• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kanye West's "Christian" - "Sunday Service" - Jesus is King Album, Chick Fil-A & the Real Lord's Day

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I do. 'Trent' is very much current theology. Since you are so fond of 'google', you ought do so.
The question was not concerning present theology. It was concerning the theology of the first and second century church. But whatever, as I said, the discussion has degraded into me simply repeating my point over and over, thus, the discussion is now over.

IndigoChild5559

Thank you for proving my point. You just agreed that the name Israel was given to an individual, which is what I said.
And what *I* said, is that you cannot apply the name Israel to any Tom, Dick, or Harry, including Jesus. Jesus was only a part of Israel, just as any Jew is only part of Israel.

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
And what *I* said, is that you cannot apply the name Israel to any Tom, Dick, or Harry, including Jesus. Jesus was only a part of Israel, just as any Jew is only part of Israel.
"I" did not apply the name. The Holy Ghost/Spirit did that through Matthew directly applying ("fulfilled") Hosea 11:1 to Jesus Christ, the "my [God's] son" in the verse of scripture (KJB). For instance, the 'everlasting covenant', aka the "covenant of life and peace", etc is made with this man called "Israel" (see Jeremiah 31:31-34):

Mal_2:5 My covenant was with him of life and peace; and I gave them to him for the fear wherewith he feared me, and was afraid before my name.
Jacob was part of the greater "Israel" that existed before him (the Son of God with whom he wrestled; Isaiah 9:6, the very eternal "fellow" of the Father, Zechariah 13:7), the alpha and omega, the first and the last, the root and offspring, the author and finisher, the beginning and the ending, the 7th day and the adventist.

IndigoChild5559

"I" did not apply the name. The Holy Ghost/Spirit did that through Matthew directly applying ("fulfilled") Hosea 11:1 to Jesus Christ, the "my [God's] son" in the verse of scripture (KJB). For instance, the 'everlasting covenant', aka the "covenant of life and peace", etc is made with this man called "Israel" (see Jeremiah 31:31-34):

Mal_2:5 My covenant was with him of life and peace; and I gave them to him for the fear wherewith he feared me, and was afraid before my name.
Jacob was part of the greater "Israel" that existed before him (the Son of God with whom he wrestled; Isaiah 9:6, the very eternal "fellow" of the Father, Zechariah 13:7), the alpha and omega, the first and the last, the root and offspring, the author and finisher, the beginning and the ending, the 7th day and

the adventist.

This is why I don't reply to your posts -- because you list a bunch of verses that don't apply. For example, NONE of these verses say that the messiah is Israel. In fact none of these verses even talk about the messiah!!!!

Hosea 11:1 -- about the People of Israel being brought out of Egypt. Nothing about the Messiah being Israel. Not even a messianic passage despite Matthew attempting to pull it out of context.

Jeremiah 31:31-34 -- about the New Covenant which hasn't come yet. Nothing in it about the Messiah being Israel. Not even a messianic passage.

Malachi 2:5 -- you quoted. Nothing about the Messiah being Israel. Not even messianic.

Isaiah 9:6 -- about King Hezekiah. Nothing about the Messiah being Israel. Not even messianic.

Zechariah 13:7 -- looks like the shepherd may refer to the Messiah at first glance, however... STILL nothing about the Messiah being Israel AND if you look at 13:7 the shepherd says he is NOT a prophet. Oh well, eh!

Your post was a complete and total waste of my time. All your posts are this way. No wonder I roll my eyes when I scan them.

Last edited:

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
Let's consider now what the LDS (Latter day saints, aka 'Mormons') have in their own writings, and see if there is any hypocritical (saying one thing, doing another) practice therein:

Speaking on the Ten Commandments:

"God’s Laws Remain Constant

“Although the world has changed, the laws of God remain constant. They have not changed; they will not change. The Ten Commandments are just that—commandments. They are not suggestions. They are every bit as requisite today as they were when God gave them to the children of Israel. If we but listen, we hear the echo of God’s voice, speaking to us here and now. …

“Our code of conduct is definitive; it is not negotiable. It is found not only in the Ten Commandments but also in the Sermon on the Mount, given to us by the Savior when He walked upon the earth. It is found throughout His teachings. It is found in the words of modern revelation.

“Our Father in Heaven is the same yesterday, today, and forever. The prophet Mormon tells us that God is ‘unchangeable from all eternity to all eternity’ [Moroni 8:18]. In this world where nearly everything seems to be changing, His constancy is something on which we can rely, an anchor to which we can hold fast and be safe, lest we be swept away into uncharted waters.”" [Words of the Prophet -President Thomas S. Monson; LDS.org] - Words of the Prophet

According to the official stance taken by the LDS church, from the official LDS.org website:

"The Ten Commandments are eternal gospel principles that are necessary for our exaltation. The Lord revealed them to Moses in ancient times (see Exodus 20:1–17), and they are also referenced in whole or in part in other books of scripture (see Matthew 19:18–19; Romans 13:9; Mosiah 12:33–36; 13:13–24; D&C 42:18–29; 59:5–13; 63:61–62). The Ten Commandments are a vital part of the gospel. Obedience to these commandments paves the way for obedience to other gospel principles. " [LDS.org, Ten Commandments] - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Notice, the offical LDS.org site, cites Exodus 20:1-17, and let us see what it says in Exodus 20:8-11 [from LDS.org; classic, or check with Internet Archives WayBack Machine for the older version of the website]:

"8 Remember the {a} sabbath day, to keep it {b} holy.

9 {a} Six days shalt thou {b} labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy {a} stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in {a} six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord {b} blessed the sabbath day, and {c} hallowed it." [4th Commandment; LDS.org] – Exodus 20 or Scriptures

Ex 20:8 [Notation] - “the {a} sabbath day” - “HEB stopping, cessation, rest (from labor). See Ex. 31:17. TG Sabbath.” Ex. 31:17 given as “17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.”

Ex. 20:9 [Notation] - “{a} Six days” - “Ex. 35:2.” - Ex. 35:2 given as “2 Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the Lord: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.”

Ex. 20:11 [Notation] - “For in {a} six days” - “Ex. 31:17; Moses 2:31 (24–31).” Ex. 31:17 given as “17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.”; [LDS Book of Mormon] Moses 2:24-31.

Ex. 20:11 [Notation] - “{b} blessed the sabbath day” - “Gen. 2:3 (1–3); Mosiah 13:19; D&C 77:12; Moses 3:3.” Gen. 2:3 (1-3) given as “1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.”; [LDS Book of Mormon] Mosiah 13:19 given as “19 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is; wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.”; [LDS Doctrine & Covenants] D&C 77:12; [LDS Book of Mormon] Moses 3:3 given as “3 And I, God, blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it; because that in it I had rested from all my work which I, God, had created and made.

Ex. 20:11 [Notation] - “and {c} hallowed it.” - “OR sanctified or consecrated.”​

Notice which Day that LDS.org officially cites from Scripture Exodus 20:8-11.

The 7th Day, the Sabbath of the LORD thy God, ... unchangeable, constant, as the Character of God, Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today and forever... I change not...

Again notice, from official LDS.org:

"The Lord personally gave counsel to his children regarding the importance and sacredness of the Sabbath day.

He said, “Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

“Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

“But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

“For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.” (Ex. 20:8–11.)

The Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it, and he has asked us to remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. It is a day for spiritual thought and growth; a day to meet with the saints and to partake of the sacrament; a special hallowed day to read the words of God as recorded in his sacred scriptures.

Fathers who disrespect that which God hallowed and fail to keep the Sabbath day holy will generally pass this sin on to their posterity. It is a sin to unhallow that which God hath hallowed. Keeping the Sabbath day holy has a hallowing effect on the soul of man, and love for God and his commandments is increased." [The Ten Commandments; Elder Bernard P. Brockbank; Assistant to the Council of the Twelve] - The Ten Commandments

Another:

"B.

The Sabbath day was changed in the meridian dispensation.

“The Church accepts Sunday as the Christian Sabbath and proclaims the sanctity of the day. We admit without argument that under the Mosaic law the seventh day of the week, Saturday, was designated and observed as the holy day, and that the change from Saturday to Sunday was a feature of the apostolic administration following the personal ministry of Jesus Christ. Greater than the question of this day or that in the week is the actuality of the weekly Sabbath, to be observed as a day of special and particular devotion to the service of the Lord” (James E. Talmage, The Articles of Faith, 449)."- http://www.lds.org/manual/doctrines...-27-the-law-of-the-sabbath?lang=kor&clang=eng

Notice that what they say in one place is perpetual, unalterable, and a sin to unhallow, in another place is somehow 'changed' and 'accepted' [not by Jesus they say, but by the church], but they cannot place exactly where, for no such example or commandment in scripture exists for it to be so changed.

