• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kashmir Files Spoilers

ronki23

I am very disturbed after watching this film:

* A Hindu man hiding in a rice barrel from Muslim terrorists is shot to death while in the barrel and his wife is forced to eat the rice

* The man's wife (many years later) is stripped of her clothing and sawn in half (by an electric saw) while alive

* A Hindu hospital patient undergoing blood transfusion has his blood forcibly donated to save a dying Muslim: the Hindu dies

How much of it is true ?

ronki23

next to none of it is true

Guru Tegh Bahadur, Bhai Sati Das, Bhai Mati Das and Bhai Dayal Das were all murdered by Aurangzeb because he wanted to convert Kashmir's Hindus into Muslims: it is through the sacrifice of these brave Sikhs did Hinduism survive in Kashmir

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
The scenes I mentioned were sickening

I don't doubt it. Bodies being cut in half, and all that. But still a fictional story played up for the drama.

Edit: it reminds me of another Indian documentary I watched, I think involving a Sikh Hindu dispute, and BJPs rise to power.

ronki23

I am very disturbed after watching this film:

* A Hindu man hiding in a rice barrel from Muslim terrorists is shot to death while in the barrel and his wife is forced to eat the rice

* The man's wife (many years later) is stripped of her clothing and sawn in half (by an electric saw) while alive

* A Hindu hospital patient undergoing blood transfusion has his blood forcibly donated to save a dying Muslim: the Hindu dies

How much of it is true ?

@Aupmanyav

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
How much of it is true ?
All of this is true.
As a Kashmiri brahmin myself, I did not have the courage to see the film, it is too painful. But I know, I do not need a film to tell me what happened. Most Kashmiri Brahmins fled (some 250,000), but those who were caught faced barbaric atrocities. My relatives sold their properties at throw away prices. Hindus who still remain in Kashmir are target of killings. Muslims are smart, they do not target Hindu tourists from other parts of India because tourism bring in money.
'Many false things shown in 'The Kashmir Files'': Omar Abdullah slams movie.
Omar Abdullah is a Muslim. A third-generation chief Minister of Kashmir (His family, himself, father and grandfather have ruled Kashmir for 22 years). Naturally, rich family. His father is facing cases for illegal occupation of government land and of siphoning of money.
I don't think the celebrity would care.
Expulsion of Kashmiri Hindus and atrocities on them are etched on every Hindu heart. Anupam Kher, one of the principle actors of the film is a Kashmiri brahmin.

ronki23

Reading news reports that the movie is totally fiction not documentary

I'd hardly say it was TOTALLY fiction. As @Aupmanyav said there were hundreds of thousands of Kashmiri Hindus who fled after facing persecution.

Even in history this happened to both Sikhs and Hindus in Kashmir. I am a Hindu and I'm grateful to the Sikhs for their sacrifices