• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kanye West's "Christian" - "Sunday Service" - Jesus is King Album, Chick Fil-A & the Real Lord's Day

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Please provide them.

Of course, to be fair, there are no verses that state the Lord's day is the seventh day of the week either.
Revelation 1:10 is most compelling. Most reputable scholars say that it does, in fact, allude to the first day of the week.

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
Revelation 1:10 is most compelling. Most reputable scholars say that it does, in fact, allude to the first day of the week.
It is written of them:

Mal 2:9 Therefore have I also made you contemptible and base before all the people, according as ye have not kept my ways, but have been partial in the law.

Mal 2:11 Judah hath dealt treacherously, and an abomination is committed in Israel and in Jerusalem; for Judah hath profaned the holiness of the LORD which he loved, and hath married the daughter of a strange god.

Mal_2:12 The LORD will cut off the man that doeth this, the master and the scholar, out of the tabernacles of Jacob, and him that offereth an offering unto the LORD of hosts.​

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
There are. You're glossing over it.
No, otherwise you would have produced them for all to see and consider. That you have not, in the several replies, is telling the most of the position in which you stand. Sand.

This has to do with the washing of hands, not Shabbat.

Same story, different gospel. Has to do with the washing of hands, not Shabbat.

First part of the Matt. story above. Still about the washing of hands.
Princple is being referred to in each case. The same issue for any such transgression of God's laws. You choose to ignore that principle.

You seem to like to take things out of context and twist them to apply to whatever you wish. That's not How It Works.
Not at all. The context is not negated to its original use, but considers the wider principle to which the passages also apply.

This is the story of the dishonest manager. Lk 16:5 says -- "So, summoning his master's debtors one by one, he asked the first, 'How much do you owe my master?'" Can't even get your retorts correct. How embarrassing...
Again, you deliberately set aside the principle. in so doing, you negate far more texts than the ones under consideration.

Correct. They are also found outside the texts. Those are the ones you're ignoring.
The teachings of the Apostles are found in the texts, not outside of them.

Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

1Co_14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

1Jn_4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2Pe 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

sojourner

You would prefer? You take issue with the 'actor' who does the narration and scene transition? What does it have to do with the information provided therein?
I'd prefer real bible and church history scholars. But that's just me. I probably wouldn't want Hal Holbrook narrating the video of some hack doing my brain surgery, either.

sojourner

It is written of them:

Mal 2:9 Therefore have I also made you contemptible and base before all the people, according as ye have not kept my ways, but have been partial in the law.

Mal 2:11 Judah hath dealt treacherously, and an abomination is committed in Israel and in Jerusalem; for Judah hath profaned the holiness of the LORD which he loved, and hath married the daughter of a strange god.

Mal_2:12 The LORD will cut off the man that doeth this, the master and the scholar, out of the tabernacles of Jacob, and him that offereth an offering unto the LORD of hosts.​
Malachi doesn't inform Revelation. Seriously: do you really think God's more interested in what day a bunch of people call "holy" than God is about starving and abused children, or oppressed homosexuals, or the homeless guy living under a bridge in the middle of winter? You could do a lot more "God-showing" by championing the cause of these unfortunates than you will by obsessing over a day. Read Isaiah 58.

sojourner

No, otherwise you would have produced them for all to see and consider. That you have not, in the several replies, is telling the most of the position in which you stand. Sand.
You missed the post, as well. Seems you miss a lot. Perhaps a course in reading comprehension?

Princple is being referred to in each case. The same issue for any such transgression of God's laws. You choose to ignore that principle.
Again: Isaiah 58, if you want to play that game. Or Psalm 51, for that matter.

Not at all. The context is not negated to its original use, but considers the wider principle to which the passages also apply.
See above.

Again, you deliberately set aside the principle. in so doing, you negate far more texts than the ones under consideration.
The passage you cited doesn't even say what you quoted it to say! That reading comprehension course is looking better and better for you. Even better: "Huk'd on Fonix." Or, "My first Big Picture Book of Bible Stories."

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
Malachi doesn't inform Revelation. Seriously: do you really think God's more interested in what day a bunch of people call "holy" than God is about starving and abused children, or oppressed homosexuals, or the homeless guy living under a bridge in the middle of winter? You could do a lot more "God-showing" by championing the cause of these unfortunates than you will by obsessing over a day. Read Isaiah 58.
Malachi does inform Revelation, and is even cited therein.

