but targetting a nature of posts rather than certain users.