• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just Putting Things in Perspective....

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

When we consider the world that we live in and how we compare sizes of things to what we see on our own planet, then to compare the smallest thing we know with the biggest thing, I find my mind has difficulty processing this information.

From microscopic to enormous on earth is one thing....but to then go from "small" to "gargantuan" in the universe outside our world.....just mind boggling! :confused:

Can these heavenly bodies just come from nowhere?

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
The better question is that with such a massive abundance of creation, do any gods that might be really care how people on one tiny dust-speck behave?

Mindmaster

Premium Member
The better question is that with such a massive abundance of creation, do any gods that might be really care how people on one tiny dust-speck behave?

Or, maybe they do care exactly how every single speck of dust behaves or it wouldn't be there. :D

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member

When we consider the world that we live in and how we compare sizes of things to what we see on our own planet, then to compare the smallest thing we know with the biggest thing, I find my mind has difficulty processing this information.

From microscopic to enormous on earth is one thing....but to then go from "small" to "gargantuan" in the universe outside our world.....just mind boggling! :confused:

Here’s a site you’ll like:

The Size Of Our World

EDIT: Ok, I posted this website before I saw your video.... You win!

Awesome!!!

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Just think every huge object out there could be broken back down into microscopic particles and then reform back in the humongous gigantic things that blows our mind.

Looking at the universe I don't think I need the Paranormal or Supernatural. Things are freaky enough as they are!

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

The universe is eternal and infinite. Only thing it does is change from one form to another.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

When we consider the detail in micro-life on this planet, considering we can barely see many of them with the naked eye, why wouldn't the Creator care about how 'people' behave on this tiny speck in the Universe? We are made in his image, which means he created us to reflect his qualities. Having moral capacity means that we need to exercise it, otherwise why do we have it? None of the other lifeforms we share this planet with is anything like us because none of them have the personal qualities and reasoning abilities that we do. There is abundant life here, a good portion of which we never see.

images
images
images

images
images
images

There are some amazing looking creatures under a microscope.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
The universe is eternal and infinite. Only thing it does is change from one form to another.
Are we speaking about molecular change or some force that constantly alters things here and 'out there'? What is the force behind the change do you think?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
None of the other lifeforms we share this planet with is anything like us because none of them have the personal qualities and reasoning abilities that we do.
Some of them do. It's nothing more than human arrogance that demands we be in a category of our own and separate from other animals, and hubris that has long denied other animals are self aware, display intelligence and emotion, have personalities, and can reason. Some other animals, such as dolphins, dogs, elephants, and some other ape species are actually rather intelligent.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I don't know. Ask someone who's willing to feign knowledge where none as of now exists.

Awwww hazard a guess Shadow Wolf...we all have our theories on the nature of things. Is "I dunno" really all you have?

Without a Creator, how do you explain any of it? :shrug:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Some of them do. It's nothing more than human arrogance that demands we be in a category of our own and separate from other animals, and hubris that has long denied other animals are self aware, display intelligence and emotion, have personalities, and can reason. Some other animals, such as dolphins, dogs, elephants, and some other ape species are actually rather intelligent.

Let me ask you this.....if we have evolved like all the other creatures on this planet, then why are we, as the last to appear, more advanced than any of the creatures who have been around for millions of years longer than we have?

Being self aware or displaying emotions, having different personalities or a degree of intelligence....how does that make any of these older life forms anywhere close to our equals? The truth is, we have no equals here on this planet. The Bible explains why this is so....why can't science?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Are we speaking about molecular change or some force that constantly alters things here and 'out there'? What is the force behind the change do you think?
Inherent nature of the stuffs themselves. They ceaselessly interact and alter their shapes and forms in myriad ways.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Let me ask you this.....if we have evolved like all the other creatures on this planet, then why are we, as the last to appear, more advanced than any of the creatures who have been around for millions of years longer than we have?

Being self aware or displaying emotions, having different personalities or a degree of intelligence....how does that make any of these older life forms anywhere close to our equals? The truth is, we have no equals here on this planet. The Bible explains why this is so....why can't science?

What makes you think that we are "more advanced"? We only beat other creatures in one small area.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Is "I dunno" really all you have?
It's the most honest answer I have. Was it from a creator of some sort? I don't know. Was it entirely natural? I don't know. For all we know, and it really isn't much, this universe could be a smaller part of a much larger whole and it came into being out of necessity for this larger whole, much how our own cells reproduce and come into being in accordance with our own needs.
Without a Creator, how do you explain any of it? :shrug:
It just came into being. But, really, we don't know what lies outside of the universe, if anything at all. We don't even know how life got its start here.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member

If we are advanced then I weep for anything considered "beneath us." We're pretty pathetic as a species. Arrogant, naked creatures who would lose in a real fight with other animals. Just because a God created us in his own image (which I don't buy, he'd be freaking narcissistic if that were the case) doesn't make us superior automatically. Superior beings wouldn't be so insecure as to assume such superiority. I thought you guys were supposed to exalt humility anyway?