Isaiah 58:

Isa 58:12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.
Isa 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
Isa 58:14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.​

What is the breach in the wall, and what is the wall that needs to be repaired, and what is the untempered mortar that is used to daub it?

"... The chief symbol of God’s law seems to be that of a wall, and it is used extensively throughout the Old Testament. Isaiah dramatically represented disobedience to the law as a break in the wall. “This is a rebellious people . . . children that will not hear the law of the LORD . . . Therefore this iniquity shall be to you as a breach ready to fall, swelling out in a high wall” (Isaiah 30:9-13).

Follow closely now as we allow other inspired writers to enlarge upon this basic concept of the breached wall. Ezekiel indicated that some transgressors of the law would try to cover their act of sin by smoothing over the break in the wall. Unfortunately, they would substitute some weak, counterfeit material to make the wall look good but which would not prove to be acceptable at all. “Woe unto the foolish prophets . . .Ye have not gone up into the gaps, neither made up the hedge . . . and one built up a wall, and lo, others daubed it with untempered mortar” (Ezekiel 13:3-10).

Here God rebukes the spiritual leaders for not making up the gaps and breaches in the wall. As the watchmen on the walls they were to be the very first ones to notice any weakness and to warn of the break immediately and make restoration of the defenses. In this case, not only were the priests not making proper repair of the breach but were condoning a dangerous substitute of weak materials which God could not approve. The untempered mortar represents an effort to gloss over the seriousness of the defect by false teaching instead of leading the people back to full obedience. Repeatedly God had to warn the priests against weakening the authority of His law. Malachi warned the priests: “Ye have caused many to stumble at the law . . . ye have not kept my ways, but have been partial in the law” (Malachi 2:8-9). It was such an attitude that caused God to rebuke them for daubing the wall with untempered mortar.

Now we are ready to establish the interesting fact that the primary breach in the law had to do with the fourth commandment. The prophet picked up the theme of the wall again in Ezekiel 22:26-28. “Her priests have violated my law, and profaned mine holy things . . . and have hid their eyes from my sabbaths . . . And her prophets have daubed them with untempered mortar saying, Thus saith the LORD GOD, when the LORD hath not spoken.”

Here we have a specific breach of the law (Sabbath breaking) connected with the untempered daubing. Again, it is the priests, or preachers, themselves who are responsible for the error. As we have already noted, they have broken the law by hiding their eyes from the Sabbath. This indicates that they clearly saw it but deliberately turned away and refused to recognize or obey it. But what does it mean that they daubed the wall with untempered mortar? It doesn’t take a lot of intelligence to see that they were trying to fill up the Sabbath breaking with counterfeit material that did not really restore the wall at all.

Furthermore, they would try to make it seem that God had approved what they had done, saying, “Thus saith the LORD GOD, when the LORD hath not spoken.”

Question: Have religious leaders tried to put some false, un scriptural day in place of the true Sabbath and tried to make it appear that God condones it? Indeed they have! Instead of restoring the true seventh-day Sabbath, which had been breached by pagan infiltration of the early church, they brought in a day dedicated to ancient sun worship. Without a line of biblical authority they honored that day with the title “Lord’s Day” and continually say, “Thus saith the LORD, when the LORD hath not spoken.” ..." - Read more here - Library Of Sermons 04 – Hidden Eyes And Closed Ears – Pocket Book – Joe Crews – Amazing Facts (PDF)

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
Y ... Or Psalm 51, for that matter. ...
Psalms 51:

Psa 51:2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.​

1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
1Jn 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.​

Psa 51:6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

Psa_119:142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.

Psa 119:151 Thou art near, O LORD; and all thy commandments are truth.

Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Isa_51:7 Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings.

Psa 40:8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.
Psa 51:19 Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

Psa_119:172 My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.

Isa_48:18 O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea:​

sojourner

Malachi does inform Revelation, and is even cited therein.
Just because it's quoted doesn't mean that it informs the interpretation.

Isaiah 58:

Isa 58:12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.
Isa 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
Isa 58:14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.
You conveniently forgot 1-11. God doesn't want us emptily following rules. God wants us to love each other:
3 “Why do we fast, but you do not see?
Why humble ourselves, but you do not notice?”
Look, you serve your own interest on your fast day,
and oppress all your workers.
4 Look, you fast only to quarrel and to fight
and to strike with a wicked fist.
Such fasting as you do today
will not make your voice heard on high.
5 Is such the fast that I choose,
a day to humble oneself?
Is it to bow down the head like a bulrush,
and to lie in sackcloth and ashes?
Will you call this a fast,
a day acceptable to the Lord?

