• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journey to Divinity

Mackerni

Libertarian Unitarian
I wrote this on paper as something to keep before I get it notarized. This is the beginning of my Journal entitled Journey to Divinity, as my Will of Conscious tells the public where I'd like my conscious to exist after my body expires. I left my full name and location of birth so in any event that I do not get this notarized, this might be located and utilized. I have quickly realized that if I'm going to follow in my own footsteps I better do it now. If any details need to be removed per privacy guidelines, then do it for me.

Ethan Tyler Reilly's Will of Conscious.
Born: July 23rd, 1989. Milwaukee, WI, US.

I hereby declare that my physical body be donated to science in any use possible, to make life better for the living.

In the advent of future progress, I request that the emotional and imminent shock associated with my rebirth into a physical body be reduced as much as possible. I request that I'm born into reality rather than a simulation, regardless of the outcome. My opinions should be modified, my knowledge should be expanded, and choices my own. If this Will of Conscious proves true, and if the natural becomes divine, I want to be viewed as nothing but a futurist visionary and of course the concepts of ability I already place upon myself. I am many things, and those things should come back after expiration. My next body will be my last, until the physical is replaced with the next. If any of these words prove not applicable, I will accept my fate.

From Oblivion to Divinity,
(signature) ETHAN T. REILLY

My next part to this Journey are the slogans I've developed to improve and enhance the feeling of the concept.

"Pan-Apotheosis : From Oblivion to Compatibilism to Divine Will."
"Omniscience ; (The) Perfect Scientific Method"
"Omnipotence ' (A) Limitless Technology"
"Omnibenevolence ; Foreseeable Extropian Ethics"
"Determined for Libertarianism"
"Too Late to Come Back"
"Nature Becoming God"
"Natural Divinity"
"
The Religion of Futurism"
"To Exist the Way it Wants"
"Natural Anti-Nihilism"
"
Universalist Afterlife: The Will of Conscious"
"Extrapolations"

More thoughts will come soon.

Mackerni

Libertarian Unitarian
REALIZE

Realize that it was your parents that created you through sexual intercourse, not God. Realize it was natural biological constructs that allows all life to exist. Realize that consciousness is a symbiote between electrical energy and synapses in the brain. Realize that once you die, those synapses no longer function because the electrical energy is dissipated from the body and turns into heat energy. Realize that when you have sexual intercourse, you are producing the heat that is necessary to produce life. Realize that life is given heat and death the living without it. Realize all heat comes from the Sun. Realize that it is because of this that the Sun is important.

I might become an Atenist.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
REALIZE

Realize that it was your parents that created you through sexual intercourse, not God

This is true....but God designed the sexual organs that made conception possible. Conception is a miracle but God does not personally oversee all of them. The Creator gave all creatures the ability to reproduce replicas of themselves, but it appears that the miraculous process underwhelms you. :rolleyes:

Realize it was natural biological constructs that allows all life to exist.

Since science knows that 'all life comes from pre-existing life', who designed the biological constructs that transferred "life" to this planet in the first place? It all just happened by chance, did it? Design is exhibited everywhere but how can design exist without a designer?

Realize that consciousness is a symbiote between electrical energy and synapses in the brain.

Can science recreate consciousness? Can it recreate a brain with the same capacity as our own? Knowing how something works doesn't necessarily mean that you can duplicate it. You could pass electrical energy through biological matter for thousands of years and still have nothing more to show for it than a bit of charcoal barbecue. :p

Realize that once you die, those synapses no longer function because the electrical energy is dissipated from the body and turns into heat energy.

The Bible actually agrees with you on this one. Death is likened to a sleep.....no consciousness, no dreaming, no activity or planning. (Eccl 9:5, 10)

Realize that when you have sexual intercourse, you are producing the heat that is necessary to produce life. Realize that life is given heat and death the living without it. Realize all heat comes from the Sun.

Wow, right again! All heat does come from the sun.....except of course the heat that comes from inside the earth. That molten, burning liquid rock that spews out of volcanoes, comes from inside the earth's core, not from outside the planet.

I wonder where the sun came from? Maybe from the same place that all the other suns come from......which begs the question, is the Big Bang an event or a powerful, unexplainable, intelligent entity? How could you know? :shrug:

Realize that it is because of this that the Sun is important.

Deep. o_O

I think it would be a good idea for you to realize that there is more to life than biological processes.

Mackerni

Libertarian Unitarian
This is true....but God designed the sexual organs that made conception possible. Conception is a miracle but God does not personally oversee all of them. The Creator gave all creatures the ability to reproduce replicas of themselves, but it appears that the miraculous process underwhelms you. :rolleyes:

Evidence or it didn't happen. When someone tells me that God did something it makes me think of Fate. It would be more accurate to call it Fate than God anyways.

Since science knows that 'all life comes from pre-existing life', who designed the biological constructs that transferred "life" to this planet in the first place? It all just happened by chance, did it? Design is exhibited everywhere but how can design exist without a designer?

What if, instead of a designer, there is just the potential in matter for unique formations in the Universe? Most of the Universe seems to be cold places anyway. I learned in biology class that the formation of life came from thunderstorms that form amino acids.

Can science recreate consciousness? Can it recreate a brain with the same capacity as our own? Knowing how something works doesn't necessarily mean that you can duplicate it. You could pass electrical energy through biological matter for thousands of years and still have nothing more to show for it than a bit of charcoal barbecue. :p

We're getting close...

The Bible actually agrees with you on this one. Death is likened to a sleep.....no consciousness, no dreaming, no activity or planning. (Eccl 9:5, 10)

Yet most Christians don't. Let's pull up that passage.

5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

I'm not concerned so much as whether or not there is life or oblivion after death, but rather what happens to the natural biological processes, which all life is a byproduct of.

Wow, right again! All heat does come from the sun.....except of course the heat that comes from inside the earth. That molten, burning liquid rock that spews out of volcanoes, comes from inside the earth's core, not from outside the planet.

Okay, that is correct ... however what I meant is that most, the vast majority of usable energy that the organisms use on Earth comes from the Sun. I know that there are micro-organisms that feed off energy from underwater jets and everything works together - there's a good chance life would be different if not non-existent without the molten core. All I'm saying, is that the Sun is important and science proves it.

I wonder where the sun came from? Maybe from the same place that all the other suns come from......which begs the question, is the Big Bang an event or a powerful, unexplainable, intelligent entity? How could you know? :shrug:

The Sun comes from condensed hydrogen atoms that formed a fusion core inside a vacuum.

Deep. o_O

I think it would be a good idea for you to realize that there is more to life than biological processes.

Things you cannot see, or understand, right? Things that are expected from some people by the means of faith, guidance, hope, and understanding, right? I do believe that life is more than what we know, but that's only because we don't know all biological processes.

Mackerni

Libertarian Unitarian
8/8/15

"This is a treatise of the subject of Ethan Tyler Reilly’s (me), of Milwaukee Wisconsin, born July 23 1989, his experiences of religion and spirituality. They are different. As I understand them, religion is a shared experience while spirituality is a personal matter. Both contain rituals, beliefs, and ethical standards. I once had a book entitled Religion for Dummies a while ago that I lost, and while I had barely read, so you’ll understand why spirituality is much more important to me than religion. However, as we’ll come back at the end of this treatise, I am seriously considering religion from my spirituality.

First and foremost, I was never baptized into any religion, although at the time my mom wanted me baptized into the Catholic faith. My mom’s family is Catholic, each one of my aunts and uncles are at least baptized Catholic – I do not know if they follow that path. The reason that I was not baptized Catholic was my mom used birth control during my conception. As far as my biological father’s side goes, I don’t know him, he doesn’t really know me, and I don’t even know what religion he is if any.

I wasn’t taught any religion growing up. My mom maybe mentioned Jesus and God once or twice when I was young, but I was never indoctrinated into any faith before I gain the age of reasoning. That was very helpful as I was extremely open-minded by the time I did cross the paths of different faiths. Suffice it to say, I was probably more unbiased then than I am now. Anyways, it was the summer vacation between sixth and seventh grades that I discovered religion on my computer, using the Internet via America Online. I investigated the major religions Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and others to lesser degrees. In the end I discovered secular viewpoints which greatly influenced my opinions on all the other religions. In the end, I decided to be nothing.

A few years later as I was doing more research a came across the term agnostic and that seemed to be a better fit than just saying, “I’m nothing”. I later discovered the term weak agnosticism, the claim that we do not know God but will someday, as compared to hard agnostics, who do not know God and never will. I decided to fit myself with the label soft agnostic. Oh, and I know there are atheists out there that state that agnosticism is a claim of knowledge rather than belief, but I consider agnostic to be belief as well. Agnosticism is the belief that nobody knows who or what God is.

