• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JWs & The Bible

John1.12

Free gift
They recognized him after the fact - by what he did, and said. Not by any physical features.
Isn't that what we see in scripture?

When you read all the accounts, that's what we see - Luke 24:13-43 ; John 20:14-20 ; John 21:1-8
//Not by any physical features.//
24¶But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.

25The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

26¶And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus , the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

27Then saith he to Thomas,Reach hither thy finger and behold my hands and reach hither thy hand and thrust it into my side , : and be not faithless, but believing.
It sounds like you don't believe ?

nPeace

Veteran Member
//Not by any physical features.//
24¶But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.

25The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

26¶And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus , the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

27Then saith he to Thomas,Reach hither thy finger and behold my hands and reach hither thy hand and thrust it into my side , : and be not faithless, but believing.
It sounds like you don't believe ?
Don't believe what?

John1.12

Free gift
Just like the angels.
Jacob wrestled with one.
Moses fed many.
Daniel three companions were protected in flames by one.

What body did angels apear with? Did they not eat and drink? Spirits materialize bodies. Jesus raised in spirit did the same.

What does the Bible say?
That's the important thing.
(1 Corinthians 15:36-38) 36 . . .What you sow is not made alive unless first it dies. 37 And as for what you sow, you sow, not the body that will develop, but just a bare grain, whether of wheat or of some other kind of seed; 38 but God gives it a body just as it has pleased him, and gives to each of the seeds its own body.
But the bible SAYS non of that about Jesus. Were taking about Jesus. Its Jesus himself that says otherwise to what you believe . Going to other verses with there own context, without first establishing the verses in question in their immediate context is where the cults cash in .

nPeace

Veteran Member
But the bible SAYS not of that about Jesus. Its Jesus himself that says otherwise to what you believe . Going to other verses with there own context, without first establishing the verses in question in their immediate context is where the cults cash in .
If one does not believe the Bible, they will say whatever they believe, and ignore the scriptures.
The Bible says many things. We cannot ignore them so as to believe an idea.
Paul was discussing the resurrection, in detail - Jesus included.
Are you saying you do not think that part of scripture is discussing the resurrection?
The thread's theme is JWs and the Bible. Not JWs and people's beliefs.

John1.12

Free gift
Who else would it be, but himself... in a new body - given to him by God.
Its the same body risen . There's no switch a roo going on in the tomb . Its the same body with the same pierced hands ,feet and side . Yes a difference with his resurrected body as I mentioned earlier. Same body ( Jesus says " destroy THIS !! temple, and ILL raise IT up again in three days , this he spake of the temple of HIS body .John 2 19 ) but with a difference, not a different one .

nPeace

Veteran Member
Jesus own words that he himself, raised himself, and that it was himself risen. As he said he would.
(Acts 2:24) . . .But God resurrected him by releasing him from the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held fast by it.

(Acts 3:15) whereas you killed the Chief Agent of life. But God raised him up from the dead, of which fact we are witnesses.

(Romans 4:24) but also for our sake, to whom it will be counted, because we believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord up from the dead.

(1 Corinthians 6:14) But God raised up the Lord and will also raise us up out of death through his power.

(Colossians 2:12) For you were buried with him in his baptism, and by your relationship with him you were also raised up together through your faith in the powerful work of God, who raised him up from the dead.

(Hebrews 13:20) Now may the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great shepherd of the sheep, our Lord Jesus, with the blood of an everlasting covenant,

nPeace

Veteran Member
Its the same body risen . There's no switch a roo going on in the tomb . Its the same body with the same pierced hands ,feet and side . Yes a difference with his resurrected body as I mentioned earlier. Same body ( Jesus says " destroy THIS !! temple, and ILL raise IT up again in three days , this he spake of the temple of HIS body .John 2 19 ) but with a difference, not a different one .
That's what you believe. I understand. It's not what the Bible says.
You notice you are using a scripture from another part of the Bible, right? Why can you, and not me?

