1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Judgement time - Are you ready?

Discussion in 'Scriptural Debates' started by 3rdAngel, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Brian daniel mcmahon

Ratings:
    +4
    Religion:
    true pagan knight and please visit my profile thank you
    the declaration change to america will not write a law respecting the sanctity of any religion then it got changed back to the original declaration after the Iranian general was assassinated that was a religious assassination.
    a law is a philosophy and philosophies can corrupt

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. sojourner

sojourner Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006

Ratings:
    +5,517
    Religion:
    Christian/Shamanic
    The dragon is in the bigotry and judgment and shallow thinking of this post.

3. 3rdAngel

3rdAngel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +178
    Religion:
    truth
    Actually your post has a lot of truth in it. Well put together Brian :)

4. 3rdAngel

Ratings:
    +178
    Religion:
    truth
    Not really we all have free will to believe and follow God or not believe and follow God. We are all free to do as we wish. According to the scriptures there are consequences for our actions however. God is infinately loving and forgiving to all those who believe and follow him.

5. blü 2

blü 2 Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,778
    Religion:
    Skeptical
    In order to have free will, we'd have be able to act in ways that God didn't foresee. But God's omnipotent and omniscient and perfect, so [he]'s always perfectly known, back before [he] made the universe, everything we'd all ever think say and do ─ and knowing that, [he] went ahead and created the universe anyway, so nothing ever happens that [he] didn't perfectly foresee and intend.

Alternatively, God is not omnipotent, omniscient or perfect.

(That would solve the problem of theological freewill.

It won't solve the problem of how the brain could possibly make "free" decisions independently of the complex and interacting chains of biochemical and bioelectrical cause+effect by which our brains work and decide.)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. 3rdAngel

Ratings:
    +178
    Religion:
    truth
    Not really according to the scriptures we have always had free will because we were made in the image of God. It is true God knows the end from the beggining according to the scriptures. God knew mankind would disobey him and made the plan of salvation before man had sinned and departed from God in order to bring us back to God. The fall of mankind according to the scriptures is because mankind choose to believe the serpent (devil) over the Word of God. Salvation from sin and reconciliation to God is in believing God's Word over the words of men (devil). We choose what we believe and follow. This is free will. According to the scriptures it is the by believing the Word of God that changes the heart and gives us power to walk in newness of life.

#126 3rdAngel, Jan 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  7. 3rdAngel

Ratings:
    +178
    Religion:
    truth
    Well I have provided scriptural proof with minimal comment at starting from the first post on page 5. If you say it is off base you will need to show why it is from the scriptures. If you cannot why do you not believe the scriptures? Form what I see so far it is only you denying God's Word with your words which is not a reason not to believe what God says IMO :)

8. 3rdAngel

Ratings:
    +178
    Religion:
    truth
    Why do you think morality has nothing to do with the judgement? What is the definition of morality or what it means to be moral?

9. 3rdAngel

Ratings:
    +178
    Religion:
    truth
    Good post Dave, very imformative thanks for sharing. I believe God's dietry laws are also important. This is a good example as to why. Can I ask are you Waldensian Christian? They also keep the seventh day Sabbath according to the scriptures?

Happy Sabbath and thanks for sharing :)

10. 3rdAngel

Ratings:
    +178
    Religion:
    truth
    How are you going to scientifically veryify a fulfilled prophecy? You can only record historically if something has happened or not happened. So no it is not my opinion it is historically verified as fact.

11. oldbadger

oldbadger Skanky Old Mongrel!

Ratings:
    +7,329
    Religion:
    deist
    I'll do my best tio be ready.

Yes.... a kind of 'If you don't join us we'll torture you for ever and ever and ever, even after death. Crucifixion would be an easy end compared to what you'll get if you don't join us. Yeah..... got that.

Inquisition to find out who didn't join in.

To threasten and blakmail the innocents in to joing?

This is the 'You can't hide' clause. Very effective.

Again, you cannot hide a single naughty act. You're toast..... unless you join.

IOne massive final recuitment day to give all a last chance...... to join.

Anybody who didn't join.
    Relectless pain and suffering.

Folks who didn't join, obey and follow.

Sweet Jesus?

Jesus knows everything and will tell on you, if you don't join and obey.
    Events to leave you terrified.
    Yeah. The Great last war? Armageddon? Nasty threat, that.
    Torture, pain, suffering for eternity. From Merciful Jesus?

