• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just spotted this....Hot topic

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
You're equivocating. There is absolutely zero-that's zero with a "z"-proof that any harm on this earth has been caused by any form of "climate change" or "global warming". If there were, we would not be having this conversation. BTW, the only "melting ice" that could possibly effect the sea levels would have to be ice on a land mass. Ice in the Arctic, for the most part is already in the water. Every bit of this ice could melt and it would not raise the sea level at all.

You need to look up words like "equivocating" before you use them.

You also don't appear to read your fellow posters posts carefully.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Global warming is real.
Why today in normally cold for this time of year N.E. Ohio it's
already a balmy 18 degrees and snowing.
Oh! That IS normal for frozen N.E. Ohio for this time of mid winter ain't it?
Heck man, I'm dressing in shorts and T shirt and going fishing.
I need chop a really big hole in the thick ice to launch my boat first.
Not to worry it's a small boat.:rolleyes:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, forget the boat. I'll chop a small hole to drop a line
into.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, forget the fishing. Baits all frozen.
I'm sure glad that global warming thing is true.:D

Why does one example of hearsay refute scientific data recorded over several years? Any reason?

Altfish

Veteran Member
But even if this were totally factual you cannot show one shred of evidence that ties it to any climatic change whatsoever.
I notice that you have totally ignored the evidence that I have produced in two posts now. No rebuttal, nothing.
Talk about ostrich behaviour !!

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Lumping nothing. This guy is known for his misinformation. If he has a valid point over something as important as this, then show us the money..just sayin'.
there are many scientists and researchers in the background
jabbing at the front man won't work

How about Al Gore?
He narrates....An Inconvenient Truth
you think makes up the report with his own spoken word?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You're equivocating. There is absolutely zero-that's zero with a "z"-proof that any harm on this earth has been caused by any form of "climate change" or "global warming". If there were, we would not be having this conversation. BTW, the only "melting ice" that could possibly effect the sea levels would have to be ice on a land mass. Ice in the Arctic, for the most part is already in the water. Every bit of this ice could melt and it would not raise the sea level at all.
and the glaciers are not disappearing?

Curious George

Veteran Member
LOL ice is less dense than water, put ice in a glass of water, let it melt, see if the water level rises.... land mass? Nope.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
LOL ice is less dense than water, put ice in a glass of water, let it melt, see if the water level rises.... land mass? Nope.

It will not! Here's a simple experiment you can do at home. Fill a glass with ice. Now pour water into the glass up to the brim. Go away and let the ice melt. The water level will remain the same. It's called displacement and unlike the CC/GW hysteria it's based on provable science.

Curious George

Veteran Member
It will not! Here's a simple experiment you can do at home. Fill a glass with ice. Now pour water into the glass up to the brim. Go away and let the ice melt. The water level will remain the same. It's called displacement and unlike the CC/GW hysteria it's based on provable science.
Only if the ice is not touching the bottom. Fill the glass with ice, then put water to the brim. Try it.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
Global warming is real.
Why today in normally cold for this time of year N.E. Ohio it's
already a balmy 18 degrees and snowing.
Oh! That IS normal for frozen N.E. Ohio for this time of mid winter ain't it?
Heck man, I'm dressing in shorts and T shirt and going fishing.
I need chop a really big hole in the thick ice to launch my boat first.
Not to worry it's a small boat.:rolleyes:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, forget the boat. I'll chop a small hole to drop a line
into.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, forget the fishing. Baits all frozen.
I'm sure glad that global warming thing is true.:D

Yes, it's clear that runaway global warming doom is already upon us- who can deny it?

we are a little luckier up here in northern Michigan, where it was still a tolerably mild one degree fahrenheit this morning, 18F must be almost insufferably hot! I'll bet your nose hairs arn't even freezing anymore!

Add that to a terrifying 3 millimeter annual rise in sea levels- That may not sound like very much, but if I were an ant, standing on the edge of the water for a year, without moving, my knees would be quite wet by now. Aaarghh!

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate

You can't argue with a global warmer based on science, they have no interest in it. They are interested in the 'solutions' not the problem-

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
I can't tell if there are some deniers in this thread. If so, I'd ask you to look at what's happening in places like the Kiribati islands and the Solomon Islands. They are being submerged!

there was a mile of solid ice above my head just a few thousand years ago. Glaciers and ice caps have been melting for 19000 years, pray that never stops / reverses in our lifetimes, or we'll have some real problems to worry about!

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
Yes, but the rate of change is now dramatically different:

xkcd: Earth Temperature Timeline

I would hardly call the deceleration in sea level rise- dramatic- but if you say so!

sea_level_rise_since_1992.png

The record increases in Antarctic sea ice extent are a little more dramatic

799e1ae0-78c9-494a-81df-eecd6d72ac55-620x472.png

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
Do you think there is a correlation between glaciers melting and sea levels increasing? Not everyone does!

Glaciers yes, they' ve been melting for thousands of years along with sea level rise, and without a single SUV

sea ice no- it already displaces the same mass of water when it floats... and I have some direct experience of glasses with water and ice in them (and maybe some other chemicals!)

icehorse

Premium Member
Glaciers yes, they' ve been melting for thousands of years along with sea level rise, and without a single SUV

sea ice no- it already displaces the same mass of water when it floats... and I have some direct experience of glasses with water and ice in them (and maybe some other chemicals!)

So why do you think islands are becoming submerged?

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
So why do you think islands are becoming submerged?

because the sea level is still rising as it has since records began and for thousands of years- the south pacific islands were colonized thousands of years ago and people have had to abandon many islands-
especially tiny atolls that were barely above the surface when they found them

There are a couple of tiny nations that want to blame this on people so they can get - guess what- lots of free money.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Only if the ice is not touching the bottom. Fill the glass with ice, then put water to the brim. Try it.

Doesn't matter where or how much ice is in the glass, the ice displaces any water added to the glass. This is the problem with many "climate changers". They want the information to match their beliefs, not the other way around.

icehorse

Premium Member
Doesn't matter where or how much ice is in the glass, the ice displaces any water added to the glass. This is the problem with many "climate changers". They want the information to match their beliefs, not the other way around.

Part of me thinks you're gaslighting here. I very clearly said I was talking about ice "above sea level". In other words, NOT the submerged ice... wow!

Curious George

Veteran Member
The submerged ice displaces water, not the ice that is not submerged if the ice is resting on the bottom.

If the ice is floating, ice that is not submerged will not increase the level. If the ice is not floating and is not submerged it will increase the level when it melts.