• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judgment from Yahweh during Chr-stmas Day?

Messianic Israelite

For the run up to Chr-stmas, I have been debating with various people regarding the pagan nature of Chr-stmas, how it isn’t Biblical and how Yahweh is deeply displeased with those who engage in it. I was pleasantly surprised to hear how some people on RF know about the Saturnalia, Bacchanalia and Paganalia that existed before the birth of the Messiah, yet were celebrated around December 25th with the same symbols and practices that are kept at Chr-stmas. Only someone with a very limited thinking process would think that these things are merely coincidence. But Chr-stmas is over, however, I wanted to mention the fact that deadly blizzards have been raging across the U.S.A and in Canada with a special concentration on Chr-stmas day. Perhaps you were one of the people that were affected by this. So I’m going to ask the question that people on RF seem to be avoiding. Is this judgment from Yahweh? I don’t think it is mere coincidence that on Chr-stmas day this should take place. Now I want to start by saying I’m not gloating that many people have died during Xmas. Let me say that whenever they are deaths involved, I’m not happy about it, regardless if people were engaging in sinful practices. My attitude echoes Yahweh in Ezekiel 33:11 “Say to them, ‘As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Yahweh, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, people of Israel?’ Proverbs 24 says:

“Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth,
And let not thy heart be glad when he is overthrown;
18 Lest Yahweh see it, and it displease him,
And he turn away his wrath from him.”

The Buffalo storms have been classed as “a crisis of epic proportion” and “the worst of the worst” by the New York Governor Kathy Hochul, a native of Buffalo, where 2.4-metre (8-foot) snow drifts against front doors and power outages in freezing temperatures have created life-threatening conditions. More than 200,000 people across several eastern states woke up without power on Christmas morning, and many more had their holiday travel plans upended although the five-day-long storm featuring blizzard conditions and ferocious winds showed signs of easing. The two dozen weather-related deaths were confirmed across eight states, but some US media reported as many as 30 storm-linked fatalities, including four people in Colorado who likely died of exposure and at least seven in western New York.

In Canada, hundreds of thousands of people were left without power in Ontario and Quebec, many flights were canceled in major cities and train passenger service between Toronto and Ottawa was suspended.

Much of the US experienced some sort of winter weather during the large storm, which was generated by a bomb cyclone, a meteorological phenomenon when the atmospheric pressure quickly drops in a strong storm.

What does anger me is that people, I know, are blaming Yahweh for not allowing them to see their loved ones, or friends during this time. For ruining their Xmas, which according to the Chr-stian faith is the holiest day of the year, yet has no basis in the Bible. Yahshua was not even born on December 25, and further, Yahweh doesn’t command we remember his birth but his death at the Passover on the correct day set by the lunar calendar. I know some people are even blaming Yahweh because people have died, at least 60. Instead of blaming Yahweh, why don’t people start asking themselves the question, What am I doing wrong? **Mod Edit**

Last edited by a moderator:

Messianic Israelite

The idea that an omnipotent, omniscient deity would punish a whole country with severe weather for celebrating a holiday strikes me as positively cruel and hyperbolic.

Hi Debater Slayer. Good evening. Yahweh punished the antediluvian peoples with a global flood in the time of Noah. So yes, Yahweh can judge people and nations with severe weather. EDIT: Just to be clear. Chr-stmas is a pagan celebration that has nothing whatsoever to do with the Bible. It is replete with paganism. If you've ever read the Bible, you'll know that Yahweh hates paganism. As a matter of fact, He wants His worship to be pure. The Pilgrim Fathers rejected Xmas as a heathen festival also and kept it as a fast day. Yahweh does judge. We know that from the Bible.

Reactions: DNB

Messianic Israelite

Next time you stub your toe, we'll assume that it's Allah punishing you for not following Islam. Makes about as much sense.

Father Heathen. Good evening. Me stubbing my toe is a human error. One that would come about by my own carelessness. In the Bible, the scriptures contain many examples of Yahweh controlling the weather and using it to punish, or direct people and nations.

