• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kalki Avatar - Maitreya Buddha - Jesus 2nd - Imam Mahdi

chinu

chinu
About the different names written in the title of this thread I believe the following:
  • Are the different names given to one personality during different times.
  • Very soon -- world will be in need of such a personality.
  • Very soon -- going to appear between us / mankind.
What do you believe ?
  • You are welcome for discussion about this topic in this thread.
  • You are also welcome to post any RELATED text, audio or video in this thread.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I accept Meher Baba as that manifestation of the Avatar who has been anticipated in many religions. He makes that greatest claim possible in his "universal message"

I have come not to teach but to awaken. Understand therefore that I lay down no precepts.

Throughout eternity I have laid down principles and precepts, but mankind has ignored them. Man's inability to live God's words makes the Avatar's teaching a mockery. Instead of practising the compassion he taught, man has waged crusades in his name. Instead of living the humility, purity and truth of his words, man has given way to hatred, greed and violence.

Because man has been deaf to the principles and precepts laid down by God in the past, in this present avataric form I observe Silence. You have asked for and been given enough words — it is now time to live them. To get nearer and nearer to God you have to get further and further away from "I", "My", and "Mine". You have not to renounce anything but your own self. It is as simple as that, though found to be almost impossible. It is possible for you to renounce your limited self by my Grace. I have come to release that Grace.

I repeat, I lay down no precepts. When I release the tide of Truth which I have come to give, men's daily lives will be the living precept. The words I have not spoken will come to life in them.

I veil myself from man by his own curtain of ignorance, and manifest my Glory to a few. My present avataric Form is the last Incarnation of this cycle of time, hence my Manifestation will be the greatest. When I break my Silence, the impact of my Love will be universal and all life in creation will know, feel and receive of it. It will help every individual to break himself free from his own bondage in his own way. I am the Divine Beloved who loves you more than you can ever love yourself. The breaking of my Silence will help you to help yourself in knowing your real self.

All this world confusion and chaos was inevitable and no one is to blame. What had to happen has happened; and what has to happen will happen. There was and is no way out except through my coming in your midst. I had to come, and I have come. I am the Ancient One.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I have never felt that any one individual could hold the entire vibration of God, in the way that's described by the person themselves, or by the devotees that followed. To me, it makes no sense why God would select one person as the chosen one. Surely God doesn't play favorites. So I reject the ideas of avatar, manifestation, son of God, or any other way one wants to word the concept. So because of this logic, I reject all previous claimants to it, as well as any future claimants. If God actually put His power into one being, surely that person could do a whole lot more that has ever been done, like withstand assassination attempts, cure poverty, or literally move mountains.

At the same time, I believe in wise people, and that mystic union with God (Self-realisation, nirvana, etc.) are all possible by each and every soul.

I also accept anyone's right to believe in the idea, despite how illogical it appears to me.