• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Justice Kennedy retiring

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm thinking it's time to immigrate: this country isn't supporting the values it was founded on.
*emigrate

Bad news for end runs on the constitution. Trump gets to set the court as conservative to constitutionality for at least the next decade.

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
Premium Member
We knew it would be coming. But the nearness of the reality is not a great feeling.

Knowing what the replacement will look like and the changes which it will entail I should add.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
RIP. democracy. Welcome to the oligarchy unleashed.

This is not good news even for the common people who are cheering it today.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Roe v Wade was nice while it lasted.
I am not so sure of that. And I would rather have Trump in office for that purpose than Pence. Trump from his own vested interest might be pro-choice deep down inside. Think how many Trump-ettes there might be wandering around if not for Roe v Wade. Trump never took his wedding vows too seriously.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Emigration is not an option for a lot of people, though. Money, family ties, etc.

True enough. My wife and I have some of these issues (as well as being old enough that getting a new job in another country might be difficult). But given the direction things are going, it may just be better to cut and run.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We have potential sponsors in both Canada and NZ......now to find a job.
You won't leave.
An odd cosmic event created a wormhole to the future (& your wallet).
I see on your license that 10 years from now, you'll still be here.
And by another bizarre coincidence, I took $10.

Shaul

Premium Member
Should Roe vs. Wade ever be overturned there is a simple remedy, pass legislation that fulfills its intent. That way any “right” to abortion isn’t captive to the Supreme Court’s membership and more importantly Supreme Court membership isn’t under a political litmus test.

Legislation should be done by Congress, not a court. Nor should legislators take cover from important issues been abdicating their duties to a court. If abortion is to be the law of the land, pass the legislation. If the legislation can’t be passed, than that shows where the problem really is.