• The global flood (Genesis 6:5-9:19)
  • Hailstorms, thunder and lightning in Egypt (Exodus 9:23-29)
  • Tornadoes, hurricanes and drought (Nahum 1:2-4)
  • Thunder (1 Samuel 7:10)
  • Drought and famine judgments (Leviticus 26:19-20, Deuteronomy 11:13-15; 28:24; 2 Samuel 21:1; Hosea 13:15; Zechariah 14:17)
  • No rain caused by sin (1 Kings 8:35-36)

Yahweh certainly has his way in the storm.

Reactions: DNB

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Father Heathen. Good evening. Me stubbing my toe is a human error. One that would come about by my own carelessness. In the Bible, the scriptures contain many examples of Yahweh controlling the weather and using it to punish, or direct people and nations.

• The global flood (Genesis 6:5-9:19)
  • Hailstorms, thunder and lightning in Egypt (Exodus 9:23-29)
  • Tornadoes, hurricanes and drought (Nahum 1:2-4)
  • Thunder (1 Samuel 7:10)
  • Drought and famine judgments (Leviticus 26:19-20, Deuteronomy 11:13-15; 28:24; 2 Samuel 21:1; Hosea 13:15; Zechariah 14:17)
  • No rain caused by sin (1 Kings 8:35-36)

Yahweh certainly has his way in the storm.
It's too easy to take any random natural occurrence and attribute it to something that you believe God dislikes. "That earthquake was because God hates shrimp!", "That tornado was because God hates crop rotation!", etc.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
Hi Debater Slayer. Good evening. Yahweh punished the antediluvian peoples with a global flood in the time of Noah. So yes, Yahweh can judge people and nations with severe weather. EDIT: Just to be clear. Chr-stmas is a pagan celebration that has nothing whatsoever to do with the Bible. It is replete with paganism. If you've ever read the Bible, you'll know that Yahweh hates paganism. As a matter of fact, He wants His worship to be pure. The Pilgrim Fathers rejected Xmas as a heathen festival also and kept it as a fast day. Yahweh does judge. We know that from the Bible.

Christmas in the northern hemisphere, comes during winter. So do blizzards.

How does God punish people in Australia at Christmas time?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
And why, if it is so important to Him that he'd punish us with dangerous and murderous weather, would he be so discrete about it? The weather could have so many natural explanations, there's no reason for us to think "This is God punishing us". Is this really a way to teach a lesson?

Messianic Israelite

It's too easy to take any random natural occurrence and attribute it to something that you believe God dislikes. "That earthquake was because God hates shrimp!", "That tornado was because God hates crop rotation!", etc.

Hi Father Heathen. Do you really think it is a mere coincidence that this occurred of all days on Chr-stmas day?

Messianic Israelite

And why, if it is so important to Him that he'd punish us with dangerous and murderous weather, would he be so discrete about it? The weather could have so many natural explanations, there's no reason for us to think "This is God punishing us". Is this really a way to teach a lesson?

Hi The Sum of Awe. It's not discreet though. The Assemblies of Yahweh has been teaching on television and radio that Chr-stmas is pagan. The fact that it is is actually quite well known. Is this really a way to teach a lesson you ask. Yes it is. Because words alone aren't changing people. How many people have repented of keeping this pagan festival by listening to words, but judgments speak louder than words and they are ingrained in the memory. Perhaps people will wake up to the fact that this pagan season is not pleasing to Yahweh.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Hi The Sum of Awe. It's not discreet though. The Assemblies of Yahweh has been teaching on television and radio that Chr-stmas is pagan. The fact that it is is actually quite well known. Is this really a way to teach a lesson you ask. Yes it is. Because words alone aren't changing people. How many people have repented of keeping this pagan festival by listening to words, but judgments speak louder than words and they are ingrained in the memory. Perhaps people will wake up to the fact that this pagan season is not pleasing to Yahweh.
I still fail to see how people are supposed to connect a snowstorm to a punishment from God, specifically for the celebration of Christmas. God needs to clear up the matter before punishing us, people apparently do not even know what they're doing is (supposedly) wrong.

