• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Justice or Grace

InChrist

Free4ever
I think the scriptures indicate
two choices and two outcomes for each person; either justice or grace. Receiving justice for our own sin and law- breaking or receiving the gift of grace and mercy offered through Christ.

Share your thoughts.

Batya

Always Forward
I think the scriptures indicate
two choices and two outcomes for each person; either justice or grace. Receiving justice for our own sin and law- breaking or receiving the gift of grace and mercy offered through Christ.

Share your thoughts.

I think that to look at it as strictly an either-or dichotomy is not completely correct. It is both: there has always been grace and there has always been justice, and there always will be because God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. God is merciful and therefore gives us grace, He is holy and therefore there must be justice, but the two are not mutually exclusive, though it may appear so at times.

Tzephanyahu

Justice & Mercy

There’s a Standard of Justice our Creator has made,
But we all fall short of it, to some degree every day.
These violations stack quickly and are never resolved,
Until Judgment Day comes and we’ll pay with our soul.
But there’s a Gift of Mercy our Creator has planned,
He’ll write-off your violations before you take the stand,
His Son will pay your judgment so that Justice is sated,
And so that you may return to the Standard He created.

~Poet of Ephraim

InChrist

Free4ever
I think that to look at it as strictly an either-or dichotomy is not completely correct. It is both: there has always been grace and there has always been justice, and there always will be because God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. God is merciful and therefore gives us grace, He is holy and therefore there must be justice, but the two are not mutually exclusive, though it may appear so at times.
Thanks for your thoughts. I agree there has always been justice and grace, but it does seem that according to the scriptures there will come a point when one leaves this temporal world and enters eternity that the two become mutually exclusive.

InChrist

Free4ever
Justice & Mercy

There’s a Standard of Justice our Creator has made,
But we all fall short of it, to some degree every day.
These violations stack quickly and are never resolved,
Until Judgment Day comes and we’ll pay with our soul.
But there’s a Gift of Mercy our Creator has planned,
He’ll write-off your violations before you take the stand,
His Son will pay your judgment so that Justice is sated,
And so that you may return to the Standard He created.

~Poet of Ephraim
Thank you for sharing the poem.
Do you think every person’s violations will be written off at the judgment even when a person rejects the payment made by the Son?

Tzephanyahu

Do you think every person’s violations will be written off at the judgment even when a person rejects the payment made by the Son?

Hi @InChrist

No, those who reject the Son have rejected the Father and so the Father rejects them. But to take the matter further, not everyone who accepts the Son will be accepted either...

Scripture talks of a minority of the faithful being taken to be with the Father, not every believer. There are many professing Christians out there that do not walk in truth or in the Father’s ways. These people will be shocked on judgement day. They will be saved, yes, but not allowed into the Kingdom of New Jerusalem - which is for the elect.

So, if even some Christians are in jeopardy on judgement day, how much more those who have rejected the Son outright?

That's how I understand the Scriptures anyway.

Peace.