• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

@JustGeorge!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Hey, when you're hungry, you're hungry.

Dominos is pretty good. I appreciate their deals. Its actually cheaper here to order Dominos for the family than it is to buy frozen pizzas... They have a good variety of toppings as well.

I lost a bet to an online friend in NC once. The deal stated one pizza... he thought I was joking, but I called his local Dominos and used a debit card to pay for it... he was shocked when a pizza delivery guy showed up in the middle of the night. Happy, but surprised.

Did he notice? :D

There's a place for everything. It is often in the small things that one finds beauty, and though we take the ordinary for granted, its what makes the world go 'round.

That one reminds me of a story coming out of a book...

I don't think the customer noticed "Douche" on the little sticker on his pizza package. I don't know if people usually read those. The boss noticed it on the computer screen while he was making the pizza, and he loudly said "DOUCHE???"

Then he laughed and moved to a different computer to find out who took the order, and it was me. I got in trouble. :p

"It is often in the small things that one finds beauty, and though we take the ordinary for granted, its what makes the world go 'round."

That must be a quote from a genius Saint I'm sure! :)

Oh my goodness George!

I just noticed your avatar.

"Nothing on top
but a bucket and a mop
and an illustrated book about birds".

You were thinking Nirvana right? :D

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think the customer noticed "Douche" on the little sticker on his pizza package. I don't know if people usually read those. The boss noticed it on the computer screen while he was making the pizza, and he loudly said "DOUCHE???"

Then he laughed and moved to a different computer to find out who took the order, and it was me. I got in trouble. :p

Hahaha, was it worth getting in trouble for? (I think it would have been...)

Oh my goodness George!

I just noticed your avatar.

"Nothing on top
but a bucket and a mop
and an illustrated book about birds".

You were thinking Nirvana right? :D

....you noticed! You were the first one to get it!!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Hahaha, was it worth getting in trouble for? (I think it would have been...)

....you noticed! You were the first one to get it!!

I wasn't in huge trouble. It was worth it. :D

That is so cool I am the first to mention the interpretation of your avatar.

I will remember George on October 6 when my nine nights of prayer to George....I mean Durga. ;)....begins.

....sorry, I get you and Durga confused sometimes. I could see you evolving into a Durga some day a hundred years from now.
durga-warrior-goddess-nicholas-hodgson.jpg

We will be friends a hundred years from now I hope, in heaven.:holdinghands:

I know you believe in reincarnation, but your spirit can live in heaven even after you reincarnate too, kind of like Jesus and the Holy Spirit Paraclete are different , but the same person.

We will meet and you shall be deified I pray. Even if it's against your will :p.

You have the mother Goddess in you. :heart::zap:
unnamed (12).jpg

Why can't other women be like George?? :(

Sorry if it seems like flattery, but I mean it sincerely.

Flattery isn't from the heart.

Take care Mother Goddess. She lives within you. ;)

I'll shut up before your husband kicks my ***! :p Give your hubby a smooch for me!

...what?:glomp2:

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I wasn't in huge trouble. It was worth it. :D

Sometimes trouble can be.... if it makes someone laugh, why not?

I will remember George on October 6 when my nine nights of prayer to George....I mean Durga. ;)....begins.

....sorry, I get you and Durga confused sometimes. I could see you evolving into a Durga some day a hundred years from now.View attachment 55981

I can't see that, even in 100 years. She still accomplishes way more than I... I had to call on her twice today; once to aid my husband in quelling some of his wants that seem to be ever growing and making him unhappy, and once to aid an injured squirrel. I can't do either of these things on my own yet; I've a long way to go.

I'm looking forward to Navaratri; I'm starting to plan out the big fast and prepare the altars.

I know you believe in reincarnation, but your spirit can live in heaven even after you reincarnate too, kind of like Jesus and the Holy Spirit Paraclete are different , but the same person.

I'm not sure I could handle being in two places at once! That sounds like double the work!

We will meet and you shall be deified I pray. Even if it's against your will :p.

You have the mother Goddess in you. :heart::zap:
View attachment 55980

Nope, nope! No deifying of me! I've already got enough on my plate. Besides, it seems that to be deified, one must go through a grisly struggle, and I've already done that, and came out on top. See? My avatar proves that. I fought death off with an old electric guitar...

Why can't other women be like George?? :(

Sorry if it seems like flattery, but I mean it sincerely.

Flattery isn't from the heart.

Because we'd drive the world nuts. I can be exasperating, you know. Ask my family and friends.

Yes, flattery is not from the heart. I like that. I have a person I am often forced to be around, and she flatters me all the time, and I hate it. I think this is exactly why it bothers me; its not from the heart.

Give your hubby a smooch for me!

...what?:glomp2:

Are you hitting on my husband??:eek: You know, I'll have to kick your butt for that. I paid a lot of money for him; you'll have to buy your own!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Sometimes trouble can be.... if it makes someone laugh, why not?

I can't see that, even in 100 years. She still accomplishes way more than I... I had to call on her twice today; once to aid my husband in quelling some of his wants that seem to be ever growing and making him unhappy, and once to aid an injured squirrel. I can't do either of these things on my own yet; I've a long way to go.

I'm looking forward to Navaratri; I'm starting to plan out the big fast and prepare the altars.

I'm not sure I could handle being in two places at once! That sounds like double the work!

Nope, nope! No deifying of me! I've already got enough on my plate. Besides, it seems that to be deified, one must go through a grisly struggle, and I've already done that, and came out on top. See? My avatar proves that. I fought death off with an old electric guitar...

Because we'd drive the world nuts. I can be exasperating, you know. Ask my family and friends.