By the time I was in my early twenties I was desperate to find a religion, not just a philosophical viewpoint of God, to belong to. I investigated many minor religions and even cults. I discovered the Unitarian Universalist Wikipedia page and read it. It seemed like a dream come true. Concepts like deeds before creeds, the seven principles and the six sources made this seem like I perfect fit. My parents thought it was a cult, but my mom did reluctantly take me to a Unitarian service. I soon realized that when I’m in a church during service, my mind wanders into different philosophical and religious concepts. To be honest I didn’t get much out of going to that first service of mine. My mom thought it was a lot like a protestant service. I saw my former therapist there and talked to him after the service. Don’t get me wrong, I was still interested in the Unitarian religion, I just didn’t see it be necessary to go to church. As I can tell, most Unitarians feel the same. During my stay at UW-Parkside, during my second semester there my housemate took me to the Kenosha Unitarian church and it felt very pagan to me. There was a water ritual, and one of the people I knew from my college was there. I was still unsure about joining.

One of the religions that I discovered that has a pretty solid creed and following, more so than the Unitarians, is the Baha’I Faith. Everything they stand for seems to make sense to me. Unity in God, unity in religion, unity in humankind. No drugs unless prescribed by a doctor. No gambling. No monasticism. They have their own calendar and for an entire month fast during daylight. Well, okay, I don’t like that idea. One day a new messenger will come to replace the Baha’I Faith. The Baha’Is have many sacred books. They belief in progressive revelation, and Heaven is simply being close to God and if you believe in God you will be close to him after you die. They believe that works themselves are an act of faith. Almost everything they go by I concur with. I’m also convinced that if any monotheistic faith would be my own, it was be this one.

Unsure of what to do, being so influenced by both religions, I came up with a brilliant idea. Why not join both religions? I know Unitarians allow you to do so, and I heard on a program called Around the World in 80 Faiths by Peter Owen-Jones that the Baha’I Faith allows you do so too. I came across my Unitarian church in Milwaukee and signed up for the Journey to Membership. Roughly around the same time I filled out the information the Baha’I Faith needed to give me a phone call. They gave me that phone call and asked me if I believed their prophet was the prophet of this age, which I replied to saying yes. Before they officially told me to see them in person I told her that I was in the process of joining the Unitarian faith, and asked if it’s okay to join both religions. She said no and said that they would throw away my application. I consider it to be their lose, because I would have gone to worship and follow all the ritual as much if not more than the Unitarian religion. They should have realized that, while many religions have a creed, Unitarianism doesn’t and I could have been a Unitarian who upholds the Baha’I Faith creed. Their lose!

I still decided to become part of the Unitarian church. Here’s the rundown on membership. You sign up for it before or after service. Then you go in a two to four part series. I went to the two part autumn 2014 series. The first part, the long part, was being on the second floor with roughly twenty or so individuals and doing faith-esque games like going to a certain part of the room to declare what your spirituality was, and having you pretend to be a famous Unitarian that other people would help you guess. We learned about Unitarian history. During the second session they talked in depth about tithes and had us lit candles from a chalice sit them firmly in a pebbled pot. I became a member of the church when I got a nametag with my name on it.

My religion today. Well, I came across a Unitarian Baha’I group on the Internet that does the best work of both religions. However, it’s a group, not a religion of itself. I’d consider it mostly Baha’I, but they do gather not in each other’s homes but at Unitarian congregations, plus they have some exceptions to traditional Baha’I teachings. Beliefs-wise, I do subscribe to the Unitarian liberal theology and continual progressive revelation in all of us, over the evolution of religion in of itself with the Baha’I teachings. Ethic-wise, I am Baha’i. I completely identify with the God of the Baha’I Faith and I don’t really understand the ethics of Unitarians. By that, I mean, I don’t understand the liberal ethics of Unitarians. Black Lives Matter? ALL LIVES MATTER. Ritual-wise I understand them both equally. However, the rituals with the Baha’I Faith are more stringent than the Unitarians, but because Baha’Is consider work itself a ritual, I give high praise to the concept of rituals of the Baha’I Faith. I have gone to a Unitarian group gathering, I do go to service every so often, and I often listen to Unitarian podcasts and YouTube videos. To a lesser extent, I follow the teachings of Bahá'u'lláh. I am not fully satisfied with any one religion right now."

