• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Katie Couric Credibility Takes Another Hit

PureX

Veteran Member
That OP is like you're trying to defend a rapist by claiming that the victim's zipper was down.

Last edited:

F1fan

Veteran Member
I love it when the occasional journalist makes an error that it is exaggerated and extrapolated into condemning MSM as a whole by right wing extremists whose own media platform is deliberately corrupt and unethical.

F1fan

Veteran Member
And I say right wing extremist as a category for anyone who adopts and uses the rhetoric of right wing extremists like trump, and numerous republicans, and right wing propaganda media, like FOX and OAN. Insisting main stream media is a problem is ITSELF a problem as it aims to discredit MSM, and doing so in an unethical way. Irony for anyone?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I love it when the occasional journalist makes an error that it is exaggerated and extrapolated into condemning MSM as a whole by right wing extremists whose own media platform is deliberately corrupt and unethical.

Oddly enough the Daily Beast is rated as left wing, But not highly reliable. And that was an opinion piece to boot. I guess those on the left may still be looking for a scapegoat for Trump's win in 206. I think that his win is just a tribute to the gullibility of the American people.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Oddly enough the Daily Beast is rated as left wing, But not highly reliable. And that was an opinion piece to boot. I guess those on the left may still be looking for a scapegoat for Trump's win in 206. I think that his win is just a tribute to the gullibility of the American people.
I was in journalism in high school and college and what they drilled into us was ethics and objectivity. So I take that experience and assess various media reports. The top rated media outlets are very objective and great for the well informed person.

I'm seeing some of the "left wing" media not scoring very well, and I suspect part of this rating is because I see left wing media countering a lot of disinformation from the right. Objectively this colors media reporting. But from what I see they are not incorrect in how they describe what is going on in RWM, and how the disinformation is causing a problem for society and democracy.

Bodie

The Nick Sandmann lie (hope he's enjoying his millions)

The 2016 church burning with"vote Trump" painted on it just weeks before the election, must have been White supremacists.

Jussie Smollett - link between him, Don Lemon, and Kamala Harris " MAGA hatters" for sure!

And many, many other false narratives that ended up being exposed.

Bodie

I was in journalism in high school and college and what they drilled into us was ethics and objectivity.

Which goes out the window in the real world when.offered a lucrative salary with perks and juicy bonuses, presstitution is a well known profession.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Which goes out the window in the real world when.offered a lucrative salary with perks and juicy bonuses, presstitution is a well known profession.
And we can judge who these people are by looking at their body of work. That some compromise ethics because it is allowed by their bosses and business model, and even required, does not apply as a condemnation of the industry as a whole.

F1fan

Veteran Member
The Nick Sandmann lie (hope he's enjoying his millions)

The 2016 church burning with"vote Trump" painted on it just weeks before the election, must have been White supremacists.

Jussie Smollett - link between him, Don Lemon, and Kamala Harris " MAGA hatters" for sure!

And many, many other false narratives that ended up being exposed.
Yup, a few examples that don't represent the whole.

It's funny that conservatives point out the bad ethics of a few people on the left while ignoring the rampant lack of ethics on the right. It's how the right holds the left to a higher standard of integrity the they demand from their own side.

It's called hypocrisy.