• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JW's Preach A Different Gospel

InChrist

Free4ever
What does it mean, to 'abide in' ?
I believe the scriptures reveal that to abide in Christ means to live as a new creation in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17), old sinful desires have passed away and new Christ-like desires rule over the sinful nature because we are to reckon, or consider ourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God to God in Christ our Lord (Romans 6:11).So from my perspective that is what 'abide in' means... I (my sinful self) have died, but live a new life in Christ.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
I believe the scriptures reveal that to abide in Christ means to live as a new creation in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17), old sinful desires have passed away and new Christ-like desires rule over the sinful nature because we are to reckon, or consider ourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God to God in Christ our Lord (Romans 6:11).So from my perspective that is what 'abide in' means... I (my sinful self) have died, but live a new life in Christ.
I agree with you.

I may be wrong, but I believe that JW's teach that only the anointed, the 144,000 are "in Christ." Pegg can correct me if she feels the need.

JW's say the majority of the NT is written to the anointed only. If that is the case, the rank and file JW's are getting no spiritual blessings, including forgiveness of sins, (Eph. 1:7) because ALL spiritual blessings are "in Christ." (Eph. 1:3) When you ask a JW who Ephesians is written to, they will tell you it is written to the anointed only.

My point in writing all this is to say that one cannot abide in Christ if one is not "in Christ" to begin with.

JW's do not believe they are born again, and will not be until they physically die.

Oh what a tangled web they weave...

InChrist

Free4ever
I agree with you.

I may be wrong, but I believe that JW's teach that only the anointed, the 144,000 are "in Christ." Pegg can correct me if she feels the need.

JW's say the majority of the NT is written to the anointed only. If that is the case, the rank and file JW's are getting no spiritual blessings, including forgiveness of sins, (Eph. 1:7) because ALL spiritual blessings are "in Christ." (Eph. 1:3) When you ask a JW who Ephesians is written to, they will tell you it is written to the anointed only.

My point in writing all this is to say that one cannot abide in Christ if one is not "in Christ" to begin with.

JW's do not believe they are born again, and will not be until they physically die.

Oh what a tangled web they weave...
I think you are probably right about the JW teaching concerning the 144,000. Yes, it is a sad tangled web of deceit which attempts, as do all works oriented religions, to bring about righteousness from the outside by following eternal rules, in this case imposed by the Watchtower, all the while missing out on a direct relationship with Jesus Christ the only true mediator and the transformation He provides from the inside out as He lives within the believer....I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. Gal.2:20

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
Is anyone else experiencing problems with this website? It keeps freezing up on me for about ten seconds, then starts up again. I'm not having problems with anything other than this religious forums.

djhwoodwerks

Is anyone else experiencing problems with this website? It keeps freezing up on me for about ten seconds, then starts up again. I'm not having problems with anything other than this religious forums.

I've had issues for the past few days, even just getting to the site. Freezes, when I post a reply, it just sits in limbo, it acts like it's posting, but I have to close out my browser and restart it.

katiemygirl

CHRISTIAN
I've had issues for the past few days, even just getting to the site. Freezes, when I post a reply, it just sits in limbo, it acts like it's posting, but I have to close out my browser and restart it.
It's also making me repeatedly log in. I wonder how we can report technical difficulties?

djhwoodwerks

they must also do the work that Jesus did...they must become teachers of Gods word for example.

1Co 12:27-31 (ESVST) 27 Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it. 28 And God has appointed in the church first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, helping, administrating, and various kinds of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? 30 Do all possess gifts of healing? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret? 31 But earnestly desire the higher gifts.

djhwoodwerks

Notice the word "ORGANIZATION" appears 17,723 in WT literature, but not once in the Bible.

Organization.JPG
Organization 2.JPG

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
....and in an ORGANIZATION the sheep and the goats would be switching back and forth between species. It's true. Leave? Become a goat. Come back? Sheep again.

djhwoodwerks

....and in an ORGANIZATION the sheep and the goats would be switching back and forth between species. It's true. Leave? Become a goat. Come back? Sheep again.

It could be! That's how they perceive the "sons of men" in Genesis. The angels, before they rebelled, came to earth and had sex with women and then went back to heaven like nothing happened.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It could be! That's how they perceive the "sons of men" in Genesis. The angels, before they rebelled, came to earth and had sex with women and then went back to heaven like nothing happened.
JWs do not teach that the angels who did that went unpunished. I think they say they were confined after that in darkness and that their offpring were destroyed in the flood.
I saw proof that the governing body go beyond the things written. At a convention of JWs there was a live drama. The script showed the women who were raped proud that an angel had chosen them.

djhwoodwerks

JWs do not teach that the angels who did that went unpunished. I think they say they were confined after that in darkness and that their offpring were destroyed in the flood.
I saw proof that the governing body go beyond the things written. At a convention of JWs there was a live drama. The script showed the women who were raped proud that an angel had chosen them.

Really?

djhwoodwerks

The gospel preached by Jehovahs earthly organisation teaches those elementary foundational beliefs, but we also teach more meaty subjects like how Gods Kingdom will work, what it will accomplish and how we as christians can actively support that kingdom arrangement while still living in a world ruled by Satan the devil.

If the teachings of the JW's, there's no trinity, paradise earth, God's personal name, there's no hell, people "might" be counted worthy to live on earth, only 144,000 are going to heaven is what you consider "MEAT", then why do you approach people with it? Why do you preach "MEAT" door-to-door instead of "MILK"? Shouldn't you approach people with "MILK" first? You have no idea where someone stands with God and you're approaching them with meat. JW's start by out by throwing steak (by JW definition) at people. If the DB&R of Jesus is elementary, foundational beliefs, shouldn't that be what JW's approach people with and not paradise earth and Armageddon? JW's use the scare tactic to get people into their organization. They preach "FIRST" the evil in the world, how Armageddon is close and is going to be horrible, but think about paradise earth. Then when they're in the door, you preach "GOD"S ONLY CHANNEL" and that they must be part of the JW's organization to survive.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The character playing a woman who had sex with an angel was shown as happy and proud to be chosen. I said they showed "women" proud to be chosen, but it was only one character. I am sure she was meant to be representative of the other women chosen. It was a JW attempt to show the world as morally depraved. At the time I was shocked that they would invent that but they really did.

djhwoodwerks

they must become teachers of Gods word for example.

Mat 28:19 (ESVST) 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations,

(STRONG) g3101. μαθητής mathētēs; from 3129; a learner, i. e. pupil:— disciple. AV (269)- disciple 268, vr disciple 1; a learner, pupil, disciple

1Co 12:29 (ESVST) 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles?