• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judgement Day

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
These are some Bible scriptures that describe the awful calamitous judgement prophesied regarding some souls not obeying The God of Yehoshua.

My question is; are there other holy books besides the Bible that have similar fearful forecasts for the wicked?

Revelation 21:8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.

Matthew 10:28 And be not afraid of those killing the body, and are not able to kill the soul, but fear rather Him who is able both soul and body to destroy in gehenna

Luke 12:5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.

James 4:12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy

Hebrews 10:26,27 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

Revelation 11:18 The nations were angry; and your wrath has come. The time has come for judging the dead, and for rewarding your servants the prophets and your saints and those who reverence your name, both small and great--and for destroying those who destroy the earth

Revelation 19:20 But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.

Revelation 20:10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A day will come when the whole universe will be destroyed and the dead will be resurrected for judgment by God. ...

And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will not be accepted from him and he will be one of the losers in the Hereafter. (Quran, 3:85)
Those who have disbelieved and died in disbelief, the earth full of gold would not be accepted from any of them if it were offered as a ransom. They will have a painful punishment, and they will have no helpers. (Quran, 3:91)

Is this true and taught in the Koran? - Non-Muslims will be tortured forever in hell. Hell is a most unpleasant place.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I do not believe The Word teaches punishment is provided for sinning. I think it teaches sinning prevents the sinner from finding the way, the truth and the life and finding the way, the truth and the life is salvation.

On the other hand Islam, and Jehovah's Witnesses teach their way is salvation. There might be others, I do not know. How can two, three or more ways that are different be the ONLY way to prevent the adverse judgement?

And the dwellers of the Fire cry out unto the dwellers of the Garden: Pour on us some water or some wherewith Allah hath provided you. They say: Lo! Allah hath forbidden both to disbelievers (in His guidance) 7:50

"Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil." Watchtower 1989 Sep 1 p.19

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Catholics say the Earth will be burned up.
Muslims say the universe will come to an end.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Jehovah's Witnesses say the Earth will be inhabited by Man forever.
They say the Judgement Day will be a mass of dead bodies. And I never really wanted to see that. Now here I am. Not Catholic. Not Muslim. Not Jehovah's Witness.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The point for discussion is this:

There exists at least two doctrines of theology that holds people to the belief their way is the only way to be saved from being penalized for wrongdoing. But the ways are conflicting. One says you must be called this way and the other says you must be called that way. Both (that I know of) say to be called the other is to suffer god's wrath.

Now I know it is a very sensitive subject to be talking about people's different ways of life or of believing, even when those ways contradict each other. But this isn't about people's ways of life and most believing. It's about JUDGEMENT.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If I am right and it is a serious all human problem then I just want to say it is noted that the problem will be ignored. If there is intelligence in Heaven heaven knows most people are voting it does not matter.

As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man...nor did they realize any danger till the Deluge came and swept them all away; so will it be at the Coming of the Son of Man. Matthew 24:37,39

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What is The Great Day of God Almighty? The religion that taught me tends to think it is war.

What do I think it is? I told my neighbor what I think it means. Is she a religious person? Actually I don't think so. As I think about this stuff all the time she is on the other end of the Thinking About Religion Spectrum. But she was noticeably impressed with my analysis.

Many people like to think Armageddon means combat for a win. That is what I was taught to believe.

It means Tell Megiddo. It is a hill in Israel. People are there. How did the people get there? The Bible says demons led them there.

Megiddo or Armageddon is linked to the great day of God and is called a war so people latched on to that. I think it is not that simple.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Your cynicism is mis-placed. People who are for "there is nothing better than to eat and drink and see good for all your hard work" can see the truth much clearer than people who are for being right and for being righteous.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So you might say savagewind believes belief is causing Armageddon. And that would be correct. Demons are able to fool people into believing lies. Lies cause conflict.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What then is the meaning of "megiddo" do I think? It is to illustrate two things I think. One is some tels are man made and it is a man made problem (yes, I don't believe in the satan man) and it is not too lofty that it can not be climbed by just about every one.

It has become a great lofty problem but in reality it is simple.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is a fact that when someone discovers there is no one listening then as long as the * words are not written someone can say whatever is on someone's mind. Haha

I am going to posit that by saying "belief is the problem" and I believe it with all my heart someone else you say "Communist". I don't think I am a communist.

The real problem is how to remove the beliefs that cause conflict but retain the body? I like that I am free to believe what I will. I like religion somewhat. Does religion need removing? I hope not.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It can not be true because I am alone in thinking so. Happy now?

What do I think the Great Day of Jehovah is? I think it is God's will that people learn to live in peace together. I do not believe living in peace is only possible when all people think alike.

The Great Day of God The Almighty happens when people live in peace and learn to compromise where they are able to do so.

Revelation calls what is happening the conflict of the great day of God The Almighty because people will not (not can not) agree who is or what is almighty.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Not agreeing causes the conflict which causes what? I guess it causes the seventh angel to pour out his bowl upon the air. Revelation 16:17 The seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and out of the temple came a loud voice from the throne, saying, "It is done!"

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
These are some Bible scriptures that describe the awful calamitous judgement prophesied regarding some souls not obeying The God of Yehoshua.

My question is; are there other holy books besides the Bible that have similar fearful forecasts for the wicked?

Zoroastrianism has judgment and Hell, if I recall correctly. (Someone can correct me on that if I'm wrong.)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Zoroastrianism has judgment and Hell, if I recall correctly. (Someone can correct me on that if I'm wrong.)

Thank you! I have skimmed several pages and did not find if it is a religion that teaches it is the only acceptable religious faith by which a person can be saved.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Thank you! I have skimmed several pages and did not find if it is a religion that teaches it is the only acceptable religious faith by which a person can be saved.

I think the Zoroastrian judgment and hell wasn't a final case either. I suspect it was more of a purgatory, cleansing, then come out better on the other end.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What's so simple about it? It seems to me that because two different ways that are at odds with each other cannot both be right, to outlaw religious monopoly is one simple solution. Hm class of zero, why is it many years now and there still exists opposite ways to get saved? I will come back later to answer that because I love talking to myself I guess.:baseball: the right one is missing again so we get baseball.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
I think I have a book somewhere with the scriptures for Zoroastrianism. Hell was a lot worse than any other religion has made it. Worse than Islam or Christianity. Really, really gory.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Perhaps the judgment and Hell idea is to give people peace when other people do immoral and evil things. If the evildoers don't get punished in this life, at least they're punished in the next.