The argumentation of an 'apostolic' change after Jesus, is Roman Catholic doctrine...

If I asked the elder, or ward bishop, or stake president, or one or all of the quorum of seventy, or yet higher still in the congregation of LDS, including the LDS president [prophet], would any of them tell me that they could not be sure which day is the "first [day] of the week" is? How then can “the 7th”, be “the first”???, how can that which is made “Holy” by God, be altered, changed and accepted by men???

Which day does the LDS congregation celebrate "Easter"? Which day does the LDS congregation officially recognize as the day of the resurrection? They say it is the “first day of the week”, and not the 7th Day...

"The Savior was ... resurrected. The New Testament contains several accounts testifying that He rose from the tomb (see Matthew 28:1-8; Mark 16:1-14; Luke 24:1-48; John 20:1-29; 1 Corinthians 15:1-8; 2 Peter 1:16-17)." - Resurrection

Therefore, the LDS.org clearly demonstrates which day is "the seventh day" [aka "Saturday"] and which day is the "first [day] of the week" [aka "Sunday"], and the two shall ever be separate, for the 7th Day is Holy, and the first is not...

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
Continuing with the LDS,

It can be traced from now till Jesus and back to creation...

"Elder Bruce R. McConkie (1915–85) of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles stated that Sabbath observance is an eternal principle, and he noted five occurrences in the scriptures when observance of the Sabbath day was required by the Lord:

“From the day of Adam to the Exodus from Egypt, the Sabbath commemorated the fact that Christ rested from his creative labors on the 7th day (Ex. 20:8-11).” - Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy

"The Sabbath was a holy day before the giving of the law, even from the earliest times (cf. the account of the creation-- Gen. 2:2-3; the sacredness of the number 7; the narrative of the manna --Ex. 16:23-30; and the narrative of the man gathering sticks--Num. 15:32-36; cf. v. 34); ... for the Sabbath is an eternal principle, and would have existed from the days of Adam, whenever the gospel was on the earth among men." - Sabbath
Jarom 1:5 Book Of Mormon:

5 And now, behold, *two hundred years had passed away, and the people of Nephi had waxed strong in the land. They observed to akeep the law of Moses and the bsabbath day holy unto the Lord. And they cprofaned not; neither did they dblaspheme. And the elaws of the land were exceedingly strict. - Scriptures

Notation Pages for Jarom 1:5:

A - 2 Ne. 25: 24. 24 And, notwithstanding we believe in Christ, we akeep the law of Moses, and look forward with steadfastness unto Christ, until the law shall be fulfilled. Mosiah 2: 3. 3 And they also took of the afirstlings of their flocks, that they might offer bsacrifice and cburnt dofferings eaccording to the law of Moses; Alma 30: 3. 3 Yea, and the people did observe to keep the commandments of the Lord; and they were strict in observing the aordinances of God, according to the law of Moses; for they were taught to bkeep the law of Moses until it should be fulfilled. Alma 34: 14 (13-14) 14 And behold, this is the whole ameaning of the blaw, every whit cpointing to that great and last dsacrifice; and that great and last esacrifice will be the Son of God, yea, finfinite and eternal. - Scriptures

B - Ex. 35: 2. 2 aSix days shall bwork be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a csabbath of rest to the Lord: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to ddeath. TG Sabbath.-
Scriptures

C - TG Profanity. - Scriptures

D - TG Blasphemy - Scriptures

E - Alma 1: 1. 1 Now it came to pass that in the first year of the reign of the judges over the people of Nephi, from this time forward, king Mosiah having agone the way of all the earth, having warred a good warfare, walking uprightly before God, leaving none to reign in his stead; nevertheless he had established blaws, and they were acknowledged by the people; therefore they were obliged to abide by the claws which he had made. - Scriptures

Mosiah 13:16-19 Book Of Mormon:

16 Remember the asabbath day, to keep it holy. 17 Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work; 18 But the seventh day, the sabbath of the Lord thy God, thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy man-servant, nor thy maid-servant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; 19 For in asix days the Lord made heaven and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is; wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. - Scriptures

Notation Pages for Mosiah 13:16 -

A - Mosiah 18: 23. 23 And he commanded them that they should observe the asabbath day, and keep it holy, and also every day they should give thanks to the Lord their God. TG Sabbath. - Scriptures