6 Is not this the fast that I choose:
to loose the bonds of injustice,
to undo the thongs of the yoke,
to let the oppressed go free,
and to break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your bread with the hungry,
and bring the homeless poor into your house;
when you see the naked, to cover them,
and not to hide yourself from your own kin?
8 Then your light shall break forth like the dawn,
and your healing shall spring up quickly;
your vindicatora]'>[a] shall go before you,
the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.
9 Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer;
you shall cry for help, and he will say, Here I am.

If you remove the yoke from among you,
the pointing of the finger, the speaking of evil,
10 if you offer your food to the hungry
and satisfy the needs of the afflicted,
then your light shall rise in the darkness
and your gloom be like the noonday.
11 The Lord will guide you continually,
and satisfy your needs in parched places,
and make your bones strong;
and you shall be like a watered garden,
like a spring of water,
whose waters never fail.
12 Your ancient ruins shall be rebuilt;
you shall raise up the foundations of many generations;
you shall be called the repairer of the breach,
the restorer of streets to live in.

sojourner

Psalms 51:

Psa 51:2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.

Psa 51:6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
Again, you conveniently forgot:
16 For you have no delight in sacrifice;
if I were to give a burnt offering, you would not be pleased.
17 The sacrifice acceptable to God is a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus

You conveniently forgot 1-11. God doesn't want us emptily following rules. God wants us to love each other:
a day to humble oneself?

and to break every yoke?

like a spring of water,
whose waters never fail.
No, it says that they "fasted" for the wrong reasons, "for strife and debate" (vs3-4, etc). The true fast is in ceasing from sin.

Isa 58:6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?​

For instance:

Gen_39:9 There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?

Job_34:10 Therefore hearken unto me, ye men of understanding: far be it from God, that he should do wickedness; and from the Almighty, that he should commit iniquity.

Pro_13:6 Righteousness keepeth him that is upright in the way: but wickedness overthroweth the sinner.
Peter understood:

Act_8:23 For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.
Jesus taught the same, citing Isaiah 61:

Luk 4:14 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.
Luk 4:15 And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all.
Luk 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
Luk 4:17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
Luk 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
Luk 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
Luk 4:20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
Luk 4:21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

sojourner

No, it says that they "fasted" for the wrong reasons, "for strife and debate" (vs3-4, etc). The true fast is in ceasing from sin.

Isa 58:6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
Thanks for playing. We have some lovely parting gifts for you... including the home version of our game.

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus

a day to humble oneself?

and to break every yoke?

like a spring of water,
whose waters never fail.
Further more Isaiah 58, it speaks of "break every yoke":

Is there not the song, Would you be free from the Burden of Sin [1 John 3:4]?

This was why there was to be no Burdens borne upon the 7th Day Sabbath day of God, for the Day is the Sign of freedom from the burden of Sin!

And it came to pass, that when the gates of Jerusalem began to be dark before the sabbath, I commanded that the gates should be shut, and charged that they should not be opened till after the sabbath: and some of my servants set I at the gates, that there should no burden be brought in on the sabbath day. Nehemiah 13:19

Thus saith the LORD; Take heed to yourselves, and bear no burden on the sabbath day, nor bring it in by the gates of Jerusalem; Jeremiah 17:21​

There are two yokes, the Yoke of Jesus Christ, and His ways, or the yoke of the devil, and his.

Those which laboured, laboured under the burden, the "laden" of several things,

[1] Sin - Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the LORD, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward. Isaiah 1:4

There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin. Psalms 33:8

For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me. Psalms 38:4

Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? Isaiah 58:6

For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity. Acts 8:23

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; John 8:31

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:32

They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? John 8:33

Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. John 8:34

...and because of their iniquities, corrupt men came in and ladened even further with false practices and ways to overcome sin, rules, regulations of worthlessness, which further nullified the commandments of God.​

[2] Pharisaical, Lawyers, etc rules of works, traditions which negated the Law of God, and the Salvation of God, separating them from the pure and simple faith of Scripture - For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. Matthew 23:4

And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers. Luke 11:46​

[3] Fear of Eternal Death, because of sin, which is transgression of His Holy, Just and Good Law - And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. Hebrews 2:15

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? Romans 6:16

God/Jesus delivers from these, and gives Rest, which is the bringing us back into harmony with Himself, and His Ways and His Law, thus no longer at enmity, no longer in bondage, no longer servants of satan, but chilren of the Living God:

I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Exodus 20:2

And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. Exodus 20:6

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Exodus 20:8

Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: Exodus 20:9

But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: Exodus 20:10

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Exodus 20:11

For True Rest, is found in obeying God in His Law, not rebelling against Him in His Law. It is fully trusting in His saving Grace and Power to deliver from Sin/Selfishness, that we put away our own works for deliverance, put away sins, which are transgressions of His Holy Law, by that same Grace, but Rest with Him in His Rest, For He Delivers. The 7th Day Sabbath is the Sign of the Finished Work of Jesus, not only in Creation, but also in Salvation, Redemption in His death, He Rested. Who will trust and belive in His Finished Work with us?

Lucifer in Heaven, brought discord, strife and unrest when he rebelled and sinned in Heaven. And he again brought the same to our first parents, Adam/Eve. He [satan] brings the same to all who will refuse God, and refuse rest with Him [God/Jesus] in the 7th Day of His own choosing.​

[4] The Burden of serving wicked Kings in rigorous bondage, because of their rebellions against God, and therefore their needs of chastizing Leviticus 26:13; Deuteronomy 28:48; Isaiah 9:4, 10:27, 14:25; Jeremiah 27:8; 1 Kings 12:11; Psalms 81:6, etc. For Israel in the time of Jesus was under the bondage of the Roman yoke, for their many transgressions.

Transgression and yoke of Bondage are linked:

For of old time I have broken thy yoke, and burst thy bands; and thou saidst, I will not transgress; when upon every high hill and under every green tree thou wanderest, playing the harlot. Jeremiah 2:20

The yoke of my transgressions is bound by his hand: they are wreathed, and come up upon my neck: he hath made my strength to fall, the Lord hath delivered me into their hands, from whom I am not able to rise up. Lamentations 1:4​

The Devil is the Master Bondsman, enslaving all into sin and selfishness. He says get back to work, do not rest as God says, and do not listen to vain and idle words [of His Commandments], even as he said through Pharoah. The devil says the same through the world today... get back to work! Do not listen to God's requirements.

Yet Jesus came to set us free from the bondage of the Cruel Taskmaster, and brings us safely back into Harmony with Himself:

And it shall come to pass in the day that the LORD shall give thee rest from thy sorrow, and from thy fear, and from the hard bondage wherein thou wast made to serve, Isaiah 14:3

And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest. Exodys 33:14​

The Commandments of God are not burdensome, not grievious, but a joy and delight:

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 1 John 5:2

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. 1 John 5:3​

Love to God and man, is the keeping of the Ten Commandments of God, by the powerful Grace and Love of God.

I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love: and I was to them as they that take off the yoke on their jaws, and I laid meat unto them. Hosea 11:4​

Those who worship the Beast, have no rest:

And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. Revelation 14:11​

As God said to Israel of Old, so it is to be said unto us, Israel of "Today":

For ye are not as yet come to the rest and to the inheritance, which the LORD your God giveth you. Deuteronomy 12:9​

sojourner

Further more Isaiah 58, it speaks of "break every yoke":

Is there not the song, Would you be free from the Burden of Sin [1 John 3:4]?

This was why there was to be no Burdens borne upon the 7th Day Sabbath day of God, for the Day is the Sign of freedom from the burden of Sin!

And it came to pass, that when the gates of Jerusalem began to be dark before the sabbath, I commanded that the gates should be shut, and charged that they should not be opened till after the sabbath: and some of my servants set I at the gates, that there should no burden be brought in on the sabbath day. Nehemiah 13:19

Thus saith the LORD; Take heed to yourselves, and bear no burden on the sabbath day, nor bring it in by the gates of Jerusalem; Jeremiah 17:21​

There are two yokes, the Yoke of Jesus Christ, and His ways, or the yoke of the devil, and his.

