• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judaism: Book of Exodus neither written by Moses nor dictated by him

Juhurka

Dude read Exodus! Its in third person style!

Why would Moses Pbuh talk like that in third person about himself? Lol

I did read it, in Hebrew the original text, have you? Just reading it is also not enough, you need to have the knowledge of the Hebrew language to even try to challenge it and in addition there are books and books of oral tradition on every sentence, on every word on every letter that was passed down from Moshe Rabeinu on Mount Sanai to father to son. My father passed it to me and his father passed it to him.

Your attempts to prove my religion is better than yours leads only to embarrassment, your local imam might teach you much about islam but his education level is not good enough to learn Judaism and he probably never did so your desire to be a pious muslim and run out there and preach how good you are and how wrong everyone is pointless. I know my Judaism and I have no respect for uneducated missionaries.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Well, I love Jews....

biglaugh.gif
biglaugh.gif
biglaugh.gif

jonathan180iq

It is an account compiled by narrators/scribes/clergy collected/written in third person:

11. One day, when Moses had grown up, he went out to his people and looked on their burdens; and he saw an Egyptian beating a Hebrew, one of his people.
12 . He looked this way and that, and seeing no one he killed the Egyptian and hid him in the sand.
(Ex. 2:11-12)
Open for Theists and Atheists alike.

Regards

NEWS FLASH! All Abrahamic religions are founded on mythology and unsubstantiated historical claims...

So what? Don't flaws in the Pentateuch also pose a serious problem for the foundation of Islam?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
Jesus also wrote nothing; and he also did not dictate anything.
Did he?
Dunno. Who cares? You could ask in the Christianity DIR
One mentioned about Jesus and scribes in this thread so I mentioned that Jesus did neither write anything nor dictate anything.
Regards

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
Did he?

One mentioned about Jesus and scribes in this thread so I mentioned that Jesus did neither write anything nor dictate anything.
Regards

That just relates to the Gospels. I think that Jesus probably did write things, they just may not be in the Bible.
//hence, dunno, who cares

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
It funny. Because we all know this paarsurrey believe in Quran. A book supposedly dictated by god , who speaks in third person, who has his dictated book put together incorrectly, and a religion who follows supposed traditions written down after generations of story telling.

And then has the chutzpah to say our religion is fake and curroptes by scribes and scholars.

Am I the only one to find the irony here hilarious

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
It funny. Because we all know this paarsurrey believe in Quran. A book supposedly dictated by god , who speaks in third person, who has his dictated book put together incorrectly, and a religion who follows supposed traditions written down after generations of story telling.

And then has the chutzpah to say our religion is fake and curroptes by scribes and scholars.

Am I the only one to find the irony here hilarious
But if you bring that up, as I have done previously, all he'll just say the we need to stay on topic. :rolleyes:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
Did he?

Regards

Oh, dictate. No I think that Scribes just wrote what He said. Not like an actual dictation.
Many if not most Chrisitains, think that the Gospels were written long after the fact, by who knows. So, if you want their perspective, that would be for the DIR, since I don't agree with them

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
If the text is dictated by god to Moses, and god often speaks in the third person ,then Moses' appearance in 3rd person is not so shocking.

What? o_O

Why would YHVH need to dictate to MOSES what MOSES was doing - in the third person?

Jewish scholars agree that these were written later by other people.