Notation Pages for Mosiah 13:19 -

A - Gen. 1: 31. 31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very agood. And the evening and the morning were the bsixth day. Ex. 20: 11. 11 For in asix days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord bblessed the sabbath day, and challowed it. - Scriptures

Mosiah 18:23 Book Of Mormon:

23 And he commanded them that they should observe the asabbath day, and keep it holy, and also every day they should give thanks to the Lord their God. - Scriptures

Notation Page For Mosiah 18:23:

A - Ex. 35: 2. 2 aSix days shall bwork be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a csabbath of rest to the Lord: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to ddeath. Mosiah 13: 16 (16-19) 16 Remember the asabbath day, to keep it holy. - Scriptures

III Nephi 18:14 Book Of Mormon:

14 Therefore blessed are ye if ye shall keep my commandments, which the Father hath commanded me that I should give unto you. - Scriptures

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
Yet, further with the LDS material:

The Doctrine And Covenants Of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day Saints; Section 59, #9-12:

9 And that thou mayest more fully keep thyself aunspotted from the world, thou shalt go to the house of bprayer and offer up thy csacraments upon my dholy day; 10 For verily this is a aday appointed unto you to rest from your labors, and to pay thy devotions unto the Most High; 11 Nevertheless thy avows shall be offered up in righteousness on all days and at all times; 12 But remember that on this, the aLord’s day, thou shalt offer thine boblations and thy sacraments unto the Most High, cconfessing thy sins unto thy brethren, and before the Lord. - Scriptures

Notation Page for D&C; Section 59, #9, D:

D - Lev. 19: 3. 3 ¶ Ye shall fear every man his mother, and his father, and keep my asabbaths: I am the bLord your God. Lev. 23: 3. 3 Six days shall work be done: but the aseventh day is the bsabbath of rest, an holy cconvocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the dsabbath of the Lord in all your dwellings. Alma 1: 26 (26-27) 26 And when the priests left their alabor to impart the word of God unto the people, the people also left their labors to hear the word of God. And when the priest had imparted unto them the word of God they all returned again diligently unto their labors; and the priest, not esteeming himself above his hearers, for the preacher was no better than the hearer, neither was the teacher any better than the learner; and thus they were all equal, and they did all labor, every man baccording to his strength. D&C 68: 29. 29 And the inhabitants of Zion shall also observe the aSabbath day to keep it holy. TG Sabbath. - Scriptures

Notation Page for D&C; Section 59, #10, A:

A - Ex. 35: 2. 2 aSix days shall bwork be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a csabbath of rest to the Lord: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to ddeath. Lev. 23: 25. 25 Ye shall do no servile awork therein: but ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord. TG Rest. TG Worship. - Scriptures

Notation Page for D&C; Section 59, #12, A:

A - Neh. 8: 10. 10 Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send aportions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this bday is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye csorry; for the joy of the Lord is your dstrength. Rev. 1: 10. 10 I was in the Spirit on the aLord’s bday, and heard behind me a great cvoice, as of a trumpet, - Scriptures

The Doctrine And Covenants Of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day Saints; Section 68, #29:

29 And the inhabitants of Zion shall also observe the aSabbath day to keep it holy. - Scriptures

Notation Page for D&C; Section 68, #29:

A - Alma 1: 26 (26-27) 26 And when the priests left their alabor to impart the word of God unto the people, the people also left their labors to hear the word of God. And when the priest had imparted unto them the word of God they all returned again diligently unto their labors; and the priest, not esteeming himself above his hearers, for the preacher was no better than the hearer, neither was the teacher any better than the learner; and thus they were all equal, and they did all labor, every man baccording to his strength. D&C 59: 9. 9 And that thou mayest more fully keep thyself aunspotted from the world, thou shalt go to the house of bprayer and offer up thy csacraments upon my dholy day; TG Sabbath. - Scriptures

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
Finally, the LDS material is absolutely positive that the 7th day is the sabbath:

The Book Of Moses [LDS]; Selections From; June - October 1830; Chapter 3:1-3:

1 Thus the aheaven and the earth were finished, and all the bhost of them. 2 And on the seventh day I, God, ended my work, and all things which I had made; and I arested on the bseventh day from all my work, and all things which I had made were finished, and I, God, saw that they were good; 3 And I, God, ablessed the seventh day, and bsanctified it; because that in it I had rested from all my cwork which I, God, had created and made. - Scriptures

