• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judgement day ....what is it?

may

HOW do you picture Judgment Day? Many think that one by one, billions of souls will be brought before the throne of God. There, judgment will be passed upon each individual. Some will be rewarded with heavenly bliss, and others will be condemned to eternal torment. However, the Bible paints quite a different picture of this period of time. God’s Word portrays it, not as a terrifying time, but as a time of hope and restoration.
Because he has set a day in which he purposes to judge the inhabited earth in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and he has furnished a guarantee to all men in that he has resurrected him from the dead. ACTS 17;31

Popeyesays

may said:
HOW do you picture Judgment Day? Many think that one by one, billions of souls will be brought before the throne of God. There, judgment will be passed upon each individual. Some will be rewarded with heavenly bliss, and others will be condemned to eternal torment. However, the Bible paints quite a different picture of this period of time. God’s Word portrays it, not as a terrifying time, but as a time of hope and restoration.
Because he has set a day in which he purposes to judge the inhabited earth in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and he has furnished a guarantee to all men in that he has resurrected him from the dead. ACTS 17;31
Judgement Day is when the new Manifestation of God makes His announcement.As soon as He does, then every human being must make a choice to follow or not. This is what is meant when Jesus is said to come to judge between the quick and the dead. His coming in itself, without a word of His own is what decides: the quick are those who are spiritually alive - they choose to follow, and the dead are those who are spiritually 'dead' - they choose not to follow.Every human being will stand before God in judgement as they leave this material life. There is no day when everyone will stand before God.Regards,Scott

jewscout

Religious Zionist
well since you are already going to be judged when you die, wouldn't a "Judgement Day" seem kind of pointless?

for Judaism there is a concept of the End of Time...when the resurrection of the dead will occur.
that's pretty much it...

may

AT REVELATION 20;11,12, we read the apostle Johns description of Judgement day, ......I saw a great white throne and the one seated on it From before him the earth and the heaven fled away, and no place was found for them.And i saw the dead , the great and the small,standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened.But another scroll was opened,it is the scroll of life.And the dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds, who is the Judge described here?Jehovah God is the ultimate judge of mankind.However, he delegates the actual work of judging.According to Acts 17; 31, the apostle paul said that God has set a day in which he purposes to judge the inhabited earth in righteousness by a man whom he has a appointed .this appointed judge is the resurrected Jesus Christ ...John 5;22 when though, does judgment day begin? how long does it last? The book of revelation shows that judgment day begins after the war of Armageddon. when satans system on earth will be destroyed .......... revelation 16;14, 16, revelation 19; 19-and revelation 20; 3

joeboonda

I found this at rbc ministries...http://www.rbc.org/ds/q1202/point3.html

What Will Happen?

Judgement, Final Exams: When I was in school, I tried not to think about tests until I absolutely had to. After all, thinking about tests would have spoiled many an evening of watching television or talking with friends. Likewise, I have the feeling that most of us would rather not think about the final exam when we will stand before God. That would cramp our style, wouldn't it? It would make us take life more seriously and be more conscious of wasted time.
No, God's judgment isn't usually talked about at coffee breaks. We would rather discuss sports, the weather, or the new car models.
But just because the topic makes us uncomfortable, and just because we would rather not think about it until we are forced to, does not mean it is wise to ignore it or to delay facing the facts. We will all be judged--believer and nonbeliever alike--but we will not all be judged alike. Although the two judgments are different, both are serious occasions. And the time to get ready for them is now.
pt3a1202.gif
Why Is Judgment Necessary? If God is a God of perfect justice, then He must judge us after this life. The inequities and injustices of earth must be resolved. God will not let those people who have ignored His laws since they were children get away with it. And Christians, who have been entrusted with gifts to use for God's glory, will give full account of their use and be rewarded accordingly.
Who Will Be the Judge? God Himself will be our Judge (Hebrews 12:23). He will judge us through His Son. Jesus told us, "For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son" (John 5:22; cp. Acts 17:31).
Who Will Be Judged? No one will be excused from God's "final exam." It will take place in two parts: (1) the judgment of believers, and (2) the judgment of unbelievers.

