• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just As If It Was Ripped From The Pages Of Some Ancient Christian Manuscript

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Recognizing where the responsibility (blame) lies is necessary to correct the situation.

I don't find it necessary, but I understand some people feel this is needed.

She believes that she alone is responsible and it's up to her alone to make their marriage work. WRONG!

If that is what she is doing, then I'd agree it's the wrong way to go about it.

While she may be a contributing factor to her deteriorated marriage, prompting her husband to take up with her best friend, It was her husband, not her, who sought to correct the situation by taking up with another woman. He could have chosen otherwise. She was blindsided and had no choice in the matter.

I don't think the point was about what could have been done different in the past but to correct the current situation moving forward.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Where did she say that she alone is responsible?
I'm not seeing it.
Because she never mentioned anyone else I'm assuming there are only three players in this little incident: She, her husband, and her friend. So when she said

"the way out of this mess wouldn’t include blaming my husband or friend…"
the only one left to blame, be held responsible, is herself.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Because she never mentioned anyone else I'm assuming
OK.
So she didn't say any such thing, you just assumed it.
And started a thread based on your assumption.

Didn't it ever occur to you that she might have some responsibility? She said she thought she did, do you think that she's wrong because she's female, or what?

Maybe it occurred to her that

Making fun of him in front of family and friends

Only having sex a few times a year, and making sure he knew that she was only doing it because she had to

Letting him know that since she makes more money than he does, she doesn't have to care about where he wants to vacation, or when

was part of the reason that their marriage was on the rocks?

Maybe she just realized that a big part of the marriage difficulties that they were having together was her, and she decided to stop being part of the problem and become part of the solution. Then he did also, and now they've got their marriage back?

Or are you one of those feminazis who assume the any problems between men and women must be the man's fault, because men are just obviously evil?
Tom

Skwim

Veteran Member
OK.
So she didn't say any such thing, you just assumed it.
And started a thread based on your assumption.
Sorry for not inserting a clarifying comma. Try, " Because she never mentioned anyone else, I'm assuming there are only three players in this little incident:" My assumption has to do with the number of players.

Didn't it ever occur to you that she might have some responsibility?
Absolutely.

Or are you one of those feminazis who assume the any problems between men and women must be the man's fault, because men are just obviously evil?
Tom
Tom! Tom! Tom! Take a drink of warm milk and settle down, You're getting your panties all in a bunch over nothing.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
[
You're getting your panties all in a bunch over nothing.
You started this thread, feel free to reread your OP.

Show me where you said, or even implied, that she might have been the biggest problem in their marriage.
Tom