• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judges....Our Standards Are Too Low

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Drunken judges brawling with civilians.
Imagine being in front of such people.
These boobs have so much power over us.

https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-new...ounded-2-judges-in-2019-white-castle-shooting
Excerpted...
INDIANAPOLIS — A Marion County judge has released the full video of a brawl in which two Southern Indiana judges were wounded in a shooting outside a Downtown White Castle restaurant in 2019.
:
The video shows Clark County Circuit judges Brad Jacobs and Andrew Adams fighting with two other men in the fast food restaurant's parking lot about 3:30 a.m. May 1, 2019.
:
Jacobs and Adams were in Indianapolis to attend a judicial conference. According to testimony in Kaiser's trial, they had been drinking heavily with other judges at several Downtown restaurants and bars when they stopped at the White Castle, 55 W. South St., about 3:30 a.m. May 1, 2019.
Jacobs and Adams and Crawford County Judge Sabrina Bell were in the fast food restaurant's parking lot when two men drove by in an SUV. One of the men yelled something and Bell "extended her middle finger to the occupants of the SUV," according to court documents.
The men in the SUV, Kaiser and his nephew Alfredo Vazquez, parked and approached the judges, video shows. The four can be seen grappling and throwing punches. The fight ended when Kaiser pulled a handgun and shot Adams and Jacobs. Both survived their wounds.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That's Indiana judges for you. They get so bad, so petty and so prejudice with their personal baggage that one of those Hoosier judges ordered a divorcing couple, both of them Wiccan, to "not expose their child to non-mainstream religions."
And then there was the piggly-wiggly judge who reinstated the piggly-wiggly cop of another county after he was sacked for tasing an elderly man with Alzheimers at a nursing home.
And there was the judge who got picky and still hit someone I know with a charge, despite the fact she was told by the piggly-wiggly who pulled her over "get out of the car ******." Understandably things got very bad and ugly after that, and the judge seemed to think she had some degree of wrong doing over it all.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That's Indiana judges for you. They get so bad, so petty and so prejudice with their personal baggage that one of those Hoosier judges ordered a divorcing couple, both of them Wiccan, to "not expose their child to non-mainstream religions."
And then there was the piggly-wiggly judge who reinstated the piggly-wiggly cop of another county after he was sacked for tasing an elderly man with Alzheimers at a nursing home.
And there was the judge who got picky and still hit someone I know with a charge, despite the fact she was told by the piggly-wiggly who pulled her over "get out of the car ******." Understandably things got very bad and ugly after that, and the judge seemed to think she had some degree of wrong doing over it all.
Which doesn't have bad judges?
Certainly not Michiganistan.

PureX

Veteran Member
One major problem where I live is that we vote for our judges, and yet we know absolutely nothing about them when we go into the voting booth but their name. There is no access to their qualifications or their history in the courtroom that wasn't made available by themselves on some promotional web site. Even if we had the time and the desire to vet them, it's basically impossible.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
One major problem where I live is that we vote for our judges, and yet we know absolutely nothing about them when we go into the voting booth but their name. There is no access to their qualifications or their history in the courtroom that wasn't made available by themselves on some promotional web site. Even if we had the time and the desire to vet them, it's basically impossible.
Before I vote for a judge, I call a
lawyer friend who served as a judge.
He's familiar with the candidates.

PureX

Veteran Member
Before I vote for a judge, I call a
lawyer friend who served as a judge.
He's familiar with the candidates.
That's terrific, but no help to the thousands of other voters that don't have that access.

When I was living in Chicago, a well know writer for the Chicago Tribune wrote several scathing reports about a family court judge that was making horrible and outrageous decisions involving families and children. The author was Bob Greene and he had a huge readership at that time.

And yet that damn judge STILL got re-elected when the time came because many of those readers simply forgot his name, or his horrible story, or simply hadn't read Bob Greene's column. Eventually the judge was removed by the court system, itself, but that took a very long time and that judge continued destroying families all the while. And this wasn't because the voters were being mean, or deliberately stupid. It was simply because there was no functional mechanism in place that could connect a judge's behavior to the minds of the voting public. And not even the power of a major newspaper columnist was able to do it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That's terrific, but no help to the thousands of other voters that don't have that access.

When I was living in Chicago, a well know writer for the Chicago Tribune wrote several scathing reports about a family court judge that was making horrible and outrageous decisions involving families and children. The author was Bob Greene and he had a huge readership at that time.

And yet that damn judge STILL got re-elected when the time came because many of those readers simply forgot his name, or his horrible story, or simply hadn't read Bob Greene's column. Eventually the judge was removed by the court system, itself, but that took a very long time and that judge continued destroying families all the while. And this wasn't because the voters were being mean, or deliberately stupid. It was simply because there was no functional mechanism in place that could connect a judge's behavior to the minds of the voting public. And not even the power of a major newspaper columnist was able to do it.
Research can be harder to do for some.
But without that, it's just a random selection.

PureX

Veteran Member
Research can be harder to do for some.
But without that, it's just a random selection.
There is very little pertinent information to be searched for. What we would need to know is how they have behaved in the courtroom in the past. And except for reading courtroom records, how is anyone to find this out? And let's be realistic, who has the time to even try?

This is the really big flaw of "democracy". That it simply can't work without well informed voters, and it's quite easy to keep the voters not well informed.