• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judge

King Phenomenon

If someone is personally against abortion and homosexuality but politically is pro choice and supports gay rights are they personally judgeing situations for themselves or are they judging individuals in your opinion? I think it's definately judging situations, not people.

Last edited:

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
I think what they are trying to say is what is best for everybody doesn't represent how I personally feel about them.

My mom is pro-choice but would never get an abortion. I know a lot of women who feel the same way.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
If someone is personally against abortion and homosexuality but politically is pro choice and supports gay rights are they personally judgeing situations for themselves or are they judging individuals in your opinion? I think it's definately judging situations, not people.
I think folks find it perhaps more “comforting” to condemn that which they do not support. But true empathy and compassion means allowing others to engage in acts which you yourself do not personally approve of. Like abortion, like “the gay lifestyle” (whatever that means) and even religion.
To support those freedoms is to support political positions that grant their, for lack of a better word, allowance in society.