exchemist

Veteran Member
For the run up to Chr-stmas, I have been debating with various people regarding the pagan nature of Chr-stmas, how it isn’t Biblical and how Yahweh is deeply displeased with those who engage in it. I was pleasantly surprised to hear how some people on RF know about the Saturnalia, Bacchanalia and Paganalia that existed before the birth of the Messiah, yet were celebrated around December 25th with the same symbols and practices that are kept at Chr-stmas. Only someone with a very limited thinking process would think that these things are merely coincidence. But Chr-stmas is over, however, I wanted to mention the fact that deadly blizzards have been raging across the U.S.A and in Canada with a special concentration on Chr-stmas day. Perhaps you were one of the people that were affected by this. So I’m going to ask the question that people on RF seem to be avoiding. Is this judgment from Yahweh? I don’t think it is mere coincidence that on Chr-stmas day this should take place. Now I want to start by saying I’m not gloating that many people have died during Xmas. Let me say that whenever they are deaths involved, I’m not happy about it, regardless if people were engaging in sinful practices. My attitude echoes Yahweh in Ezekiel 33:11 “Say to them, ‘As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Yahweh, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, people of Israel?’ Proverbs 24 says:

The Buffalo storms have been classed as “a crisis of epic proportion” and “the worst of the worst” by the New York Governor Kathy Hochul, a native of Buffalo, where 2.4-metre (8-foot) snow drifts against front doors and power outages in freezing temperatures have created life-threatening conditions. More than 200,000 people across several eastern states woke up without power on Christmas morning, and many more had their holiday travel plans upended although the five-day-long storm featuring blizzard conditions and ferocious winds showed signs of easing. The two dozen weather-related deaths were confirmed across eight states, but some US media reported as many as 30 storm-linked fatalities, including four people in Colorado who likely died of exposure and at least seven in western New York.

In Canada, hundreds of thousands of people were left without power in Ontario and Quebec, many flights were canceled in major cities and train passenger service between Toronto and Ottawa was suspended.

Much of the US experienced some sort of winter weather during the large storm, which was generated by a bomb cyclone, a meteorological phenomenon when the atmospheric pressure quickly drops in a strong storm.

What does anger me is that people, I know, are blaming Yahweh for not allowing them to see their loved ones, or friends during this time. For ruining their Xmas, which according to the Chr-stian faith is the holiest day of the year, yet has no basis in the Bible. Yahshua was not even born on December 25, and further, Yahweh doesn’t command we remember his birth but his death at the Passover on the correct day set by the lunar calendar. I know some people are even blaming Yahweh because people have died, at least 60. Instead of blaming Yahweh, why don’t people start asking themselves the question, What am I doing wrong? **Mod Edit**
Christmas is not over. There are twelve days of Christmas, ending at the Epiphany. There's even a song about it.

Christmas is also not the holiest day of the year in Christianity. Easter, the celebration of the Resurrection, is far more important from the religious point of view, and Good Friday, marking the sacrifice of Christ on the cross, is arguably the most holy day of all.

The current bomb cyclone in N America is a meteorological event that is well understood. It is not a miracle worked by God outside the laws of nature. One could perhaps consider it a" judgement", in the sense that failure to curb climate change is making such events more frequent and more extreme, so we have ourselves to blame, to some degree. But to imagine it is vengeance for celebrating Christmas is pure, swivel-eyed madness, straight out of the era of the Salem Witch Trials.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

I agree, "Christmas" has no origin in (Jesus) Yeshua - the Israelite Messiah, please. Right?
Did (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah and or Moses whom Yeshua followed, they ever said to celebrate their birth days or their death days, please, right?
If yes, then anybody to quote from them in this connection, please. Right?
Yeshua and or Moses also never celebrated anybody else's birth days and or death day, please. Right?

Regards

Last edited: