• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just random poems.

Comicaze247

See the previous line
WARNING: This is free verse. I know a lot of people don't like it, but I don't think I'm skilled enough to make meaningful rhymes yet, haha.

Bars of things unsaid,
Walls of false truths,
Shackles of guilt,
Surround me,
Make me cold,
Blind.

This prison,
My cage,
My creation.

S-word

WARNING: This is free verse. I know a lot of people don't like it, but I don't think I'm skilled enough to make meaningful rhymes yet, haha.
Bars of things unsaid,
Walls of false truths,
Shackles of guilt,
Surround me,
Make me cold,
Blind.

This prison,
My cage,
My creation.

Behind bars that were created --- by words I could not speak
Through walls of truth that falsehood cracked --- my words unspoken leak
Shackled to this earthly frame, by guilt I can’t express
In blinding darkness I am held in the cold embrace of death
This prison I created, with bars of words unsaid
With walls that break and form into, the sarcophagus of the dead..........By Comicaze247 & S-word.

Last edited:

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Comicaze, sometimes free-verse is the best way to put a thought or feeling into words. Perhaps it is the thought itself that is loose and free, and a more rigid form would change its meaning.

Your poem is pretty stark. I do like the first line with its usage of "bars". On my first reading I was thinking of music-- a bar of music--, as in you have volumes of things unsaid. And of course there is the more obvious reading of bars, as a part of a prison. Double meanings are one of the beauties of poetry, as they allow reader to interpret and find meaning for him or herself, in a way the author never intended, nor perhaps, needed.

S-word, your reworking of the poem was rather nicely done. I must admit... I am a bit of a fan of free-verse myself, so I was skeptical that the tone could remain the same, and yet you did very well. The rhymes aren't so cloyingly cliche as well, which is a must for me to enjoy poetry. That last line is vividly descriptive... I like it... though I do wonder whether Comicaze had death particularly in mind when he was writing the original. i did not get a particularly "deadly" vibe, though I could see where it could be inferred with the words like "cold" and "blind".

Last edited:

S-word

Comicaze, sometimes free-verse is the best way to put a thought or feeling into words. Perhaps it is the thought itself that is loose and free, and a more rigid form would change its meaning.
Your poem is pretty stark. I do like the first line with its usage of "bars". On my first reading I was thinking of music-- a bar of music--, as in you have volumes of things unsaid. And of course there is the more obvious reading of bars, as a part of a prison. Double meanings are one of the beauties of poetry, as they allow reader to interpret and find meaning for him or herself, in a way the author never intended, nor perhaps, needed.

S-word, your reworking of the poem was rather nicely done. I must admit... I am a bit of a fan of free-verse myself, so I was skeptical that the tone could remain the same, and yet you did very well. The rhymes aren't so cloyingly cliche as well, which is a must for me to enjoy poetry. That last line is vividly descriptive... I like it... though I do wonder whether Comicaze had death particularly in mind when he was writing the original. i did not get a particularly "deadly" vibe, though I could see where it could be inferred with the words like "cold" and "blind".

Thanks for the compliment Falvlun, the hardest part is finding something inspiring, and these words are from the spirit of Comicaze, behind the barred walls of the cold dark prison of his own creation by words unsaid, he gave to me a feeling of finality, as if the time to speak the unspoken words had passed, which seems to be a good lesson for all; don't wait until it is too late to say the words that should be said today.

Last edited: