• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kanye West Suspended from Twitter Again

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I've just always called him Prince, and was actually surprised when I learned that was really his name. I long thought it was something like Freddy Mercury, Alice Cooper or Eminem and not his birth name or a stage name.
I think most people did.

Erebus

I'm unsure how he even thought the idea of a free-for-all environment on a social-media platform could be wise or conducive to a healthy atmosphere

8Chan should have served as ample warning for what happens when you try that.

The whole concept of free-speech absolutism strikes me as incredibly naïve. I say that as somebody who more or less subscribed to that ideology at one point in my life.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Just two months after Twitter reinstated Kanye West's account, he has been suspended from the platform again:

Twitter suspends Kanye West's account again

It seems that even the "free speech absolutist" now realizes that certain forms of speech are a red line to most users, advertisers, and public figures. I'm unsure how he even thought the idea of a free-for-all environment on a social-media platform could be wise or conducive to a healthy atmosphere, but he has been finding out the hard way that some of the previously banned Twitter users were banned for sound reasons far beyond "cancel culture" or similar ideologically charged buzzwords.
I think the proper response is:" Who cares?"