• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

KAT's Ask Me Anything 2020

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
If you had to categorize personalities of people just based on your experiences, what do you feel would be the lowest usable number? I ask this because as a trans person and convert to Hinduism you probably have had the opportunity to meet quite a lot of different types. The enneagram suggests people personalities are combinations of 5 basic types, but that is just one system. Not using a system like that one....how many kinds of personalities do you think you have experienced? Is it in the hundreds, the tens, just one or two or what?

Hundreds. Take for example a woman. Some have a warm inviting personality. That you feel good just being in their presence. Some you won't feel that. Some are TERFs. Some don't know much about Trans people but aren't. And there are a few trans savvy to the extent they will role play your new gender with you in a social, not romantic, sense as the two of you talk, to help you on your journey. I've had that happen.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
@KAT-KAT. Ask you anything?

Ok, it's the time if year to gather wild mushrooms. Could you tell me the best place locally where i can find ceps and/or gerolles?

Not sure, sorry - though I have been mushroom hunting before. I put on long pants and still managed to bring home ticks. I don't like ticks very much. The feminine side of me says "Ew!"

My family also had a dog that somehow instinctively knew how to mushroom hunt. No one taught him really, he just knew. It was different.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Not sure, sorry - though I have been mushroom hunting before. I put on long pants and still managed to bring home ticks. I don't like ticks very much. The feminine side of me says "Ew!"

My family also had a dog that somehow instinctively knew how to mushroom hunt. No one taught him really, he just knew. It was different.

Cool, a dog like that would be great over hear for truffle hunting. Though some still use pigs.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
These Ask Me Anything threads I feel aren't just for the audience. Because you're sometimes asked questions that make you take a look inside. Without further delay...

Current faith: Hinduism

Me on life:

I grew up a majorly introverted male with a strong interest in some pseudoscience subjects due to tradition and the surrounding culture. Then later:

Big events in my life since joining:

^ June 16, 2019

Now, October 3 2020: I'm on Hormone Replacement Therapy and now choosing to identify as trans female.

Me on random & miscellaneous:
Have you ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight?
When do you think the singularity will arrive?
Is your avatar picture you?
Boxers or briefs?
How's it hang'n?
Is it safe?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Have you ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight?

Bang!

When do you think the singularity will arrive?

It's almost here now.

Is your avatar picture you?

I wish. I wouldn't mind being Avril or at least having her for a sister.

Boxers or briefs?

Boxers

How's it hang'n?
Is it safe?

You probably ask all the girls that but...

Let's just say I'm keeping a cool head about me. Whichever way you go with it.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You mentioned terfs and trans issues before.
Have you watched any of contrapoints videos? What did you think? (I love her videos, personally.)

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
You mentioned terfs and trans issues before.
Have you watched any of contrapoints videos? What did you think? (I love her videos, personally.)

I've watched a little. She's one of four trans Youtube personalities which I need to watch a bit more of on my feed.

I agree with her assessment on what to call the private parts of PreOPs. Though it depends on the individual and what they want to call it as well.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I've watched a little. She's one of four trans Youtube personalities which I need to watch a bit more of on my feed.

I agree with her assessment on what to call the private parts of PreOPs. Though it depends on the individual and what they want to call it as well.
Nice! As a more everyday question, is there any media you're consuming now which you're excited about? Tv/movie/book/video game/podcast/etc.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Nice! As a more everyday question, is there any media you're consuming now which you're excited about? Tv/movie/book/video game/podcast/etc.

I own a Nintendo Switch and though it has some good Nintendo games like the new Mario 3D All-Stars Collection... it turns out the eShop has ported over pretty much all the old PC games I used to play 13 years ago <3 . And at like $20 prices each.

Last edited:

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I own a Nintendo Switch and though it has some good Nintendo games like the new Mario 3D All-Stars Collection... it turns out the eShop has ported over pretty much all the old PC games I used to play 13 years ago. And at like $20 prices each.
Have you fallen into the hole that is Animal Crossing? Lots of my friends have super enjoyed that game. Hours and hours of play.
What old pc game are you most looking forwards to replaying?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Have you fallen into the hole that is Animal Crossing? Lots of my friends have super enjoyed that game. Hours and hours of play.
What old pc game are you most looking forwards to replaying?

My gripe with Animal Crossing is just that it's impossible to find a bargain on it right now. I'm kind of wanting to pay under $50 for a non-action game. So I'm playing the waiting game.

I bought Crysis and am looking forward to replaying it. Afterwards, I'm going to get to Bioshock then Call of Juarez.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
My gripe with Animal Crossing is just that it's impossible to find a bargain on it right now. I'm kind of wanting to pay under $50 for a non-action game. So I'm playing the waiting game.

I bought Crysis and am looking forward to replaying it. Afterwards, I'm going to get to Bioshock then Call of Juarez.
I very much enjoyed Bioshock/2, as well as its predecessors System Shock.

All the switch stuff does seem to be super expensive right now. Friend wanted to try that ring fit thing and they can't find it for less than twice markup. Must be quarantine I guess.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I very much enjoyed Bioshock/2, as well as its predecessors System Shock.

All the switch stuff does seem to be super expensive right now. Friend wanted to try that ring fit thing and they can't find it for less than twice markup. Must be quarantine I guess.

Yep. I own the game. They issue that game in wave shipments to stores and each wave shipment lasts about 4 days before it runs out of stock.

It's a little gimmicky for the price. The hardware is better than the software I think.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yep. I own the game. They issue that game in wave shipments to stores and each wave shipment lasts about 4 days before it runs out of stock.

It's a little gimmicky for the price. The hardware is better than the software I think.
I know that feel, being a VR owner. Beat saber and various fitness vr games got me through the ~3 mo of shutdown. But it was a $600 purchase on top of needing a really good computer.

Honey Lemon

Hello, I am studying different theologies and was wondering your take on it. Do you believe in a god or gods? And who are they? How does your belief about 'god(s)' or none (if you don't believe in a god(s)) affect/impact your life? How does it affect your practical life? How you spend your time, your priorities, how you act? Thank you.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Hello, I am studying different theologies and was wondering your take on it. Do you believe in a god or gods? And who are they? How does your belief about 'god(s)' or none (if you don't believe in a god(s)) affect/impact your life? How does it affect your practical life? How you spend your time, your priorities, how you act? Thank you.

I believe in multiple Hindu gods. There are probably hundreds or thousands of these gods but I'm new to the faith so I'm focusing on Krishna and the Trimurti. Believing helps my spiritual life and gets me praying. I consider prayer like a form of meditation. I don't think it affects my practical life too much yet as I'm not devout enough for it to, yet. But personal life, it does.