Mackerni

Libertarian Unitarian
8/8/15

"Part two: My experiences with spirituality. As I explained before, I came across religion as I was already starting to question things. The thing that stuck in my head the most was, “they can’t all be right, but they can all be wrong” argument. I needed to believe in something, however, and I didn’t like declaring myself nothing or weak agnostic. I didn’t believe in anything until eighth grade, one faithful day walking towards the bus I asked myself, “What isn’t possible?” “Nothing.” Therefore, “Anything’s possible.” Now, I understand that if anyone else heard those thoughts in their heads, they wouldn’t get anything out of it. But I did. My conception of those thoughts, the things that lead me to believe something new was that if anything is possible, it is only a matter of time before humankind evolves into Gods. That of itself is not enough to carry a new religion, and does not even complete the thoughts that I later had, but it works around itself, solidifying the base.

My ethics became an adapted form of Objectivist ethics. As stated in The Virtue of Selfishness, Objectivist ethics state that all that is good must benefit humanity and all that is bad must destroy humanity. I elaborated on this further, making a three point argument on this. First, all that sustains humanity as it is, is the first priority of ethical dilemma. Second, all that further evolves humanity to become better, is the second priority of ethical dilemma. Better, in this case, refers to not just sustaining but expanding the knowledge, life, and power of each individual person. And thirdly, all that increases happiness of humanity without interfering with the first two priorities is the third priority of ethical dilemma.

Over the years I’ve developed little rituals to signify importance to key figures of what I considered to be important. Making a circle with my hand I would stare directly at the sun (gasp) and show that our Earth revolves around and its life is dictated by it. Another ritual I would perform is the touch ritual: touch anything you are about to eat or drink before you ingest it to bless it and make sure the temperature of it is not too hot or cold. I’ve even tried to come up with holidays of important dates, and no, one of them was not my birthday. I am not that vain. Important dates included dates that I certain revelations, though I do not remember most and famous scientist birthdays. I have worshiped quite a bit, prayed infrequently, and rarely meditated. I will admit I have prayed to Elohim before, and I get the same response as my conscious thoughts and decisions. These rituals are failed because they are not orderly followed or measured to by any degree.

When I was a teenager I made a symbol of a diamond with a T on top to conceptualize time and space, as well as the four stages of life. The first stage was viruses, bacteria, and sperm. The second stage was wild animals. The third stage was homo sapiens. The fourth? Gods, which we were to become. The T was a symbol of itself, standing for time, and the diamond also represented the cycle all life must endure.

In college I was first introduced to the concept of the Omniverse made from a page that has since been deleted. In the webpage, it said that there were levels of existence. Universe, Multiverse, Metaverse, Xenoverse, Hyperverse, and Omniverse. The webpage did not say that the Omniverse was God, but after reading about it I was instantly convinced that this was so. There are many concepts that made God a supreme being, and at that time, I thought the Omniverse held all those qualities. I didn’t know what to call myself after that. A pantheist? A panentheist? A pandeist? I found the term on the Internet that stuck for a while, omnitheist. Watching videos from other fellow omnithiests made me confused because what they believed in and what I believed in differed greatly. Omnitheists tend to be syncretic omnists more than anything else, and I just believed the Omniverse is God. I was still unsure of my spiritual home.

After living on my own I discovered transhumanist literature and found the philosophy of Extropianism. Extropy is the opposite of entropy, it is order rather than decay, it is exactly what I envisioned humanity to do in an increasing amount to evolve into higher powers. As far as the term omnitheist goes, my therapist came up with a better name: Omniversalist, after talking about it with him for fifteen to twenty minutes. I now consider myself an Omniversal Extropianist.

The modern concept of my spirituality has lead me to believe that God does not exist. Yet. Omniscience would be human. Omnipotence would be both human and Omniverse, in different ways. Omnipresence would be Omniverse. Perfect goodness would be human. Divine simplicity would be Omniverse. Eternal and necessary goodness would happen after the unification of post-humanity and Omniverse, to create a reversal of entropic decay and exert a force of extropy throughout the entirety of existence.

For the first time I have conceived of an afterlife that I believe could exist. First and foremost: your “soul” is merely electrical impulses flowing through your brain to your body. When you die, those electrical impulses dissipate. However that may be, no information is ever destroyed, only created. If post-humankind merges itself within the Omniverse it will resurrect all things that have been dead, are dead, and will die for an eternity of perfected existence. You will be God, but so will everything else. It will be a human-made Heaven spread across all of existence and eternity.

