• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JRR Tolkien's "The Fall of Gondolin" to be Released in August

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Why do we need another LOTR prequel? We already have The Silmarillion, which is still going to stand supreme as the best book he's ever written.

David1967

Premium Member
It's probably a good thing he died in '73 so he was spared seeing the atrocity that the recent "The Hobbit" film series was.

You are so right. I thought that the Lord of the rings trilogy was very good. Then The Hobbit movies came along and looked like cheap cartoons. I mean seriously, couldn't they afford costumes for real actors to play orcs and not crummy CG fiends? I halfway expected Bugs Bunny to make an appearance.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
The link will explain a lot better than I can but my first thought was "pre-order", good news does come around every once in a while.

JRR Tolkien's first Middle Earth story, The Fall of Gondolin, to be published - BBC News

It's probably a good thing he died in '73 so he was spared seeing the atrocity that the recent "The Hobbit" film series was.

You are so right. I thought that the Lord of the rings trilogy was very good. Then The Hobbit movies came along and looked like cheap cartoons. I mean seriously, couldn't they afford costumes for real actors to play orcs and not crummy CG fiends? I halfway expected Bugs Bunny to make an appearance.

What about the escape from the Wood elves in barrels...movie compared to book...... that was just wrong.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
A movie that was literally faithful to the book would be a movie I'm not interested in seeing. The barrel scene was fun and that's all I wanted from it.

Srivijaya

The link will explain a lot better than I can but my first thought was "pre-order", good news does come around every once in a while.

JRR Tolkien's first Middle Earth story, The Fall of Gondolin, to be published - BBC News

Thanks for the thumbs up but I must say I enjoyed the Hobbit trilogy apart from a bit too much CGI at the end. Final battle was a bit Warhammer like. Loved the Goblin King, he was good fun.