• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just an astrological observation

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
In the West, "God" has been generally associated with the Sun, Orion, and the Sirius Star. These things rise and fall, they're temporary but come back. They cycle, they are defeated and reborn, they can fail us.

In the West, "Satan" has been associated with the constellation Draco, which never sets below the horizon, which never fails, which is never defeated except for a few hours when the Sun blinds human from it - yet even then Draco still remains in the north.

Hope none of my RHP friends here like astrology o_O

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Even your `satan` obeys Draconic forbiting laws doesn't he,
but the sun hides from these truths, what determines the truth ?
Where in the Cosmos does one escape those restrictions ?
Maybe on Sirius ? Or maybe beyond those restrictions ?

JoshuaTree

Flowers are red?
Another astrological/astronomical observation is that Draco is confined to the Northern Hemisphere while the sun, Orion, and Sirius star are free to come and go as they please.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Another astrological/astronomical observation is that Draco is confined to the Northern Hemisphere while the sun, Orion, and Sirius star are free to come and go as they please.

So one is eternal in its own, the others cycle and rely on something external to appear. I like that.

Milton Platt

Those are cosmological bodies and are subject to the same laws as the rest of the universe, such a gravity, orbital mechanics, etc.

syo

the constellation Draco, which never sets below the horizon, which never fails, which is never defeated except for a few hours when the Sun blinds human from it - yet even then Draco still remains in the north.
Draco represents a dead dragon-guardian. that is why it's fixed in a hemisphere.

to be honest i've never heard of draco as satan.

here is the myth draco myth

Last edited:

Milton Platt

Today you get to learn something new!

Western esotericism - Wikipedia

Thanks for the link. Nothing new there, though.

I was pointing out your loose use of language re: the sun, Orion, and Sirius can come and go as they please. They are merely cosmological bodies which obey the exact same laws of physics as does Draco and the trillions of other cosmological bodies in the universe and have no uniqness. They are not thinking entities and do things for their pleasure.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
"In the Rigveda, the oldest of the four Vedas, Indra, the Vedic god of storms, battles Vṛtra, a giant serpent who represents drought. Indra kills Vṛtra using his vajra (thunderbolt) and clears the path for rain, which is described in the form of cattle: "You won the cows, hero, you won the Soma,/You freed the seven streams to flow" (Rigveda 1.32.12). In another Rigvedic legend, the three-headed serpent Viśvarūpa, the son of Tvaṣṭṛ, guards a wealth of cows and horses. Indra delivers Viśvarūpa to a god named Trita Āptya, who fights and kills him and sets his cattle free. Indra cuts off Viśvarūpa's heads and drives the cattle home for Trita. This same story is alluded to in the Younger Avesta, in which the hero Thraētaona, the son of Āthbya, slays the three-headed dragon Aži Dahāka and takes his two beautiful wives as spoils. Thraētaona's name (meaning "third grandson of the waters") indicates that Aži Dahāka, like Vṛtra, was seen as a blocker of waters and cause of drought."
Dragon - Wikipedia

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
ahhh...the super complexity of the Vedas and the number of idols appointed !
And they say that the bible is complicated, having only a single `God`.
Text vs. text...mythology sans intelligence, understanding of none.
But...it makes interesting reading doesn't it ?