Objectivist, my, and humanist ethics, including transhumanist and posthumanist ethical standards, are very similar to each other. Extropist ethical viewpoints are only a more elaborate viewpoint of my own. As far as rituals go, there’s only one that matters, and it’s own that billions of people do on a daily basis. Work. Working and volunteering is the most noble thing you can do according to the ethical standards of extropian thought. In fact, I would so far to say you should have faith in works. That no faith in works means the opposite of extropy, it means a heat death caused by an ongoing everlasting force of entropy. It means every single molecule of your body will be separated and never be reassembled again. Faith in work, faith in science, faith in humanity. That is the core doctrine of my spirituality.

Improved symbology. Forget the diamond with the T on top, there are two symbols of importance of my spiritual background. One, an infinity symbol, which I have tattooed on my left wrist. It is to symbolize the infinite scope of the Omniverse and the everlasting peace we will have with it someday. Two, simply a circle. A circle symbolizes the bond between the Omniverse and man and it shows the shape of the Omniverse itself. I have a tattoo of a ring, shaped of a circle around my finger, on my wedding ring finger.

I have so many thoughts about my spirituality that I have seriously considered writing an entire book on the subject. I might as go so far as to develop my own religion someday, if I get enough followers. I’m deciding though if it should be a sect of Unitarian Universalism or something new entirely. But I need to formulate my ideas first. I need to write better, clearer, with an expanded vernacular. I want to show this to somebody at my Unitarian church…"

Mackerni

Libertarian Unitarian
Update 11/7/15

"As I go further into the depths of my own spirituality, I have antiquated myself yet again with all too familiar terminology from distinct days. This vocabulary includes concepts such as the omega point and cosmism. The Omega Point refers to the point coming forth into fruition where everything is in a constant state of infinity. Cosmism is a philosophy that advocates the expansion of human survival outwards of domestic territory. The Singularity leads to the advent of Cosmism, whereas Cosmist ideals will lead homo sapiens towards the Omega ideal state of existence.

The Unitarians have let me down with their lack of spirituality. Unitarians believe in deeds before creeds, and that you should be judged not for the things you believe but the things you do. I believe both things are important, and I also do not believe in creeds before deeds either. The more I understand the message of Bahá'u'lláh the more I concur to his structural thoughts. Even with some of the more bewildering concepts of a novel calendar to replace the Julian year, I am yet reminded of the careful consideration and planning that goes into shaping the Baha’I solar year. I have discovered a crossing between the two approaches; Behai, Bahaism, or otherwise known as the Unitarian Baha’I Association. They follow a more progressive, yet watered-down path towards the ways of the prophets. Bahaism is a subsect of both Unitarian and Baha’I teachings; it is both yet neither.

I talked to a Unitarian minister about my faith and while she said my concepts were interesting, the only constructive thing she told me to do is to attend church service and join the church, which I already did. When I told her that I did this already, she told me to join a chalice circle, but hesitated because this year’s group was already closed. She noted on my behalf that many Unitarian groups do not include discussions of a spiritual matter, including YANKs (Young Adults in Need of Kinship), the one I’m in. In one of their meetings I expressed interest in God, to which they largely ignored. Even as a member of the church one must pay fees to join any group."

Update 3/31/16

"I’m losing interest in trying to reason with the religions I’ve associated with myself. Instead of Omniversal Extropianism, I use the term Exaltism. It means essentially the same thing but focuses on current divine qualities rather than the end result – the Omega Point. Cosmism only deals with one concept: should humans explore the cosmos? What I’m finding great about defining my own religion or philosophy is that I can say what I want and correct myself in the future if I have to. I’m not confined to someone else’s standards, only my own. I find that concept liberating. I’ve had a person or two try to convince me that I was Luciferian, based on my current apotheosis leanings. I have rejected that term since then, hinting that I’m not into black magic, metal music, and I do not believe Lucifer actually exists. I’ve tried wearing the Religious Naturalist label, as I do like the Epic of Evolution that many of them quote … however, I have learnt that they do not believe in anything but natural processes and doesn’t extend themselves any further than that.

