• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just In

Adziilii

Hello;

I've been active on internet forums since around 1997 back when 1.44mb mini floppy discs were the standard storage media.

I was baptized an infant into Roman Catholicism and completed enough catechism to make Holy Communion and Confirmation, but switched to Protestantism in 1968.

No college to speak of, only High School.

Served three years in the US Army as a 101st Airborne paratrooper. My unit was on standby, fully armed and equipped, ready to be in the air in one hour during the Cuban missile crises had President Kennedy given us the green light

A native Californian but currently residing in Oregon.

A welder from 1966 until retiring in 2006.

I've not had any formal Bible instruction, relying mainly on Sunday school classes, radio programs, and books. Fifty-one years of indoctrination hasn't made me an expert but I feel fairly competent in some areas.
_

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Hello;

I've been active on internet forums since around 1997 back when 1.44mb mini floppy discs were the standard storage media.

I was baptized an infant into Roman Catholicism and completed enough catechism to make Holy Communion and Confirmation, but switched to Protestantism in 1968.

Served three years in the US Army as a 101st Airborne paratrooper. My unit was on standby, fully armed and equipped, ready to be in the air in one hour during the Cuban missile crises had President Kennedy given us the green light

I've not had any formal Bible instruction, relying mainly on Sunday school classes, radio programs, and books. Fifty-one years of indoctrination hasn't made me an expert but I feel fairly competent in some areas.
_

Welcome to RF. I've found this an excellent place to learn about the faiths of others as well as history and science. I hope your have a great time here. :)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Hello;

_
Rakkasan !!

Welcome to the Forum.

Ellen Brown

Hello;

_

Welcome. I'm in Portland. I study the Bible, Quran and whatever I find. I hope that you have a good time here.

Jumi

Welcome to RF! Those floppy disks sure disappeared quickly at one point, remember having to install something from 40+ disks... and now you just have a USB stick and it takes just a click to install something that's 40 GB.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The more Christians the better. We have a high turnover rate currently though. Most who stay I think are retirees. We also have ex Christian retirees. I think younger people tend to be less educated and interested in forums which for me explains it.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Hello;

_

Quite an intro. Oh, yeah.... the floppies. I was around then.

Welcome!

nPeace

Veteran Member
Hello;

_
Welcome, and thanks for the background. Now they won't need to do a background check.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Welcome and hope to have some good chats.

I spent only 3 years in the Australian Armed Forces back in 1979 to 82.

Did a big joint exercise with the American forces in 1980.

Regards Tony

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Hello;

_

Bonjour and welcome to RF. Enjoy

Adziilii

Hello again;

Just in case someone's curious, my username is the moniker of one of my Native American nieces. She's just a little PowerPuff Girl so I don't think she'll mind my borrowing it for now.

In Adziilii's culture, a child's mother determines tribal identify. Adziilii's mom is Navajo, so there it is.

I myself am not Indigenous, rather; your basic White Man, a.k.a. Washichu (wah-shee-choo).
_

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!
I've never had any formal Bible training either.

But I was trained to make pizza.
So let's all have some....
th

nPeace

Veteran Member
Greetings!
I've never had any formal Bible training either.

But I was trained to make pizza.
So let's all have some....
th
Really? I like the one at the bottom left, because it seems to have more vegetables, and perhaps a little mince meat. One I am familiar with. I wonder what ingredients the others contain.
The one in the center looks like pie - as though it contains potatoes.
Looks delicious though.
Creative too.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Really? I like the one at the bottom left, because it seems to have more vegetables, and perhaps a little mince meat. One I am familiar with. I wonder what ingredients the others contain.
The one in the center looks like pie - as though it contains potatoes.
Looks delicious though.
Creative too.
That one looks best to too me too to.