• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just another atheist

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Don't mind me, just popping in to say hi.

About myself: I'm just another atheist with an American Evangelical/Baptist/Fundy background. I've gone down various rabbit holes of spiritual growth and deconstruction. For now I view myself as an agnostic atheist, but I'm an open minded person, so let's see what happens. Hope everyone is having a good year so far!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

About myself: I'm just another atheist with an American Evangelical/Baptist/Fundy background. I've gone down various rabbit holes of spiritual growth and deconstruction. For now I view myself as an agnostic atheist, but I'm an open minded person, so let's see what happens. Hope everyone is having a good year so far!

I hope you enjoy your time here.

3291372281_d72ef5e24f_b.jpg

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

Welcome! You sound like me.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

Welcome aboard! There are a lot of agnostic atheists here so you should feel right at home. :)

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

Bloody hell you're breeding like rabbits. Er.. oh and Hello.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

As an atheist, I actually find the concept of "agnostic atheist" a difficult one to grasp.

Still, welcome to the forums, and I hope we have the opportunity to discuss ideas in future. There are some very fine conversations, from time to time, even among people who disagree. (Of course, there's the other kind of conversation, too, but feel free to ignore those.)

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
As an atheist, I actually find the concept of "agnostic atheist" a difficult one to grasp.

Still, welcome to the forums, and I hope we have the opportunity to discuss ideas in future. There are some very fine conversations, from time to time, even among people who disagree. (Of course, there's the other kind of conversation, too, but feel free to ignore those.)

From my perspective, I can't say with certainty that no gods exist, cause I really don't know. That said, of the gods that I have come to learn about, they have all seemed man made. I'm not sold on the idea of gods altogether.

Not to be insulting or anything, but the idea of gods occupy a similar space in my mind as folk tales like big foot do. I guess it's possible that big foot lives in the woods and hides from everyone, but I suspect he's just another folk tale like vampires, ghosts, or anything els the human mind dreams up. Who knows, though. Other cryptids like komodo dragons turned out to be real, so I'm open to the discovery that gods actually exist - but I'm definitely not holding my breath.

Hope that helps to clarify my thought process :)

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
From my perspective, I can't say with certainty that no gods exist, cause I really don't know. That said, of the gods that I have come to learn about, they have all seemed man made. I'm not sold on the idea of gods altogether.

Not to be insulting or anything, but the idea of gods occupy a similar space in my mind as folk tales like big foot do. I guess it's possible that big foot lives in the woods and hides from everyone, but I suspect he's just another folk tale like vampires, ghosts, or anything els the human mind dreams up. Who knows, though. Other cryptids like komodo dragons turned out to be real, so I'm open to the discovery that gods actually exist - but I'm definitely not holding my breath.

Hope that helps to clarify my thought process :)
Clarifies nicely, thank you.

I do not think we humans will ever stop finding things that surprise us, partly because they may be difficult to find, or perhaps because evolution continues to produce new things.

On what I might call "more obvious" things, like the Tooth Fairty, Santa Claus, God, and Medusa, I feel pretty sure by now that we know enough to know they don't exist.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

Hello, and welcome to RF. I hope you enjoy your time here.

iu

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Greetings!
Join us for some atheist cake.
93da531685c29ed08b76e49f09c05993.jpg
(Rules require some things to be presented this way.)