• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

June 1st.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Today is May the first. In the U.S. as of this day there have been 64 742 deaths from Covid 19. There are thousands dying from this every day, and tens of thousands of new infections every day.

And these numbers are expected to increase as businesses open and social distancing eases off.

I am just putting this here as a marker, a signpost in time.

It is one month later. There are still tens of thousands of new cases of Covid 19 every day in the US. Approximately one thousand people are still dying from this disease each and every day. 106 000 people dead at this point in time.

And now you have major protests and riots throughout the US. Cities are burning. And the White House is focused on s petty feud with Twitter.

Tell me, is America Great Again yet?

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It is one month later. There are still tens of thousands of new cases of Covid 19 every day in the US. Approximately one thousand people are still dying from this disease each and every day. 106 000 people dead at this point in time.

And now you have major protests and riots throughout the US. Cities are burning. And the White House is focused on s petty feud with Twitter.

Tell me, is America Great Again yet?

Not just that, but our government is still bogged down in the Middle East due to an obsessive-compulsive foreign policy, not to mention petty feuds with Russia and China being stoked into major disputes which could threaten world stability.

Is America great again? Was it ever great? I guess it depends on how one defines "greatness." Certainly, we have been one of the "Great Powers," mainly due to our size and military reach. I suppose any member of the G7 or G20 nations might be considered "great" on that basis alone.

I think the whole "MAGA" slogan was invented to address concerns that America is/was losing its former stature and greatness. The general feeling over the past several decades has been that America is a nation in decline, often compared to the decline and fall of the Roman Empire.

Tambourine

I think the whole "MAGA" slogan was invented to address concerns that America is/was losing its former stature and greatness. The general feeling over the past several decades has been that America is a nation in decline, often compared to the decline and fall of the Roman Empire.
The Roman Empire lasted more than 1500 years, and experienced multiple peak and decline periods, along with several major crises, epidemics, and civil wars.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not just that, but our government is still bogged down in the Middle East due to an obsessive-compulsive foreign policy, not to mention petty feuds with Russia and China being stoked into major disputes which could threaten world stability.

Is America great again? Was it ever great? I guess it depends on how one defines "greatness." Certainly, we have been one of the "Great Powers," mainly due to our size and military reach. I suppose any member of the G7 or G20 nations might be considered "great" on that basis alone.

Aye, "greatness" is so highly subjective that it's just a slogan.
It's like the word, "patriot".....I eschew claims to either.
But I'm optimistic that we'll survive & thrive after the tribulations de jour.

Last edited:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I just have to point out that this thread was posted very early on June 1st.

Sixteen hours later, I am wondering if the US will survive another month.