• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just thought i share

4consideration

Premium Member
Yes, it is a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing it.

It takes a lot of guts and strength to remain kind and loving in an often cruel world.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Nice.

I read the comment. It says "was this staged"? Like a movie? Like what? The whole riot?

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I guess we're doing better in central Israel than in Michigan. Considering that we had several demonstrations of Arab students where flags of Hezballah were noticeable, on a campus packed with Israeli veterans (about the time the organization bombed populated civilian areas with rockets), no one gave them a significant amount of attention. Apparently it works better.

I get that what the girl did was the right and rational action. I just don't see why it should generate such a media credit. The bottom line is that a mob tried to lynch a man (yeah even if he had an SS tattoo, and OH NO- a confederate symbol on his shirt), I would hope there would be more people from the crowd who would restraint or outright stop the beatings from happening than one girl. She did right, what about the bigger picture?

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I get that what the girl did was the right and rational action. I just don't see why it should generate such a media credit. The bottom line is that a mob tried to lynch a man (yeah even if he had an SS tattoo, and OH NO- a confederate symbol on his shirt), I would hope there would be more people from the crowd who would restraint or outright stop the beatings from happening than one girl. She did right, what about the bigger picture?

I think the point you're making is actually exactly what the story is supposed to inspire. That more people, much more, should do the same. But that fact is also why the story is so inspiring and touching (and so getting such attention).

Though this might seem to kind of go against the power of the story, you can actually see some others helping more mildly, at least as it seems to me. One guy was helping her up, and others were seemingly telling some angry dudes to stop.

There was probably more than person there who felt against what was going on, and probably a few who did something, but what's powerful about the story is how strongly this particular girl felt about the issue in the middle of such general anger, and how she shouldn't be alone in that.