Notation Page for BoM[oses]; Chapter 3:2

A - Gen. 2: 2 (1-3) 2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had amade; and he brested on the seventh day from all his cwork which he had made. Abr. 5: 2 (1-3) 2 And the Gods said among themselves: On the seventh time we will end our work, which we have counseled; and we will arest on the bseventh time from all our work which we have counseled. TG Rest. - Scriptures

B - TG Sabbath - Scriptures

Notation Page for BoM[oses]; Chapter 3:3

A - Ex. 20: 11. 11 For in asix days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord bblessed the sabbath day, and challowed it. Mosiah 13: 19. 19 For in asix days the Lord made heaven and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is; wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. D&C 77: 12. 12 Q. What are we to understand by the sounding of the atrumpets, mentioned in the 8th chapter of Revelation? A. We are to understand that as God bmade the world in six days, and on the seventh day he finished his work, and csanctified it, and also formed man out of the ddust of the earth, even so, in the beginning of the seventh thousand years will the Lord God esanctify the earth, and complete the salvation of man, and fjudge all things, and shall gredeem all things, except that which he hath not put into his power, when he shall have sealed all things, unto the end of all things; and the sounding of the trumpets of the seven angels are the preparing and finishing of his work, in the beginning of the seventh thousand years—the hpreparing of the way before the time of his coming. - Scriptures

B - Abr. 5: 3 (1-3) 3 And the Gods concluded upon the seventh time, because that on the seventh time they would arest from all their bworks which they (the Gods) counseled among themselves to form; and csanctified it. And thus were their decisions at the time that they counseled among themselves to form the heavens and the earth. - Scriptures

C - Ex. 31: 15 (14-15) 15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of arest, holy to the Lord: whosoever doeth any bwork in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Mosiah 13: 18 (16-19) 18 But the seventh day, the sabbath of the Lord thy God, thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy man-servant, nor thy maid-servant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; - Scriptures
The Book Of Abraham; Translated From The Papyrus, By Joseph Smith, Chapter 5:1-3:

1 And thus we will finish the heavens and the earth, and all the ahosts of them. 2 And the Gods said among themselves: On the seventh time we will end our work, which we have counseled; and we will arest on the bseventh time from all our work which we have counseled. 3 And the Gods concluded upon the seventh time, because that on the seventh time they would arest from all their bworks which they (the Gods) counseled among themselves to form; and csanctified it. And thus were their decisions at the time that they counseled among themselves to form the heavens and the earth. - Scriptures

Notation Page for BoA; Chapter 5:2

Notation Page for BoA; Chapter 5:3:

A - Ex. 20: 8 (8-11) 8 Remember the asabbath day, to keep it bholy. - Scriptures

B - Ex. 31: 15 (15-16) 15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of arest, holy to the Lord: whosoever doeth any bwork in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Mosiah 13: 18 (16-19) 18 But the seventh day, the sabbath of the Lord thy God, thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy man-servant, nor thy maid-servant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; - Scriptures

C - Mosiah 13: 19 (16-19) 19 For in asix days the Lord made heaven and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is; wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. D&C 77: 12. 12 Q. What are we to understand by the sounding of the atrumpets, mentioned in the 8th chapter of Revelation? A. We are to understand that as God bmade the world in six days, and on the seventh day he finished his work, and csanctified it, and also formed man out of the ddust of the earth, even so, in the beginning of the seventh thousand years will the Lord God esanctify the earth, and complete the salvation of man, and fjudge all things, and shall gredeem all things, except that which he hath not put into his power, when he shall have sealed all things, unto the end of all things; and the sounding of the trumpets of the seven angels are the preparing and finishing of his work, in the beginning of the seventh thousand years—the hpreparing of the way before the time of his coming. - Scriptures

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
Even Joseph Smith said:

"... Q. What are we to understand by the book which John saw, which was asealed on the back with seven seals?

A. We are to understand that it contains the revealed will, bmysteries, and the works of God; the hidden things of his economy concerning this cearth during the seven thousand years of its continuance, or its temporal existence. ..." - Doctrine and Covenants, 77:6 - https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... 7?lang=eng

Which is exactly what has been taught all these long years by faithful students of scripture, and it seems the LDS upper management have been trying to hide this, and so it seems a reformation is necessary among the laity - Back to the Bible, the 7th day, the Sabbath of the LORD thy God!:

Age of the Earth

The Redemption of the Creation – 7000 Years And The Everlasting Gospel (Powerpoint)

7000 Year Plan Of The Everlasting Gospel – Bible & Historical Quotations (PDF)

AWHN - Bible - 7000 Years.jpg

It is amazing how certain LDS attempt to make LDS theology teach this billions of years ... when it clearly does not say that at all.

