• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JW's view of the human soul

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Really??? Well, let's see: In my organization, there is a Chief Executive Officer, a Chief People Officer, a Chief Information officer, A Chief Financial Officer, a Chief Information Technology Officer.... That's 5 Chiefs so far. Bad analogy, Pegg.:slap:

really? Do all those chiefs play the same role? No. They are all in different positions. there is only ever 1 CEO.

And the CEO is head of all of them. His decisions can override all others because he is head of all.

Big_TJ

really? Do all those chiefs play the same role? No. They are all in different positions. there is only ever 1 CEO.

And the CEO is head of all of them. His decisions can override all others because he is head of all.

Actually no; the CEO decision doesn't override all, and he is not the head of all. The "head of all" is the "Board of Directors" which is led by a Chairman. You would be more correct if you had suggested that the Chairman is the "head of them all."

The point I was making is that when you say that "Chief implies one not many" is demonstratively false given the "CEO" analogy that you used.

And I agree; there is only one CEO.. but, there is only one CTO, one CPO, etc... so your analogy is just terribly bad.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Actually no; the CEO decision doesn't override all, and he is not the head of all. The "head of all" is the "Board of Directors" which is led by a Chairman. You would be more correct if you had suggested that the Chairman is the "head of them all."

The point I was making is that when you say that "Chief implies one not many" is demonstratively false given the "CEO" analogy that you used.

And I agree; there is only one CEO.. but, there is only one CTO, one CPO, etc... so your analogy is just terribly bad.

well i understood it :D