• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JWs, please answer!

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
But - I can see that it still puzzles some.
I would suggest, barring your learning Hebrew and studying the original texts for many years, that you who are trying to harmonize Judaism and Christianity, try to study the original history of Christianity and the works of the early church fathers to understand how important it was to Christians that the Jews "were wrong."

Is this relevant? I was surprised the first time I heard someone 'bashing' the Old Testament, that was never an issue in my faith. People believe all manner of things, I would say, 'so what'? I' wouldn't ascribe to all Jews the viewpoints of some, I don't see why you would do so to Christians.

Moishe3rd

Yehudi
Is this relevant? I was surprised the first time I heard someone 'bashing' the Old Testament, that was never an issue in my faith. People believe all manner of things, I would say, 'so what'? I' wouldn't ascribe to all Jews the viewpoints of some, I don't see why you would do so to Christians.
I don't understand.
The intent of this thread appears to be to try and reconcile the old testament so that it verifies the new testament.
I was suggesting that people should study and find out if this is either necessary or, why Christians thought it was necessary in the first place.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I don't understand.
The intent of this thread appears to be to try and reconcile the old testament so that it verifies the new testament.
I was suggesting that people should study and find out if this is either necessary or, why Christians thought it was necessary in the first place.

Perhaps I misunderstood the intent of your comments then.
As to the OP, I actually think it is saying, your God since/from Egypt, (before the Promised Land), not an Egyptian Deity.

Redemptionsong

Pegg, If a believer has 'the witness in himself', then the witness is God's Holy Spirit. When was 'a witness' an impersonal force?
If, as JayJayDee suggests, an impersonal force is inspiring the human soul, then one would not expect there to be any prophecy, or knowledge that was not already residing in the spirit or soul of man. But by the very nature of the prophecies found in the Bible, one sees that it is God's Truth that is revealed, not man's limited and temporal knowledge.

The scriptures indicate that residing within the Holy Spirit is the Word of God. I know JWs translate John 1:1 differently, but the KJV translation provides a clear insight into the relationship between Holy Spirit and the Word.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God."
If you now think about your own words and your own spirit, can you not see the truth of this scripture? Your words reside in your spirit, and your spirit brings them forth. Are they not WITH you? Are they not YOURS?

There's an interesting passage in I Corinthians 14:23-25. 'If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad? But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all: And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.'
It is not human knowledge that makes the secrets of the human heart 'manifest'? It's the word of God that has that effect.