• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just Purchased a Religious Subscription Box

Recently I've decided I was going to give up my audible membership because I don't really use it that much anymore. It was fun while it lasted, but it's time to move on. So I cancelled my membership and, with this $15 back in my pocket, I decided to look for something else I could get monthly for that extra boost to my daily life. My first place to look was at subscription boxes, where you get a box in the mail each month filled with goodies. There were so many to choose from! I could get ones for that "time of the month", ones for knitters, ones for gamers, or even ones for people who like to do their make-up. One kind of box really caught my eye, however, and it was one that was a Christian faith-encouragement box. Basically, there is a theme each month and in the box you get these little posters, stickers, and a gift of sorts that relates to the theme of the month.

I'm not officially declared as anything right now, but the thought of some kind of monthly reminder of God's presence in my life sounded refreshing. So I bought myself a box and I honestly can't wait for my first one to arrive in the mail. It's like a birthday gift to myself, and it's something fun and practical that I can actually use! What I love about it too is that it's not exactly forceful with a message to believe in Jesus. It seems more relaxed and like an encourager. And, even though each box does come with an inspirational bible verse, I think I'm okay with that. Even if I don't end up becoming Christian, taking inspirational quotes from different faiths never hurt anybody. But I'm still on my search for God, so you never know. :)

And in other news, I'm currently watching a ton of unboxing videos for the specific kind of box that I just subscribed to. Someone stop me before it's too late. :tearsofjoy:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Recently I've decided I was going to give up my audible membership because I don't really use it that much anymore. It was fun while it lasted, but it's time to move on. So I cancelled my membership and, with this $15 back in my pocket, I decided to look for something else I could get monthly for that extra boost to my daily life. My first place to look was at subscription boxes, where you get a box in the mail each month filled with goodies. There were so many to choose from! I could get ones for that "time of the month", ones for knitters, ones for gamers, or even ones for people who like to do their make-up. One kind of box really caught my eye, however, and it was one that was a Christian faith-encouragement box. Basically, there is a theme each month and in the box you get these little posters, stickers, and a gift of sorts that relates to the theme of the month.

I'm not officially declared as anything right now, but the thought of some kind of monthly reminder of God's presence in my life sounded refreshing. So I bought myself a box and I honestly can't wait for my first one to arrive in the mail. It's like a birthday gift to myself, and it's something fun and practical that I can actually use! What I love about it too is that it's not exactly forceful with a message to believe in Jesus. It seems more relaxed and like an encourager. And, even though each box does come with an inspirational bible verse, I think I'm okay with that. Even if I don't end up becoming Christian, taking inspirational quotes from different faiths never hurt anybody. But I'm still on my search for God, so you never know. :)

And in other news, I'm currently watching a ton of unboxing videos for the specific kind of box that I just subscribed to. Someone stop me before it's too late. :tearsofjoy:
Theme/subscription boxes seem to be quite popular nowadays. It would be cool to receive various items and trinkets from the religions of the world to catch the flavor of what various practices bring in a positive way and share some of that even if not privy to any particular tenant.

A Vestigial Mote

My 5 year old son is all but addicted to watching people open "surprise eggs" - the little chocolate or plastic eggs that have a surprise toy inside them. I say get out while you still can...

SoundDoc

Ac 17:26 "And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings,
"so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;
"for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, 'For we are also His offspring.'