The 7th day is the Sabbath of the LORD in Genesis, for it culminates the previous 6 work days of God. Thus how can persons attempt to replace 1 for 7, and 7 for 1, when all the sources speak of the 7th.

If we are to use other secular sources, like wikipedia, or other dictionaries ...

"Definition of SATURDAY
: the seventh day of the week" - Definition of SATURDAY

"Sat·ur·day
[sat-er-dey, -dee]
noun
the seventh day of the week, following Friday.

World English Dictionary
Saturday (ˈsætədɪ, -deɪ)
—n
the seventh and last day of the week: the ... Sabbath" - Definition of saturday | Dictionary.com

"Sat·ur·day (str-d, -d)
n.
1. Abbr. Sat. or S The seventh day of the week.
2. The ... Sabbath." - Saturday

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
A study about the Sabbath and the counterfeit 'first [day] of the week' in scripture and in history:

For instance, did you know, that Patrick of Ireland was not a Catholic, but rather a Protestant 7th day sabbath keeper?

IndigoChild5559

Let's consider now what the LDS (Latter day saints, aka 'Mormons') have in their own writings, and see if there is any hypocritical (saying one thing, doing another) practice therein:

Speaking on the Ten Commandments:

"God’s Laws Remain Constant

“Although the world has changed, the laws of God remain constant. They have not changed; they will not change. The Ten Commandments are just that—commandments. They are not suggestions. They are every bit as requisite today as they were when God gave them to the children of Israel. If we but listen, we hear the echo of God’s voice, speaking to us here and now. …​
First of all, I don't really care what Mormon writings say, just as I don't care what Christian writings say. Mormonism is a road that will mislead a person, just as the Christian road misleads.

However, responding to the content of the above...

It is correct that God's law does not change. The Shabbat is to be kept today by Jews just as it was back in Moses day.

The question here is not whether God's law is permanent, but to whom the Law of Shabbat was given. Clearly it was given to israel. Nowhere in the sacred texts was Adam or Noah or any other Gentile commanded to observe Shabbat. Only Israel. Therefore a non-Jew can work seven days a week if they want, or can't rest and worship on Sunday, or Wednesday, or Saturday, or Friday, or whenever they choose. They are free to choice. Only the Children of Israel have an obligation to observe the Shabbat.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
This whole obsession with “the seventh day” is driven by fear, and fueled by a gross lack of understanding with regard to Judaic custom of the time. The proof-texting proves nothing. Nobody cares when you want to worship and nobody cares what day you think is set aside. You’re free to believe and do as you wish. So are the rest of us. There are bible passages alluding to “The Lord’s Day” as the first day of the week. Tradition and apostolic teaching backs that up. And it began way before the RCC.

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
This whole obsession with “the seventh day” is driven by fear, and fueled by a gross lack of understanding with regard to Judaic custom of the time. The proof-texting proves nothing. Nobody cares when you want to worship and nobody cares what day you think is set aside. You’re free to believe and do as you wish. So are the rest of us. There are bible passages alluding to “The Lord’s Day” as the first day of the week. Tradition and apostolic teaching backs that up. And it began way before the RCC.
There are 0 (zero, nada, zip, ziltch, nothing, none, bubkiss) texts or passages within scripture (KJB) that teach that "the LORD's day" is the first [day] of the week, and instead, all of the texts, as cited demonstrate it to be the 7th day, the sabbath of the LORD my God.

Worship is to be 24/7/365. It is non-sequitur (and worse; a poorly constructed straw man, and red-herring) to distract the conversation to think that anyone is teaching otherwise. The matter of the OP, is which specific day is "the Lord's day".

Here is what Jesus said about your vain (and Roman Catholic, thus anti-Christs (in the place of Christ)) traditions:

Mat_15:6 "...Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition."

Mar_7:8 "For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, ..."​

So the question remains to be asked directly to your person, as you refuse God's commandment and put into its place one of your own making, which is self-righteousness, self-law.

Mat_15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
Through the vain tradition of men, they have highly esteemed that which God hath not esteemed:

Luk_16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.​

Satan, through his agency on this earth (Revelation 13 & 17) has thought to change the times and laws of the Most High God, and presently, you are "amening" his agenda and platform (Daniel 7:25).

The "teaching" of the Apostles are found in the New Testament, which has already been cited in this thread by myself. In fact, see all of the "Acts" of the "Apostles" citations.

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
The prophecies of Isaiah, foretold of all who would repent, and take hold of God's covenant, and sign/seal:

Isa 56:1 Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.

56:1 Koh ämar y'hwäh shim'rû mish'Pä† waásû tz'däqäh Kiy-q'rôväh y'shûätiy lävô w'tzid'qätiy l'hiGälôt

"salvation" [H3444] - Yeshua, was to be sent.

"righteousness" [H6666] - see the Righteous Branch of David, who brings Justice in the earth [H6666], in Isaiah 9:7, Isaiah 46:13; Jeremiah 23:5, 33:15, was to appear on the stage of earth's history.

Isa 56:2 Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.
Isa 56:2 ash'rëy énôsh yaáseh-Zot ûven-ädäm yacháziyq BäH shomër shaBät mëchaL'lô w'shomër yädô mëásôt Käl-rä š

Isa 56:3 Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.
Isa 56:4 For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;
Isa 56:5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.
Isa 56:6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;
Isa 56:7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.
Isa 56:8 The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.

Two groups, One Fold

[1] remnant of Israel, the gathered outcasts
[2] the gentiles, sons of the stranger, foreigners,

all keeping the 7th day the Sabbath of the LORD, the seal of the ever living God, for all will acknowledge their Creator and ReCreator (Redeemer).​

Isa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
Isa 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.​

IndigoChild5559

The prophecies of Isaiah, foretold of all who would repent, and take hold of God's covenant, and sign/seal:

Isa 56:1 Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.

56:1 Koh ämar y'hwäh shim'rû mish'Pä† waásû tz'däqäh Kiy-q'rôväh y'shûätiy lävô w'tzid'qätiy l'hiGälôt

"salvation" [H3444] - Yeshua, was to be sent.

"righteousness" [H6666] - see the Righteous Branch of David, who brings Justice in the earth [H6666], in Isaiah 9:7, Isaiah 46:13; Jeremiah 23:5, 33:15, was to appear on the stage of earth's history.

Isa 56:2 Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.
Isa 56:2 ash'rëy énôsh yaáseh-Zot ûven-ädäm yacháziyq BäH shomër shaBät mëchaL'lô w'shomër yädô mëásôt Käl-rä š

Isa 56:3 Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.
Isa 56:4 For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;
Isa 56:5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.
Isa 56:6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;
Isa 56:7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.
Isa 56:8 The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.

Two groups, One Fold
[1] remnant of Israel, the gathered outcasts
[2] the gentiles, sons of the stranger, foreigners,

all keeping the 7th day the Sabbath of the LORD, the seal of the ever living God, for all will acknowledge their Creator and ReCreator (Redeemer).​
Isa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
Isa 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.​
Don't know what website your pasting from, but this is a bizarre transliteration of Hebrew. When translaterating, we don't usually use things such as umlauts.

BTW, are you LDS? Are you pasting all this from an LDS source?

coconut theology

coconuts for Jesus
A study about the Sabbath and the counterfeit 'first [day] of the week' in scripture and in history: ...

For instance, did you know, that Patrick of Ireland was not a Catholic, but rather a Protestant 7th day sabbath keeper?
Additional history of the Sabbath in scripture and the so-called ECF (the easily confused fellows):

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
There are 0 (zero, nada, zip, ziltch, nothing, none, bubkiss) texts or passages within scripture (KJB) that teach that "the LORD's day" is the first [day] of the week
There are. You're glossing over it.

Mat_15:6 "...Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition."
This has to do with the washing of hands, not Shabbat.

Mar_7:8 "For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, ..."
Same story, different gospel. Has to do with the washing of hands, not Shabbat.

Mat_15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
First part of the Matt. story above. Still about the washing of hands.

You seem to like to take things out of context and twist them to apply to whatever you wish. That's not How It Works.

Luk_16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
This is the story of the dishonest manager. Lk 16:5 says -- "So, summoning his master's debtors one by one, he asked the first, 'How much do you owe my master?'" Can't even get your retorts correct. How embarrassing...

The "teaching" of the Apostles are found in the New Testament, which has already been cited in this thread by myself. In fact, see all of the "Acts" of the "Apostles" citations.
Correct. They are also found outside the texts. Those are the ones you're ignoring.