• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just as I am.. Oh Lamb of God I come

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
Just as I am, without one plea
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bidd'st me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot,
To Thee, whose blood can cleanse each spot,

Just as I am, tho' tossed about
With many many a conflict, many a doubt,
Fightings and fears within, without,

Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind:
Sight, riches, healing of the mind,
Yea, all I need in Thee to find,

Just as I am, Thou wilt receive,
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
Because Thy promise I believe,

Just as I am— Thy love unknown
Hath broken ev'ry barrier down;
Now to be Thine, yea, Thine alone,

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
Just as I am
I read these words to mean that there is nothing I have to do before I come to Christ for salvation, there is nothing I can do to cleanse myself so it is to Him who can cleanse me I come..just as I am, defiled by sin and the uncircumcision of my heart, the uncleaness of my thoughts and intents. He knows them all but because I am coming to Him for cleansing He will in no wise cast me out, even though He is the sinless Perfect Son of God.
Just as I am, a rebel against Gods Holy Law, dead in my tresspasses and sins. I come to Him in faith that He will quicken me according as his gospel promises.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
*Paul* said:
without one plea
When a sinner comes to Jesus Christ for cleansing in repentance for their sins commited against God they must acknowledge that there is nothing at all they can do to rid themselves of this sin. They must find themselves in agreement with God's Word that they are not righteouss, they need an atonement for their sins as the Law testifies and that God will not just forgive their sin without His Law being satisfied. When a sinner does this He recognises his own helplessness in saving himself from the guilt of his sins and Gods justice.
With the eyes of faith He looks upon the spotless Lamb of God and sees in Him all that is needed to reconcile Him to God, the same God who loved Him so very much that He did not with-hold His perfect Son so that He could reconciled to Him. The sinner will realise that no one ever loved Him like this, no one has ever showed such a selfless love for one so unworthy of receiving it.
Believing the promises of God he puts his faith in this sacrifice as being fully and absolutley sufficient to cleanse from all his sins past, present and future. God sees the faith of this sinner and counts it to him as righteousness and cleanses Him and puts His Spirit within that sinners heart and begins a work in Him that wil lcontinue until the day of redemption, a work that He has undertook Himself - the sinners sanctification.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
*Paul* said:
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
This is the sinners only plea with God, Satan throws many accusations against us, both in our minds and to God.
In our minds: when this accusation comes you know that he is right, you have sinned against God, you have broken His law, you are not worthy of Gods forgiveness or Love, if you are honest with yourself you are the chief of sinners and not worthy to be called a son. What can be your plea? What can be your defence? How can you be justified? Can you point Satan to your many good works and claim God will accept you for those? It won't work, the best we can do is what we should always be doing and Satan knows that God has said that He will not clear the guilty, He can easily point you to the fact that to transgress in one commandment is to transgress in all. Your conscience rather than being a good defence lawyer for you will condemn you, sins you thought you had long forgotten or that nobody saw you commit will all be layed out as a case file against you, it is hopeless, you do not stand a chance of a not guilty verdict, you are weighed in the balances and found wanting.
Our only chance of winning this battle of the mind with the devil is to agree with Him then plead the blood of Christ. I am a sinner yes and my punishment would be just but Jesus the Spotless Lamb of God has taken all my sins on Himself, He in Love for the world including me took on Himself the punishment for our transgressions and paid it in full, He declared tetelestai--paid in full--- IT IS FINISHED. He satisfied Gods Law which was contrary to me and the Holiness of it condemned me but now I am free, now I am not guilty, there is now no condemnation for me. In Jesus I have full pardon and redemption, oh blessed Saviour how can it be that you should regard a worm like me?
And you have done so much more than saved me, that is just the beginning, You have given me your Spirit to guide me to walk in obedience to you and to keep me on the right path, You have given many precious promises including Your soon return and the eradication of my sinful nature completely forever.
And You are ever interceding for me and your church, your blood and your scars are an ever present proof of Your love for me and destroy Satans case against me, for my Father looks at these and sees that the penalty has been paid in full and that His blood brought Church are being conformed to the beautiful image of His dear Son.
Our only plea with God is His grace, Love and mercy in sending His Son to die for us. To add to this is to devalue the precious gift and insult the graciousness of the offer and turn it into a reward for scant works. We have a sure confidence that God accepted this payment in that He raised Christ from the dead, death could not hold Him, He is risen indeed and will come again MARANATHA.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
*Paul* said:
And that Thou bidd'st me come to Thee,
Jesus gives everyone an invitation:
Mt 11v28: Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Rv 22v17: And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
The gospel in an invitation to come to God through Jesus Christ and this we do in response to the invisible workings of the Holy Spirit, it is He who presses the words of the gospel to our souls, it is He who convicts us and persuades us to come:
Jn 16v7-9: Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Of sin, because they believe not on me;
No man would ever come to God but by this working of the Holy Spirit. Our coming to God must be an act of our own will, of that I am convinced but if it were not for the work of The Spirit of God and his striving with us we would never come, He draws us and brings us to God.
Jn 6v44: No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Gen 24v4: But thou shalt go unto my country, and to my kindred, and take a wife unto my son Isaac.
Here in Genesis we have Abraham sending out His servant to find a bride for his son Isaac.
This is a type to show us How the Holy Spirit was sent to gather a bride for Gods Son Jesus.
The bride was then brought to Isaac by the servant she would not have known How to find him had not the servant brought her to him.
The Holy Spirit builds up in us and convinces us that though we are unworthy of such a bridegroom as Jesus He will accept us because He has invited us to come unto Him, it is by the Holy Ghost that we come to Jesus.