Yes, flattery is not from the heart. I like that. I have a person I am often forced to be around, and she flatters me all the time, and I hate it. I think this is exactly why it bothers me; its not from the heart.

Are you hitting on my husband??:eek: You know, I'll have to kick your butt for that. I paid a lot of money for him; you'll have to buy your own!

Happy Navratari tommorow.

For those who don't know:
Navratri, a nine night-long celebration of the Divine Feminine, occurs every year on the New Moon in the Vedic month of Ashwin (usually our September, but not always) near the autumnal equinox. Worship of the Goddesses Durga, Lakshmi and Saraswati occur for three nights each.

I love "The Divine Feminine".

It took me a while to respond to your post cuz I got busy with other posts and forgot, we still have to fight over your husband! :D I can't afford my own. :(

So, did he cost a lot of money?

Can I call you "Snow White"? :p You are one woman who lives with so many men! (Oh wait, we already have a forum member named @Snow White :smiley: )

How many altars do you have? Can you share a picture of one of them?

Your family and friends find you exasperating? More women like George would drive the world nuts? I would find it a breath of fresh air. You would be surprised how many women are shallow-minded?

(No , you wouldn't) ;)

The name George means "earthworker". Are you an "earthworker".?

Two questions
What is the messiest room you have ever seen, and where is the smelliest place you have ever been, and what is a talent you have that has been completely useless in your life? (Wait, that was three questions).

Also,
Probably all of my talents have been rather useless in the sense that I've been a bum all my life! :(

Have a good evening, night, sweet dreams, and good morning! :)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Your avatar is interesting, because speaking of smelly places, I used the restroom of Saint Olafs today where lots of bums hang out. It was one of the worst smells ever, because it wasn't just feces, but he had moldy clothes and socks in the sink and beyond. the whole room smelled just terrible.

BTW, one of your husbands sounds like he was quite worthless. Sorry. I don't know him, but the way you described him he just sounds completely laughable. We have to love and pity such people. Even if we don't like them or want anything to do with them.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I love "The Divine Feminine".

It took me a while to respond to your post cuz I got busy with other posts and forgot, we still have to fight over your husband! :D I can't afford my own. :(

So, did he cost a lot of money?

Husbands can be expensive.... he cost me thousands.

Before I met him, I'd dated someone else that lived in another part of the country. I thought I was going to move to his state, and we were going to live together. Well, that was the plan. When I had saved up all the money I needed to move wisely, he got cold feet and dumped me. Besides being devastated, I had what (to me) was a lot of money lying around. I didn't really care about it, though, and my standard of living wasn't high, so it just sat there collecting dust.

When we first married(I knew my husband two months when I married him), him, his brother, and my roommate drained that stack of cash in a month. It was mostly him, though, which is why I say he's expensive. He says he's paid me back by now. This is likely true. I wasn't keeping track, anyways, but I say it to be funny.

Can I call you "Snow White"? :p You are one woman who lives with so many men! (Oh wait, we already have a forum member named @Snow White :smiley: )

Most of my cats are boys, too! However, my dogs are a bunch of *****es. But, I don't think @Snow White wants me to take her name. :)

How many altars do you have? Can you share a picture of one of them?

I will show you my Navaratri altars as soon as I can! I just have an old flip phone, and it doesn't take pictures well. I'll get my husband or oldest son to take pictures, and find a way to get it on my computer somehow. The three altars are in the living room all year, but we tend to use them during Navaratri.

We've got a puja room, which has a wall devoted to Shiva and his family, a wall for Vishnu, and a wall for Devi. The fourth wall is a big bay window. We've got another 'temple room', but its full of stuff from the never ending home construction right now. That's where my Ares altar is. There's a few altars that aren't currently up because of the construction.

Your family and friends find you exasperating? More women like George would drive the world nuts? I would find it a breath of fresh air. You would be surprised how many women are shallow-minded?

I can be very stubborn. I do what makes sense to me, and am not really one to go along to get along. I'm also quite eccentric, and I don't really try to hide that.

The name George means "earthworker". Are you an "earthworker".?

I don't know! What's an earthworker, exactly?

Two questions
What is the messiest room you have ever seen,

That's a hard one. Maybe my ex's bedroom? I learned that the decomposition of bologna has four stages... I think that also qualified as the smelliest. I don't understand how I lived in those conditions for so long, and I'm not exactly a picky person. That place was just bad.

That room was appalling.

How about you? What's the worst you've seen?

, and what is a talent you have that has been completely useless in your life? (Wait, that was three questions).

I got good grades in school. It never got me a thing.

Probably all of my talents have been rather useless in the sense that I've been a bum all my life! :(

I would think being a bum would require a lot of talent! My husband was a bum when I met him. I've had lots of friends that were bums, too. It seems like a lifestyle that would require skills, even if they're different than the ones people would use in a more conventional setting.

Your avatar is interesting, because speaking of smelly places, I used the restroom of Saint Olafs today where lots of bums hang out. It was one of the worst smells ever, because it wasn't just feces, but he had moldy clothes and socks in the sink and beyond. the whole room smelled just terrible.

Take some febreeze next time! Just spray everything down...

BTW, one of your husbands sounds like he was quite worthless. Sorry. I don't know him, but the way you described him he just sounds completely laughable. We have to love and pity such people. Even if we don't like them or want anything to do with them.

I've only been married once, and that's to my current husband. My oldest son's father and I never married; he wouldn't marry me because I refused to wear a white dress or get married in a church. I think its very fortunate we never did marry.

He's actually my friend now. I don't hate him for the stuff he did to me. He was mentally ill and immature and didn't know any stinking better. In the long run, he suffered more than I.

Are you ready for Navaratri tomorrow?