1. Believers: The Judgment Seat of Christ. Believers will be judged at "the judgment seat of Christ" (Romans 14:10). Paul referred to this judgment when he wrote:
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad (2 Corinthians 5:10).​
This is not a judgment to determine whether a person is going to heaven or hell. That issue was settled by the person's acceptance or rejection of Christ during his earthly life (Romans 5:1-2). Christ Himself assured us that we cannot lose our salvation:
He who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life (John 5:24).​
At the judgment seat of Christ, believers will either suffer loss or be rewarded, depending on
pt3b1202.gif
their faithfulness. Although we are saved by faith, our works will be tested (1 Corinthians 3:13-15; 4:5; 9:16-27). Christ told three parables to illustrate our accountability to God for the use of all that He has given to us (Matthew 25:14-30; Luke 16:1-13; 19:11-27). Some believers will enter heaven by the skin of their teeth. They may get there through a "deathbed conversion" (like the thief on the cross in Luke 23:39-43). And many will be there who never matured beyond spiritual infancy.
The New Testament mentions that rewards and crowns will be given to those believers who earn them. For example:
  • The incorruptible or imperishable crown for those who build their lives with works that please God (1 Corinthians 3:12-14; 9:25-27).
  • The crown of righteousness for all who long for His appearing (2 Timothy 4:8).
  • The crown of life for the person who perseveres in trials (James 1:12; Revelation 2:10; 3:11).
  • The crown of glory for good shepherds of the church (1 Peter 5:4).
  • The crown of rejoicing for those who lead others to Christ (Philippians 4:1; 1 Thessalonians 2:19).
pt3c1202.gif
2. Unbelievers: The Great White Throne. All unbelievers will be judged at the Great White Throne. This will occur after the 1,000-year reign of Christ on earth (Revelation 20:7-15). At that time, the unsaved dead of all the ages will stand before God's throne. It will not be a time of rejoicing. Every person who stands before the Lord at the Great White Throne will be declared guilty.
Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them (Revelation 20:11).​
The unsaved will be judged on the basis of their relationship to Jesus Christ, and also on the basis of their deeds (Romans 2:5-11). Since these people have rejected the light they had about Christ, they will be excluded from heaven. Their names are not included in the book of life (Luke 10:20; Revelation 3:5; 13:8; 17:8; 20:12,15; 21:27). On the basis of what they have done on earth, they will suffer varying degrees of judgment in hell (Luke 12:47-48; Revelation 20:12-13).
This discussion about judgment should be upsetting. Hebrews 10:31 tells us that "it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." We cannot afford to take that warning lightly. And we cannot live without caring about the eternal destiny of those whose lives we touch. Only a cold and calloused heart will hoard the life-giving news about salvation. And only a shortsighted person will refuse the love Christ displayed on the cross and pursue the passing pleasures of sin.
pt3d1202.gif
Thinking It Over. If a Christian no longer has to fear judgment for sin, why should he be concerned about facing the judgment seat of Christ? Should a person be content to get to heaven "by the skin of his teeth"? What "crowns" do you think you will receive? Could it be wrong to think too much about what you will get for serving Christ? Take a moment to thank God for providing a way of escape from the penalty of sin.

may

after armageddon,satan and his demons will be imprisoned in an abyss for a thousand years ,During that time , the 144,000 heavenly joint heirs will be judges and will rule as kings with christ for a thousand years ..revelation 14; 1-3 , revelation 20 1-4 romans 8;17 judgment day is not some hurried event lasting a mere 24 hours ,it lasts a thousand years

Popeyesays

"Could it be wrong to think too much about what you will get for serving Christ? "

Sure its wrong - its self-centered and a Christian should be Christ-centered.