Oh, it's no good. I ain't joing a Faith where the beautiful merciful, kind, healing Jesus becomes a totally merciless tyrant.
    Nope. Not Joining.

12. Samantha Rinne

Samantha Rinne Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist

Ratings:
    +598
    Religion:
    Writer of the Mune Shinri (Aiken religion)
    Why? Why you ask?

Because of this.

Galatians 3:10-29

Scripture tells us that the only real purpose of the law is to point to Jesus Christ, and by extension to grace. Therefore, if the world is to be judged at all, morality is not the standard, but rather some other standard.

Shintoism, for instance, gives a standard. They see humans as memorable/not memorable, with their bad afterlife being that people forget you and your shrine becomes neglected. Likewise, Christianity offers a similar theory. He talks about people healing or casting out demons or other such works, but being told "I never knew you."

Being moral is pointless. Above all, more important is not to be the sort of person of whom come Judgement Day, we are judged "not memorable." Because then we are forgotten.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. 3rdAngel

Ratings:
    +178
    Religion:
    truth
    Hi Samantha thank you for sharing your thoughts. What has what you have written above have to do with what you are quoting from and the post you are quoting from and how do they answer the questions asked of you? What does marality mean to you? What does it mean to have morals and what do these have to do with the judgement? You do know that according to the scriptures there will be a judgement right (scriptures already posted starting here linked)?

#133 3rdAngel, Jan 26, 2020
  14. 3rdAngel

Ratings:
    +178
    Religion:
    truth
    Goodness that would put anyone off eating unclean foods IMO - disgusting! I am not sure if I should thankyou or not :)

15. ChristineM

ChristineM "Be strong" I whispered to my coffee.
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +34,139
    Religion:
    None
    For one, would have indipendent verification that said event happened and was a result of a biblically prediction

The problem i see here is you are assigning historical events with vague biblical predictions without evidence of any connection whatsoever.

Here is a Rational Wiki that essentially explains my view.

I am sure you can pick holes in it, or at last discredit it to your satisfaction but the fact remains, the information it contains remains valid

16. blü 2

blü 2 Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,778
    Religion:
    Skeptical
    As I pointed out, we can do only and exactly what God knew we'd do before [he] made the universe. That [he] made the universe that way shows that every event in the universe happens only and exactly in accordance with [his] will.

There's simply no room in the universe for both theological free will and an omnipotent, omniscient, perfect God.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. 3rdAngel

Ratings:
    +178
    Religion:
    truth
    Well that is not what the bible teaches Blu. That is simply your opinion. You are certainly entitled to your opinion though it is not based on any of the scriptures in the old and new testament that I am aware of. It is our free will that is given to us by God that allows us to believe and follow his Word or not believe and not follow. It is not God's will that mankind be lost and according to the scriptures he is not willing that anyone of us should perish. He has made a plan of salvation for all of us because he loves us (you too). It is up to us however to choose to receive God's gift to us. This is a decision all of us will choose or not choose according to the scriptures.

18. 3rdAngel

Ratings:
    +178
    Religion:
    truth
    Hi Christine, I am sure most people can make excuses for anything if they do not want to believe something is true. History independently verifies the biblical records. Go check them. You are free to believe as you wish. Seems to be though your only trying to find excuses not to believe and if that is the case nothing anyone says will convince you one way or the other. Time will tell who is right and who is wrong I believe. Sure would not want to be on the wrong side if the scriptures are true don't you think?

#138 3rdAngel, Jan 26, 2020
  19. blü 2

blü 2 Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,778
    Religion:
    Skeptical
    It's a direct and specific consequence of omnipotence, omniscience and perfection, isn't it? The alternative is that God did NOT perfectly foresee the results of [his] actions, hence at the least is neither omniscient or perfect.

If you could put your finger on the error in that reasoning, I'd be obliged.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ChristineM

ChristineM "Be strong" I whispered to my coffee.
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +34,139
    Religion:
    None

Just as they can a make up nonsence to justify their belief. I on the other hand accept nothing without evidence and even then i will question and analyse the claim.

No, history does not verify the bible, what history does is show that some places and some people mentioned in the bible actually existed

No excused necessary, i dont believe unevidenced woo

Why will time tell? You say some prophecies have already been fulfilled.

You are happy and welcome to your beliefs, i am happy with reality. And how disappointing it will be when you realise the scriptures are just the works of individuals written to subdue and control