• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just wondering ...

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I love easy questions! Being unhappy makes you judgmental. If you're truly happy, you don't have to find fault with others to build your own self-esteem and contentment.

Glad you think it was easy I suppose ... I still see it as a chicken-and-the-egg type of question.

Cheers!

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
why-not-both-animated-gif-7.gif

I can see it easily becoming a self perpetuating cycle with either as the beginning.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Sometimes, people can be extraordinarily judgmental and closed-minded to anyone different or special, which is why it's so hard for young people in this day and age to be comfortable enough in their own skin to not listen to the people picking on them."

Judgmental Quotes - BrainyQuote

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Judging others will avail you nothing and injure you spiritually. Only if you can inspire others to judge themselves will anything worthwhile have been accomplished. When you approach others in judgment they will be on the defensive. When you are able to approach them in a kindly, loving manner without judgment they will tend to judge themselves and be transformed."

~ Peace Pilgrim

quotes, quotations and passages on Judgment, an obstacle to living life fully

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I guess I am off a similar opinion - the big question is what to do about it to help them break the habit ... that can't be an enjoyable experience ...
One of my many weaknesses is being judgemental from time-to-time. So I need to break my own habit before I can help others.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
One of my many weaknesses is being judgemental from time-to-time. So I need to break my own habit before I can help others.

Same here - though I don't indulge anywhere near as much as I used to!

Here's to all of us breaking baaaad habits.

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac

I must confess I am surprised.

I have read a lot of your posts and you don't strike me as being terribly judgemental.

You hide it well!

:)