• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judgement time - Are you ready?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Do you think they are just making these claims up or does the source come from elsewhere in your view SZ? Where in religion does this idea come from in your view?
I take it that you never watch the news. And I think that it is probably a result of someone with a bit of a mental disease that hates the world along with a sprinkling of the religion of one's choice.

Check out the list of end of the world claims in this article. The most famous recent one was Harold Camping:

List of dates predicted for apocalyptic events - Wikipedia

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I like your answer Tony, kind of like the scripture in Matthew 24:36-40 of the two great commandments to love God and mankind on which all the law and the prophets hang. Or elsewhere in Matthew 7:12 Therefore all things whatever you would that men should do to you, do you even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets. How can we love others though if according to the scriptures we do not have a heart to love but to evil?

We have the choice. That is the gift, all have the potential of Love in the heart, that is the image we are made in.

Education is the key.

Regards Tony

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Thanks NM, I appreciate your thoughts. I also do not think there is any need to criticise people personally as to what they believe or put others down for having a different view point than I do. I believe if we think we have a truthful understanding on a topic we should be able to discuss it freely and not feel threatened to do so because someone thinks differently to us. I am glad you feel the same way.
Just fair warning though. I'm relentless on the belief itself.

I have a Bushido sword made by a Samurai who made kazoos!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I take it that you never watch the news. And I think that it is probably a result of someone with a bit of a mental disease that hates the world along with a sprinkling of the religion of one's choice.

Check out the list of end of the world claims in this article. The most famous recent one was Harold Camping:

Ha, ha, i remember Harold Camping... 2 people asked for the day off work just in case.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Waa... sorry I did not know there was more than one of these. My apologies. I hope I can take it in a different direction and apply a different view point :)

Here is a good opportunity to pursue that hope. ;)

I see that each age of God is a Judgement Day.

Thus from Moses to Jesus was a Judgement Day, from Jesus to Muhammad was a Judgement Day, from Muhammad to the Bab and Bab to Baha'u'llah were Judgement Days.

From Baha'u'llah, the Day of the Messiah, until the next Messenger, is now a Judgement Day.

Regards Tony

3rdAngel

I had a look at your wiki article. This seems to be more related to time setting rather than the OP topic of the investigative judgement and the judgements of God and the questions asked in the OP. While I do agree that there has been many false claims and teachings in relation to the end of the world. Is that an argument to say that all claims are not true? I do not believe so IMO. It is like for example that there is many versions of Christianity. Not all of them are right. We are told in the scriptures for example that there will be many false teachers in the ends days. This in my view is simply a fulfillment of the prophecies of the end days according to the scriptures *MATTHEW 24:24; 2 PETER 2:1 etc

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I had a look at your wiki article. This seems to be more related to time setting rather than the OP topic of the investigative judgement and the judgements of God and the questions asked in the OP. While I do agree that there has been many false claims and teachings in relation to the end of the world. Is that an argument to say that all claims are not true? I do not believe so IMO. It is like for example that there is many versions of Christianity. Not all of them are right. We are told in the scriptures for example that there will be many false teachers in the ends days. This in my view is simply a fulfillment of the prophecies of the end days according to the scriptures *MATTHEW 24:24; 2 PETER 2:1 etc
You do realize that the writer of that defensive verse only acknowledged the obvious. There always have and always been preachers that the End Is Near. That does not help your case.

3rdAngel

We have the choice. That is the gift, all have the potential of Love in the heart, that is the image we are made in.

Education is the key.

Regards Tony

I believe we do have a choice as well Tony thanks for sharing your thoughts. I believe we all have the choice to believe the scriptures or not believe the scriptures. For me it is believing the scriptures that changes the heart of a person to love and frees them from the bondage of sin IMO.

3rdAngel

Don't remember that well, 1st/2nd, i im after all,in europe ;-)
I think both didn't actually believe his nonsense but thought it best to br with their families.

I do believe there has been a lot of nonsense put out there too Christine, but does that mean that there is not a correct view of the investigative Judgement, the judgements of God and a possibility of the end of the world in your view?

Jeremiah Ames

JUDGEMENT TIME AND THE INVESTIGATIVE JUDGEMENT - WILL YOU BE READY?

Hi all, according to the scriptures there will be both an investigative judgement and judgements from God poured out on mankind for those who do not believe and follow God's Word (biblical and Jewish scriptures); so the questions I am asking here are...

1. The investigative judgement what is it for?
2. God's judgements to mankind what are they for?
3. How does one avoid receiving the judgements of God?
4. What is the difference between the investigative judgement and God's judgements?
5. What was the great day of atonement for and why (Yom kippur) ?

I will post some scriptures out of interest to help the discussion on my view for to the OP. :)
1. Never heard of it.
2. To make us better people. Don’t mistake judgement for punishment.
3. Be nice to people.
4. Judgement is a good and positive thing, biblically. I can’t see a difference, but that’s me.
5. There was a great day of atonement?

3rdAngel

You do realize that the writer of that defensive verse only acknowledged the obvious. There always have and always been preachers that the End Is Near. That does not help your case.
The scriptures provided in MATTHEW 24:24 and 2 PETER 2:1 are not defensive scriptures they are prophetic and are in regards to false teachings coming into the Church, prior to the end of the world. The point being made here is a reference to false teachings and false claims in regards to the end of the world not the other way around.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The scriptures provided in MATTHEW 24:24 and 2 PETER 2:1 are not defensive scriptures they are prophetic and are in regards to false teachings coming into the Church, prior to the end of the world. The point being made here is a reference to false teachings and false claims in regards to the end of the world not the other way around.
Why not? Are you claiming that the writers of the Bible were idiots?

ChristineM

Premium Member
I do believe there has been a lot of nonsense put out there too Christine, but does that mean that there is not a correct view of the investigative Judgement, the judgements of God and a possibility of the end of the world in your view?

My view? Laughable

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Now SZ how do you get that out of what you are quoting from and responding to? :)
It seems as if you are implying that they are idiots when you say that it those are not defensive verses. Don't you realize that at Jesus's times there were quite a few "messiahs"? The end of the world was regularly being predicted. It does not take a genius to see that those sorts of predictions would continue. Predicting the obvious amounts to a defensive verse.

But then you make the error of believing the Bible literally.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Why would it be laughable in your view Christine?

As has been stated, there have been so many doomsday claims by religious nuts there is no way to take them any other way, i suppose there is an alternative, face palm comes to mind.

Sure life on this ball or rock may end tomorrow but it be by some natural disaster, not the predictions of a bronze age book

A Vestigial Mote

If you cannot prove that the scriptures are not inspired from God, claims that they are not from God are simply something that cannot be proven IMO which means the argument can roll either way.
If you cannot prove that there isn't a magical fire-unicorn that feeds on heat within the core of Saturn, then claims that there is not are simply something that cannot be proven IMO which means the argument can roll either way.