Regards,
Scott

may

During that thousand year period Jesus christ will judge the living and the dead , 2 timothy 4;1 the living will be the great crowd that survives armageddon . revelation 7; 9-17 The apostle John also saw the dead ....... standing be fore the throne of judgment . As Jesus promised ,those in the memorial tombs will hear christs voice and come out by means of a resurrection. John 5;28-29 Acts 24; 15 But on what basis will all be judged ? According to the apostle Johns vision , scrolls were opened and the dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds , are these scrolls the record of peoples past deeds ? No, the judgements will not focus on what people did before they died .How do we know that? The bible says ...... He who has died has been acquitted from his sin romans 6;7 those resurrected thus come to life with a clean slate ,so to speak. the scrolls must therefore represent Gods further requirements, To live forever ,both Armageddon survivers and the resurrected ones will have to obey Gods commandments ,including whatever new requirements Jehovah might reveal during the thousand years So individuals will be judged on the basis of what they do DURING judgement day

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
As I understand it, Judgement Day is not a day at all, but actually three days, of reflection on one's life. It's not so much like a courtroom where you are sentenced if guilty and set free if you are innocent, it is more like an evalution to determine if you qualify for advancement, or need to go back for more training.

kassi

There is alot of misconception. Christ tasted death for all ( you die once and then the judgment} Judgment began after the preaching of the gospel and it first began with the chrurch and has continued until now and if judgment begins with the believers what will be the end of those who do not believe. There is Day appointed for the destruction of ungodly men. We all will be rewarded with either life or destruction.

Evandr2

kassi said:
There is alot of misconception. Christ tasted death for all ( you die once and then the judgment} Judgment began after the preaching of the gospel and it first began with the chrurch and has continued until now and if judgment begins with the believers what will be the end of those who do not believe. There is Day appointed for the destruction of ungodly men. We all will be rewarded with either life or destruction.

I do believe that it is not that simple. It requires greater comment than I will give here. If you are interested in my views, having studied the Bible for many years, please visit my website - faithandevidence.com and read the 14th evidence under chapter headings.

Warmest regards
Vandr

may

Judgement day will give billions of people their first opportunity to learn about Gods will and to conform to it . this means that a large-scale educational work will take place, indeed ,righteousness is what the inhabitants of the productive land will certainly learn Isaiah 26;9 however ,not all will be willing to conform to Gods will.Isaiah 26;10 says.........though the wicked one should be shown favour ,he simply will not learn righteousness.In the land of straightforwardness he will act unjustly and will not see the eminence of Jehovah. These wicked ones will be put to death permanently during judgement day ISAIAH 65;20

kassi

Evandr2 said:
I do believe that it is not that simple. It requires greater comment than I will give here. If you are interested in my views, having studied the Bible for many years, please visit my website - faithandevidence.com and read the 14th evidence under chapter headings.

Warmest regards
Vandr
Thanks, I also Know its not that simple but hope what I say will cause people to search the sriptures with a different perspective. I will check your website out, thanks again.

Evandr2

kassi said:
Thanks, I also Know its not that simple but hope what I say will cause people to search the sriptures with a different perspective. I will check your website out, thanks again.

Thanks Kassi, I look forward to your views on what I have put together at faithandevidence.com

Vandr

may

by the end of the judgement day, surviving humans will have ....come to life..... fully as perfect humans .revelation 20;5 judgement day will thus see the restoration of mankind to its original perfect state . 1 corinthians 15;24-28 then a final test will take place .satan will be released from his imprisonment and allowed to try to mislead mankind one last time. revelation 20;3,7-10 those who resist him will enjoy the complete fullfillment of the bibles promise .......the righteous themselves will possess the earth , and they will reside forever upon it........ psalm 37;29 yes judgement day will be a blessing to all FAITHFUL mankind

kassi

Popeyesays said:
"Could it be wrong to think too much about what you will get for serving Christ? "

Sure its wrong - its self-centered and a Christian should be Christ-centered.

Regards,
Scott
I dont think its wrong at all. The resurrection from the dead,righteousness and eternal glory are all rewards of serving him and every believer should be hoping and looking forward to these things. The laborer is worthy of his wages.