Who can fathom it? The spotless Beautiful Son of God calls out to us sin laden creatures in love to come unto Him and rest and be cleansed. He will then live in our hearts by His Spirit and we have sweet fellowship with Him.
But that Thou biddest me come to thee.. God calls ME? The creator of the Whole universe who is infinite in power calls ME? How can I resist such a call, how meekly I come though not boasting to Him of my love-ableness, not claiming my worthiness, not bringing the labour of my hands to as Cain did. I simply come Just as I am, He is the One that invited me in His gospel, He asked for nothing of me at that moment except that I believe on Him and trust Him with faith. When I was yet dead in my sins and wholly defiled He called out to me Come and I will give you rest.

Oh Lamb of God I come to Thee.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
*Paul* said:
The title Lamb of God is in reference to the sacrificial Lamb provided by God for the sin of mankind, hear John the Baptist:

Jn 1v29: The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
Jn 1v36: And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

What was John taling about? Here are some of the verses He may have had in mind:
Gen 22v7-8: And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?
And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

Ex 12v5-6: Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats:
And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening.

Ex 12v13: And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt.

Lev 5v5-6: And it shall be, when he shall be guilty in one of these things, that he shall confess that he hath sinned in that thing:
And he shall bring his trespass offering unto the LORD for his sin which he hath sinned, a female from the flock, a lamb or a kid of the goats, for a sin offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for him concerning his sin.

Lev 14v12-13: And the priest shall take one he lamb, and offer him for a trespass offering, and the log of oil, and wave them for a wave offering before the LORD:
And he shall slay the lamb in the place where he shall kill the sin offering and the burnt offering, in the holy place: for as the sin offering is the priest's, so is the trespass offering: it is most holy:

Lev 14v24-25: And the priest shall take the lamb of the trespass offering, and the log of oil, and the priest shall wave them for a wave offering before the LORD:
And he shall kill the lamb of the trespass offering, and the priest shall take some of the blood of the trespass offering, and put it upon the tip of the right ear of him that is to be cleansed, and upon the thumb of his right hand, and upon the great toe of his right foot:

1Sam 7v9: And Samuel took a sucking lamb, and offered it for a burnt offering wholly unto the LORD: and Samuel cried unto the LORD for Israel; and the LORD heard him

Isa 53v6-7: All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

Isa 53v10-11: Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities

Jer 11v19: But I was like a lamb or an ox that is brought to the slaughter; and I knew not that they had devised devices against me, saying, Let us destroy the tree with the fruit thereof, and let us cut him off from the land of the living, that his name may be no more remembered.
(Some Godless fellows say may His Name be blotted out)

Jesus truly is the Lamb of God and He will return as the conquering Lion of the tribe of Judah so:
Ps 2v12: Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

KPereira

Wow, *Paul*...that is certainly one way of looking at it. I agree 100% with that (granted, I only had time to scan it it through, though). It's definitely a good interpretation.

love

tri-polar optimist
That song brings tears of joy to my heart and I know the Lord has heard my pleas. Oh Lamb of God I come. He will lift you up with His Spirit and there is no greater joy.

joeboonda

Very well done, Paul! This, too, is my belief, "Just as I am, I come." I wish more people understood it, but it is too wonderfull, too simple for so many 'intellectual', 'evolved' people to understand. We come as a child, and take the water of life freely. People in their pride want to add more to it than that, to add THEIR own good works, which are as filthy rags to a Holy God for salvation. We do good works because we have been saved by His great love, not to earn or keep saved. Its Jesus plus...nothing! Not Jesus plus good works, one's church, sacraments, rituals, traditions, or anything else, just Jesus.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
Amen my brothers and sisters, let us never tire of proclaiming this message until the Lord calls us to be with Him, let us never tire of doing good to others and bringing the Love of God to them, our labour is not in vain.
Let us love and love though we be repayed hatred, sarcasm and evil will, let us always by God's Spirit overcome evil with good. Not in word only but in deed also.

Praise God for His glorious gospel and the daily filling of His Spirit in our hearts, Let our aim in life be to have the Son of God live His life though us, who loved us and gave Himself for us.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
Wow, *Paul*...that is certainly one way of looking at it. I agree 100% with that (granted, I only had time to scan it it through, though). It's definitely a good interpretation.

Yey. you're back, I am glad, I often think about you.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
That song brings tears of joy to my heart and I know the Lord has heard my pleas. Oh Lamb of God I come. He will lift you up with His Spirit and there is no greater joy.

Hallelujah Love, the Spirit filled life is our calling which will manifest itself both in sound doctrine and good works to others, expecially those who dislike and even hate us. As John the baptist said, I must decrease, He must increase. Less of me more of Him.
I agree there is no greater joy than having that real presence of the Holy Ghost filling our hearts and bringing us close to the presence of God, I can't wait till we are with Him in person, can you imagine? It seems unbelievable at times but it is definatley going to happen, Oh happy day.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
Very well done, Paul! This, too, is my belief, "Just as I am, I come." I wish more people understood it, but it is too wonderfull, too simple for so many 'intellectual', 'evolved' people to understand. We come as a child, and take the water of life freely. People in their pride want to add more to it than that, to add THEIR own good works, which are as filthy rags to a Holy God for salvation. We do good works because we have been saved by His great love, not to earn or keep saved. Its Jesus plus...nothing! Not Jesus plus good works, one's church, sacraments, rituals, traditions, or anything else, just Jesus.

It's all about Jesus Christ, so true let the message go out loud and clear for the days are evil and His glorious appearing is so close. Let that living water flow from our innermost being until that great day Joe so we can edify our brothers and sisters and provoke each other to good works and walk in personal holiness.

MARANATHA!