John1.12

Free gift
Who else would it be, but himself... in a new body - given to him by God.
There's the same pierced hands, feet and hole in his side man , lol , come on ,are you serious? Please tell me you don't believe the JW nonsense about God manifesting those marks for Thomas benefit lol ?

nPeace

Veteran Member
There's the same pierced hands, feet and hole in his side man , lol , come on ,are you serious? Please tell me you don't believe the JW nonsense about God manifesting those marks for Thomas benefit lol ?
What happened to the battered body?
The reason Jesus appeared to his followers, was to strengthen them.
He used many ways to prove he was risen, including manifesting a body that would convince the doubtful.

John1.12

Free gift
(Acts 2:24) . . .But God resurrected him by releasing him from the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held fast by it.

(Acts 3:15) whereas you killed the Chief Agent of life. But God raised him up from the dead, of which fact we are witnesses.

(Romans 4:24) but also for our sake, to whom it will be counted, because we believe in Him who raised Jesus our Lord up from the dead.

(1 Corinthians 6:14) But God raised up the Lord and will also raise us up out of death through his power.

(Colossians 2:12) For you were buried with him in his baptism, and by your relationship with him you were also raised up together through your faith in the powerful work of God, who raised him up from the dead.

(Hebrews 13:20) Now may the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great shepherd of the sheep, our Lord Jesus, with the blood of an everlasting covenant,
I never said Jesus raised himself ALONE . You think I never came across those verses ? Alone ,no . But he still raised his own body as he said he would.
19¶Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
What was that ? I !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will raise it up .
What's that ? ( it ) up .What's that ?

21¶But he spake of the temple of his!!!!!!!!! body.!!!!!!!!!

John1.12

Free gift
He used many ways to prove he was risen, including manifesting a body that would convince the doubtful.
lol oh dear . wow!! then no scripture can mean anything by what it SAYS .
//
He used many ways to prove he was risen, including manifesting a body that would convince the doubtful//
It does not SAY this anywhere . Thank you though for proving my point. I believe what the bible SAYS on Jesus resurrection ,not what the bible doesn't say .

nPeace

Veteran Member
Don't abuse the funny rating. It's against the rules of the Rf forums. Okay.

Seems you are not here to discuss what the Bible says, though.

The Bible says God raised Jesus. nowhere does it say, Jesus raised himself.
If you misunderstand what jesus said to the wicked Pharisees, it may be good reason for that.

nPeace

Veteran Member
lol oh dear . wow!! then no scripture can mean anything by what it SAYS .
//
He used many ways to prove he was risen, including manifesting a body that would convince the doubtful//
It does not SAY this anywhere . Thank you though for proving my point. I believe what the bible SAYS on Jesus resurrection ,not what the bible doesn't say .
You have not shown scripturally, what you believe. You make arguments yes, but no scripture supports those arguments.

John1.12

Free gift
That's what you believe. I understand. It's not what the Bible says.
You notice you are using a scripture from another part of the Bible, right? Why can you, and not me?
Because I'm using a verse specifically about Jesus, s resurrection. About HIS body ,HIS death .

nPeace

Veteran Member
Because I'm using a verse specifically about Jesus, s resurrection. About HIS body ,HIS death .
Cherry picking? Don't we do that when we want to ignore what goes against what we want to believe?
Isn't Paul talking about Jesus death, and resurrection?

John1.12

Free gift
Cherry picking? Don't we do that when we want to ignore what goes against what we want to believe?
Isn't Paul talking about Jesus death, and resurrection?
Jesus is literally telling them what's about to happen. That he will raise his body after 3 days .He's telling them the very thing we are discussing. In the same book ..About the same event . I'm not going off into a different book .

John1.12

Free gift
You have not shown scripturally, what you believe. You make arguments yes, but no scripture supports those arguments.
Yes I have shown that Jesus is saying its his same body. Different in certain ways but the same body he had when he died .,same holes, same scars . There is no verse that says the body was dissolved, hidden, made invisible, stolen, hired out for fancy dress or such nonsense.

John1.12

Free gift
q
Just remember you said this. Which no verse ever says such a thing ..Then I would ask where did you get this from? Because no where does the text say so .