• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just spotted this....Hot topic

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Try to imagine this....you take an ice sculpture, you place that ice sculpture in a bowl. The bowl has 1cm of water inside. Are you really trying to claim that after the ice sculpture melts you will still have 1cm of water?!?

Try to understand what is being said. That the ice is not completely submerged and that the ice is not floating DOES matter

This bowl has more than 1 cm of water, the ice is also water frozen. But even above that the frozen sculpture pushes the water level as high as is can when you place it in the bowl. The melting ice will not raise it any higher.

No, the concept was to immerse more of yourself. But try it. Stand in a tub of water, now sit down. What happens. This is because your body outside the water is not displacing any water because it is being supported by your feet which are in turn supported by the bottom of the tub. Once you put more of your body that was not displacing the water in the tub then that part of your body is now displacing water.

Sea ice has neither feet nor legs, it's dead weight.

Then what do you say to villages who's crops are threatened by sea water from rising sea levels? What of places that are already flooding, as we speak? What do you say to those who see their communities are going to have to evacuate within a few years?

Please show me one incident in this entire world where any harm of any land, vegetation, and/or sentient being can be proven without a doubt to be directly attributed to any GW/CC occurrence. If there were such an instance you CC apologists type would have 24/7 coverage on the NatGeo Channel.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I was thinking a glass of with a liquid where the ice isn't totally submerged, such as with people who like lots of ice or the mountain of ice most fast food places put in their drinks.

Try this experiment, I dare you. Pack a glass as full of ice as you want. Now fill the glass to brim with water. Set the glass in a corner and let the ice melt. Come back later and see how much water is on the counter.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Try this experiment, I dare you. Pack a glass as full of ice as you want. Now fill the glass to brim with water. Set the glass in a corner and let the ice melt. Come back later and see how much water is on the counter.
In that case the ice is already submerged and has displaced as much water as it's going to.
As someone else (can't recall who) told you to try, go stand in a bath tub with water, and mark where the water level is. Then sit in the tub. Mark where the water is.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Please show me one incident in this entire world where any harm of any land, vegetation, and/or sentient being can be proven without a doubt to be directly attributed to any GW/CC occurrence. If there were such an instance you CC apologists type would have 24/7 coverage on the NatGeo Channel.
Enjoy your crow, or foot, whichever you prefer:
Against the Tide

I-Kiribati now live with the reality of marawa rising. This is the time of bibitakin kanoan boong—“change in weather over many days”—the Kiribati phrase for climate change. The people live with the fear and uncertainty of those words.
The sea is becoming an unwelcome intruder, eroding the shoreline and infiltrating soils, turning wells brackish and killing crops and trees. Atolls like Tarawa rely for their fertility on a lens of freshwater, replenished by rain, which floats on a saltwater aquifer. As the sea level rises—a few millimeters a year at the moment but likely to accelerate—so does the level of salt water underground, shrinking the freshwater sweet spot.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Then what do you say to villages who's crops are threatened by sea water from rising sea levels? What of places that are already flooding, as we speak? What do you say to those who see their communities are going to have to evacuate within a few years?
and the Sahara increases by a mile every year
some places have been buried and no one can live there
( i have seen photos)

Curious George

Veteran Member
This bowl has more than 1 cm of water, the ice is also water frozen. But even above that the frozen sculpture pushes the water level as high as is can when you place it in the bowl. The melting ice will not raise it any higher.

Are you intentionally not understanding or am I communicating poorly? If the ice is resting against the bottom and still above water, the ice that is above water is not displacing any water. We are discussing water level, therefore liquid H2O is being referred to as water, while solid H2O is being referred to as ice.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
when I was soooooo much younger ....

We could almost count on a white Christmas.
and yeah....it was cold

but nowadays....
the radical swing of wind blows the deep cold down into the central portion of America
and then a wind change will send the temps up 60degrees
all in on week
it's more a dump of ice than anything else

it's the radical shift in wind that shows global warming

our weather will be sooooooo much more....unpredictable