Those which laboured, laboured under the burden, the "laden" of several things,

[1] Sin - Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the LORD, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward. Isaiah 1:4

There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin. Psalms 33:8

For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me. Psalms 38:4

Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? Isaiah 58:6

For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity. Acts 8:23

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; John 8:31

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:32

They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? John 8:33

Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. John 8:34

...and because of their iniquities, corrupt men came in and ladened even further with false practices and ways to overcome sin, rules, regulations of worthlessness, which further nullified the commandments of God.​

[2] Pharisaical, Lawyers, etc rules of works, traditions which negated the Law of God, and the Salvation of God, separating them from the pure and simple faith of Scripture - For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. Matthew 23:4

And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers. Luke 11:46​

[3] Fear of Eternal Death, because of sin, which is transgression of His Holy, Just and Good Law - And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. Hebrews 2:15

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? Romans 6:16

God/Jesus delivers from these, and gives Rest, which is the bringing us back into harmony with Himself, and His Ways and His Law, thus no longer at enmity, no longer in bondage, no longer servants of satan, but chilren of the Living God:

I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Exodus 20:2

And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. Exodus 20:6

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Exodus 20:8

Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: Exodus 20:9

But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: Exodus 20:10

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Exodus 20:11

For True Rest, is found in obeying God in His Law, not rebelling against Him in His Law. It is fully trusting in His saving Grace and Power to deliver from Sin/Selfishness, that we put away our own works for deliverance, put away sins, which are transgressions of His Holy Law, by that same Grace, but Rest with Him in His Rest, For He Delivers. The 7th Day Sabbath is the Sign of the Finished Work of Jesus, not only in Creation, but also in Salvation, Redemption in His death, He Rested. Who will trust and belive in His Finished Work with us?

Lucifer in Heaven, brought discord, strife and unrest when he rebelled and sinned in Heaven. And he again brought the same to our first parents, Adam/Eve. He [satan] brings the same to all who will refuse God, and refuse rest with Him [God/Jesus] in the 7th Day of His own choosing.​

[4] The Burden of serving wicked Kings in rigorous bondage, because of their rebellions against God, and therefore their needs of chastizing Leviticus 26:13; Deuteronomy 28:48; Isaiah 9:4, 10:27, 14:25; Jeremiah 27:8; 1 Kings 12:11; Psalms 81:6, etc. For Israel in the time of Jesus was under the bondage of the Roman yoke, for their many transgressions.

Transgression and yoke of Bondage are linked:

For of old time I have broken thy yoke, and burst thy bands; and thou saidst, I will not transgress; when upon every high hill and under every green tree thou wanderest, playing the harlot. Jeremiah 2:20

The yoke of my transgressions is bound by his hand: they are wreathed, and come up upon my neck: he hath made my strength to fall, the Lord hath delivered me into their hands, from whom I am not able to rise up. Lamentations 1:4​

The Devil is the Master Bondsman, enslaving all into sin and selfishness. He says get back to work, do not rest as God says, and do not listen to vain and idle words [of His Commandments], even as he said through Pharoah. The devil says the same through the world today... get back to work! Do not listen to God's requirements.

Yet Jesus came to set us free from the bondage of the Cruel Taskmaster, and brings us safely back into Harmony with Himself:

And it shall come to pass in the day that the LORD shall give thee rest from thy sorrow, and from thy fear, and from the hard bondage wherein thou wast made to serve, Isaiah 14:3

And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest. Exodys 33:14​

The Commandments of God are not burdensome, not grievious, but a joy and delight:

By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 1 John 5:2

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. 1 John 5:3​

Love to God and man, is the keeping of the Ten Commandments of God, by the powerful Grace and Love of God.

I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love: and I was to them as they that take off the yoke on their jaws, and I laid meat unto them. Hosea 11:4​

Those who worship the Beast, have no rest:

And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. Revelation 14:11​

As God said to Israel of Old, so it is to be said unto us, Israel of "Today":

For ye are not as yet come to the rest and to the inheritance, which the LORD your God giveth you. Deuteronomy 12:9​
Poor exegesis. Poor.

sojourner

One day, I pray that your eyes may be opened unto the real nature of your responses, and you see them in the light of Jesus Christ, and His responses.
Thanks for playing. We have some lovely parting gifts for you... including the home version of our game

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
Thanks for playing. We have some lovely parting gifts for you... including the home version of our game
Any yet sojourner, this is no game I play. My responses are in all sobriety and solemnity and entreaty.

The last warnings are going to the world. I only ask that you please, consider what is shared, not in jest, but in verity.

Jesus Christ took upon Himself the sins of the world in Gethsemane, bearing them to Calvary. Your sins, and my sins, and the sins of the whole world. The weight of your sins, or my sins, alone would crush us to dust, but He, with almighty strength, a determination born of love, carried us all. Every sin, brings grief to the heart of God, brings intense suffering. For love asks, Why, what have I done that ye rebel against my hand of mercy and justice?

Will you not bring rest to the heart of God, and obey His holy commandment?

2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.​