• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judaism

Harmonious

Our friend, like many other Muslims likes to trot out, completely without context, Jeremiah 8:8, and refuses to consider anything at variance to his "understanding."
And to validate Muhammad to Jews, I've often seen trotted out Deuteromony 18:15.

roger1440

I do stuff
Any answer would be a kind of circular reasoning. The truth of Judaism is in the Jews which points back to Judaism. Judaism is true to the Jews because it defines what a Jew is. The Hebrew word for “truth” is closely related to the Hebrew word for “faith”.

Why must birds have feathers? Cause critters with feathers are birds.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Our friend, like many other Muslims likes to trot out, completely without context, Jeremiah 8:8, and refuses to consider anything at variance to his "understanding."
I made the same observation yesterday and wondered why this characteristic seems to be especially prevalent among Muslims.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I made the same observation yesterday and wondered why this characteristic seems to be especially prevalent among Muslims.
"Confirmation bias" as all too many of them simply try to discredit both Jews and Judaism by cherry-picking the Tanakh and ignoring all the rest of what's found within.

Tumah

Veteran Member
"Confirmation bias" as all too many of them simply try to discredit both Jews and Judaism by cherry-picking the Tanakh and ignoring all the rest of what's found within.
Yeah, but Christians cherry-pick all the time. I'm talking about a complete refusal to relate to any bit of information that contradicts their belief. Do you remember the "Muhammad in Song of Songs" threads? I just got the feeling they were not engaging with the response at all.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Yeah, but Christians cherry-pick all the time. I'm talking about a complete refusal to relate to any bit of information that contradicts their belief. Do you remember the "Muhammad in Song of Songs" threads? I just got the feeling they were not engaging with the response at all.
I don't remember those threads, but I agree with what you're saying in general. On one of the recent threads (it may have been this one), whereas there was an attack on the accuracy of the Tanakh, I mentioned about how could one tell that it is inaccurate without having the original manuscripts, plus just how accurate is the Qu'ran? There was no response to my first question, and with the second all I got back was a refusal to answer the question, saying that the thread is not about the Qu'ran.

roger1440

I do stuff
How can we prove anything? I can't prove I have great grand parents. I never met them. But I have faith in my understanding how people are made or conceived. This faith walks hand in hand with what I believe is true.

Moishe3rd

Yehudi
How do Jews prove that Judaism is the truth?
1) We don't.
(as has been mentioned)

2) I; me; personally; not inclusive of anyone else; IMHO - also don't, but.....

G-d is the G-d of History. And, I love History. I specialize in loving Religious History. And, I really love Jewish; Christian; Muslim religious History. And....
Jewish History fascinates me....
Jews are a-Historical. Jews exist outside the ordinary paradigms of History.
In this year of somebody's lord, 2015, the entire planet Earth is governed by concepts that originated in the Jewish Torah.
Jews have always been insignificant in numbers and hugely influential in every aspect of life.
Jews have always been persecuted to the point of destruction and have always remained hugely influential on every aspect of life in This World.
Jews are the only "People" who have existed for over three thousand years in obscurity and neglect that have remained a hugely influential "People."
Statistically speaking, today, Jews do not even exist and yet - some organizations such as the UN, still believe that they are the root of all the world's problems.
The whole Kingdoms of Israel 2,000 years ago and before and the reestablishment of the Secular Jewish State of Israel thing. (This new Secular Jewish State of Israel, incidentally, fully expected, with perfectly logical reasoning, that "Judaism;" ie: "Orthodox Jews" would disappear by the mid 20th Century. Instead, "Orthodox Judaism" is growing by leaps and bounds transforming Israel and the Jewish world.)
There's a lot more but - this is all History.
Therefore, for me; as for me; "when I goooo.... I'm goin' like Elsie! Start by admitting from cradle to tomb isn't that long a stay!...." oh... sorry... channeling the wrong a-Historical Jewish influence.... (Cabaret)
Therefore, as for me - G-d is the G-d of History and He gave His Torah to the Children of Israel on Mt. Sinai.

Last edited:

roger1440

I do stuff
Both Christianity and Judaism are based on relationships. We can not see God, but we can see how God works in us by how we relate to others. We are part of the world, not apart from the world. The word religion means to “rejoin”.

roger1440

I do stuff
Relationship between Christianity and Judaism?

Regards

No. How we relate to our fellow man reflects how we relate to God. No one can love God and hate there fellow man. God’s presence in us is manifested by our actions towards our neighbor. Look closely at the Ten Commandments. They can be broken down into two subcategories. Five deals with our fellow man, the other five deal with God. Each subcategory reflects the other. What is commonly overlooked looked with the Ten Commandants is the preamble to them.

"I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.” (Exodus 20:2) This verse demands from the reader that he/she knows the story of the Exodus. Without this knowledge the reader could not make any sense from, “out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery”. God’s plan for the Jews is to transform them from a nation of slaves into a holy and righteous nation.