• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JW's Jesus is Archangel Michael?

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
They're only heresies according to JW's, which hold no weight for Christians. Jesus approved of the apostolic/talmidic teaching system used by the Church. You don't have it. And never will. You are the fathers Jesus spoke about.

I guess we will all have to wait and see, won't we? How confident are you? As confident as the Jews were about their position in Jesus' day?

If Jesus taught that the "good news of the kingdom" was to be preached "in all the inhabited earth as a witness" before "the end" was to come, (Matt 24:14) can you tell me how the Catholic Church is accomplishing this? Why do I never see Catholics preaching to anyone? If Jesus commanded that we "search" for the lost sheep....what kind of "searching" is going on in Catholicism?...or most of Christendom for that matter? (Matt 10:11-15)

They are good at large and imposing architecture and men in distinctive garments of "purple and scarlet" officiating as "priests" in the Christian age, but the Bible says that the Christian priesthood was to be in heaven, in the future. In John's revelation these ones were yet to be appointed as "kings and priests". (Rev 20:6) Paul said they were to "sleep in death" until Christ's return...then those "dead in Christ" would "rise first". (1 Thess 4:13-16)

There were no "priests" officiating in "temples" in first century Christianity. Everything Catholicism believes and practises is an addition.....their own addition to what Christ taught.

Where will I see any of the first Christians wearing black robes with crucifixes or back to front collars to distinguish themselves from their "brothers" in Christ?

It is of interest to note that "Babylon the great" is pictured as a harlot, fornicating (spiritually) with the kings of the earth....and decked out in "purple and scarlet". (Rev 17:1-6)

And I don't think parading idols through the streets is something Christ advocated either...do you?

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Confident enough to know that you will have no eternal life unless you proclaim that Jesus is true God and true man.
Please tell us why. Why must we need to know God's nature to be approved by God? I can ask the same of the Jehovah's Witnesses. Why must we need to know that Jesus is Michael?

Wharton

What to say? LOL Troll?
What to say? Remember that famous line in Blazing Saddles from the preacher to the sheriff?

They're appropriate to you: "Son, you're on your own."

You sink or swim on your interpretation of the scriptures. And that's not the way Jesus intended it.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What to say? Remember that famous line in Blazing Saddles from the preacher to the sheriff?

They're appropriate to you: "Son, you're on your own."

You sink or swim on your interpretation of the scriptures.
OK. I do not doubt it.

And that's not the way Jesus intended it.
Are you saying you know what Jesus intended?