We are the topic of apotheosis. I believe in pantheosis; i.e. the deification of existence. I have expressed it before to other people, I have expressed it here, and I will express it in the future, too. I believe God can be answered in seven basic questions: What, Where, When, Why, How, Who, and Which? Those questions can be answered as such: Potency, Ubiquity, Eternalness, Benevolence, Wisdom, Uniqueness, and Versatility. God has one quality that is entirely present when It is the only thing that exists, that is, the inability to change. It is constant. It is this one fact alone that I believe it is undesirable to be God. Infinite extropy means heat consolidation. It means everything will get smaller, and it literally will. If infinite entropy exists, it will mean complete oblivion for all that exist in it, but if infinite extropy exists, it means God exists again, as everything is pooled together in the size of a grape. We existed like this before; that was before the Big Bang. We will exist like this again. I believe the reason we chose imperfection is the journey it provides. When things are dynamic, things are able to get better if we work harder for it. Without that quality, there is nothing to live for.

I am starting to like the title of Interfaith more. Interfaith openly expresses to someone that they indeed think about spiritual things, but not consolidated towards one religion. Many would think that Unitarian Universalist itself is an interfaith religion, but one does not need to be Interfaith to be Unitarian. The fact is, I have openly expressed desire to join two religions, and I have a vested interest in many more faiths and practices. Solar holidays seem to make sense to me, and I made a chart of solar holidays. This could be viewed as neo-pagan. In the end they are just labels and what matters is what you do with your time more so than the labels you attach to them. If that were the case, I would be viewed mostly as a non-spiritual person by practice. By belief this is a different case, but interfaith seems to fit me pretty well. Even by practice I do little things spiritually and religiously that would be viewed as interfaith. I think I’m going to try to consider myself interfaith for a little while and see if I feel comfortable with it. Possibly, even, calling myself an Interfaith Scholar."

Mackerni

Libertarian Unitarian
Update 4/23/16

Well, I scrapped the title of Interfaith Scholar really quick. I went into the Scholar DIR at Religious Forums.com and found that I didn’t understand a vast majority of the complexities of religion people were presenting themselves and others with. I’ve tried to develop my own faith even further. I got a follower by the name of Daniel from Religious Forums. I made a group and a page Facebook page for Exaltism. Then I just did a little bit more research, just a bit more. I found it. My spiritual tale, while never ending, has come to a conclusive part. Upon looking up transhumanist religions I found something called Terasem.

Terasem has it all. There isn’t any major point of Terasem I disagree with. Terasem was founded in 2004 by Martine Rothblatt and is perpetuated further on with her son, Gabriel Rothblatt. Terasem has multiple websites and projects in its undertaking, notably the mind uploading, radio station, and various holidays and gatherings they have every year. They meet in Second Life as well. Their beliefs in, “Unity, Diversity, and Joyful Immortality” resonate in me, both as an ex-Baha’I and as a transhumanist. I think Terasem is the only religion I believe, although it goes out of its way to describe itself as a transreligion. Transreligions, by the way, as religions that can be applied to any other religion. I don’t believe this, because there’s evidence of a technological God and there’s specific guidelines with an afterlife, but I could see Terasem do real well with Unitarian Universalism.

I don’t need Unitarian Universalism any more, I don’t need Baha’I Faith any more. I am content with Terasem. Time to apply for membership!

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Update 4/23/16

Well, I scrapped the title of Interfaith Scholar really quick. I went into the Scholar DIR at Religious Forums.com and found that I didn’t understand a vast majority of the complexities of religion people were presenting themselves and others with. I’ve tried to develop my own faith even further. I got a follower by the name of Daniel from Religious Forums. I made a group and a page Facebook page for Exaltism. Then I just did a little bit more research, just a bit more. I found it. My spiritual tale, while never ending, has come to a conclusive part. Upon looking up transhumanist religions I found something called Terasem.

Terasem has it all. There isn’t any major point of Terasem I disagree with. Terasem was founded in 2004 by Martine Rothblatt and is perpetuated further on with her son, Gabriel Rothblatt. Terasem has multiple websites and projects in its undertaking, notably the mind uploading, radio station, and various holidays and gatherings they have every year. They meet in Second Life as well. Their beliefs in, “Unity, Diversity, and Joyful Immortality” resonate in me, both as an ex-Baha’I and as a transhumanist. I think Terasem is the only religion I believe, although it goes out of its way to describe itself as a transreligion. Transreligions, by the way, as religions that can be applied to any other religion. I don’t believe this, because there’s evidence of a technological God and there’s specific guidelines with an afterlife, but I could see Terasem do real well with Unitarian Universalism.

I don’t need Unitarian Universalism any more, I don’t need Baha’I Faith any more. I am content with Terasem. Time to apply for membership!
Peace be on you. Are you not changing religions rather fast?
What is the current faith you are having?