• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kavanough is accused of sexual assault

Riders

Woman is now accusing him of sexual assault and harassment and taking it to court. If she takes Kavanough to court will this be enough to keep him out of his judges seat?I will get the link.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That she may have been attacked appears to be likely. That it was Kavanaugh is far from proven. Usually sexual predators do not have only one victim. The charges are serious, but I do not find the alleged victim to be credible enough to sink Kavanaugh on just one claim.

Riders

That she may have been attacked appears to be likely. That it was Kavanaugh is far from proven. Usually sexual predators do not have only one victim. The charges are serious, but I do not find the alleged victim to be credible enough to sink Kavanaugh on just one claim.

Well democrats say she is very credible because she has taken a lie detector test told her husband about it and told her counselor about it. She also told Diane Fienstink about it many weeks ago before Kavanough was nominated but Finestien did not report it. But she should have.

However this does not mean they will stop the voting him in. We have to see what the FBI and investigators say about it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well democrats say she is very credible because she has taken a lie detector test told her husband about it and told her counselor about it. She also told Diane Fienstink about it many weeks ago before Kavanough was nominated but Finestien did not report it. But she should have.

However this does not mean they will stop the voting him in. We have to see what the FBI and investigators say about it.
Lie detector tests are not allowed in courts of law for a very good reason. They are far from reliable. A person prepared for such a test can often "pass" them:

http://www.apa.org/research/action/polygraph.aspx

Riders

Lie detector tests are not allowed in courts of law for a very good reason. They are far from reliable. A person prepared for such a test can often "pass" them:

The Truth About Lie Detectors (aka Polygraph Tests)

Well you maybe right I do not know. I am just saying Democrats say they have reason to stop the vote. I think it will be up to the FBI and investigators, if they find it credible and launch an investigation then the vote will be stopped or put off until the investigation is done. But I we will find out this week.

Riders

Lie detectors can be faked.
I have heard the exact opposite its hard to foll lie detectors but sense thats not the only proof she has, she has her counselor and her Husband but like I said I don't know much about politics so I am not going to predict anything.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Noting this tweet

@SamWangPh
Sam Wang Retweeted Robert P. George

When Senator Franken's accuser stepped forward, Democrats acted. When Harvey Weinstein's accusers stepped forward, the movie industry acted. Times change...haltingly. In 2018, we can all see one entity that presents a big exception to a developing moral arc. What will happen?

BSM1

What? Me worry?

"Fienstink"?? I think you may have hit a homer there.

Riders

Whatever. I am not crazy about the name and I am sick today.I had a adolescent psychiatrist Dr named Dr Fienstink at Baylor psycho ward in 1982.

He was an Atheist Jewish guy and when he saw my sister Carolyn who was a religious fanatic send me letters talking about Church ON The Rock and Jesus as usual: He stopped my family from being able to write me.

Then he stood by and let me be physically abused by restraints put me under the care of a male staff member named Grady ,now a days its against the law to put men to work in girls adolescent wards ; Then sat back and watched while I was molested for 4 months and ordered psychotropic meds like Thorazine be given to me all the time.

Now a days its against the law and considered to be abusive to give teens psychotropic meds, it causes brain damage.

The guy was a ******* but for some reason was awarded a bunch of awards in Dallas Tx for is wonderful work with Adolescents!

So the name Fiendstinko never comes out of my mouth right.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Noting this tweet

@SamWangPh
Sam Wang Retweeted Robert P. George

When Senator Franken's accuser stepped forward, Democrats acted. When Harvey Weinstein's accusers stepped forward, the movie industry acted. Times change...haltingly. In 2018, we can all see one entity that presents a big exception to a developing moral arc. What will happen?
The situations aren't comparable though.
Franken & Weinstein both faced incontrovertible evidence against them.
And they were both adults at the times of the offenses.
Kavanaugh's situation differs because....
1) No evidence yet presented.
2) Only a single accusation.
3) He was in high school, so even if he'd done it, juveniles are less culpable
because of immaturity. Bad kids often recover to become decent people.

Riders

The situations aren't comparable though.
Franken & Weinstein both faced incontrovertible evidence against them.
And they were both adults at the times of the offenses.
Kavanaugh's situation differs because....
1) No evidence yet presented.
2) Only a single accusation.
3) He was in high school, so even if he'd done it, juveniles are less culpable
because of immaturity. Bad kids often recover to become decent people.

The evidence is that she passed a lie detector test given by an experienced FBI director, she told her husband and her therapist about it years ago.

Last edited:

Riders

That's what they said but sense an experienced FBI guy with a lot of experience gave it to her they can use it as evidence to launch an investigation just not in court.

They're not trying to put him in jail, he was a minor at the time only trying to find out if he can be voted in as supreme court judge.

Shad

Veteran Member
That's what they said but sense an experienced FBI guy with a lot of experience gave it to her they can use it as evidence to launch an investigation just not in court.

The unreliability of the device makes the opinion of experts worthless and nonsense. An expert would know their device is crap. The FBI is not investigating.

they're not trying to put him in jail, he was a minor at the time only trying to find out if he can be voted in as supreme court judge.

No it's a Dem smear tactics as they can not stop the confirmation. No evidence, an assertion from almost 4 decades ago only brought up when SCOTUS was on the line. No word when he was a lower court judge, worked in the WH, nothing. I do not believe a word of it.

Riders

The unreliability of the device makes the opinion of experts worthless and nonsense. An expert would know their device is crap. The FBI is not investigating.

No it's a Dem smear tactics as they can not stop the confirmation. No evidence, an assertion from almost 4 decades ago only brought up when SCOTUS was on the line. No word when he was a lower court judge, worked in the WH, nothing. I do not believe a word of it.

Don't believe I don't care. I am not making a judgement either way so I will be surprised either out come. You and others are announcing that it is stupid and nothing will happen over it. You are saying you know what will happen well aren't you guys smart.

But I am the one who is staying sane, I do not know what will happen. I hope your happy if things do not turn out your way.

I don't honestly care that much.Let react over it.