• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journey through the mind...

imaginaryme

In August of 2005, I had a "vision from god," leading to withdrawal, unemployment, misdirection, and a downward spiral building something of a religious concept around an out-of-control obsession of Gwyneth Paltrow... stranger than fiction, no doubt.:D

I love Gwyneth, but whatever I was constructing from that love has quite literally been rent from my soul. It is too soon to map out the particulars, but I now feel the journey through the mind has been something like a viral construction intended to seek out all previous religious concepts, so that when the "Gwynnie thing" was pulled out of me Saturday, all other theology came out as well.

For instance, I have nothing at all of Christianity. Bible went in the trash can, it is a nonsense and dangerous religion for which I have no sympathy, and its practitioners should get their heads out of the clouds and their feet planted on the ground. So much for my "kinder, gentler philosophy."

Prophet is merely a label, and not a good one at that. I am an anarchist, as a label and a theme, but whatever was in my head now is pointing to the ground, and it is time to get physical. I am intending a move to Vancouver in May, getting a job, getting a life; and leaving the dreams to the dreamers.

And when I get there and settle in, I shall become a magician. Working title only... I assume the "Daughter of God" is Mother Earth, and that the "animus of serpent" is some form of "Earth Magic;" but I'm not quite sure I'm to be a sort of shaman. I am quite sure it involves getting my hands dirty in a land where there is trees in a country of which being a resident is not a stain on my soul; and where the mathematics in my conception and the spirit in the earth combine to form a science of actual reality.

From numerology to Gaia to science and engineering. Finding a way to bring down the Roman Catholic Church in the process is just an added bonus. The time for tolerance is over, the age of segregation is past. It is time for the "Sons of God" (humanity) and the "Daughter of God" (earth) to combine on the path to becoming god. The past is an illusion, there is only now.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
And when I get there and settle in, I shall become a magician. Working title only... I assume the "Daughter of God" is Mother Earth, and that the "animus of serpent" is some form of "Earth Magic;" but I'm not quite sure I'm to be a sort of shaman. I am quite sure it involves getting my hands dirty in a land where there is trees in a country of which being a resident is not a stain on my soul; and where the mathematics in my conception and the spirit in the earth combine to form a science of actual reality.
Rains a lot, too. :D

Good luck.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I am intending a move to Vancouver in May, getting a job, getting a life; and leaving the dreams to the dreamers.
That may not be a brilliant career move as the economic bubble will likely burst after we wake up with our Olympic class hangover in March 2010. You better have some much needed skills to offer employers or you will have difficulties.

Oh goody, just what we need here... another magician. Perhaps you can try your hand at local politics. ;)

From numerology to Gaia to science and engineering. Finding a way to bring down the Roman Catholic Church in the process is just an added bonus. The time for tolerance is over, the age of segregation is past. It is time for the "Sons of God" (humanity) and the "Daughter of God" (earth) to combine on the path to becoming god. The past is an illusion, there is only now.
As Patty mentioned, it rains in Vancouver - a lot - but that should be expected when one sprouts a metropolis where rain forests once stood. No one seems to have told the weather. My advise is to bring a good quality umbrella and nix the magician thing. It isn't going to fly very well.

imaginaryme

I love you guys. Thanks. I was just going to get all lippy and dramatic because, whatever else I am, I a human being; with human needs and human feelings.

Yeah, the wave of certainty that swept over me Saturday caused me to do the preaching before the practicing (it's been a theme to do the opposite, no matter), and after doing the research; it does not seem feasible to become a Canadian through the standard channels - there may be some non-standard behavior in the future, but that's not important.

The personal level of importance is that I have been wholly consistent in certain matters my entire life. I had been drawn towards the West since birth. Named myself ellen, ended up in San Diego, got "pushed back" to this desert, and now to the northwest - and, oh, yeah; it is the American rainforest - I know that much. :D

So, come May; I'll be on the bus headed towards the Seattle area. If I remain "who I am" in the legal sense, I have the absurd financial security of being a "government sponsored nutbag" for four more years. Honestly, I am "entitled" to collect Social Security for the rest of my days - there is nothing dishonest about me being a straight lunatic - but it is a matter of personal integrity that I hate "entitlement" and any form of "welfare."

But I have solved my personal "mind-body" problem, and in my equations, there is a third variable - environment. I need trees, and rain, and cold. I came here to AZ because I am used to thinking like a homeless person, and such needs nothing to survive quite well here. But now that I know who I am, what I am, and why; I'm all ready to become an otherwise normal human being -

A mathematical theologist, then. :D

But it is hardly much of a prediction that when I get to where I should be, I can get back to creating art; after a bit, Vancouver will be inviting me. No big. :D

And Ymir - I specifically said, there is no more high - :p

Karmartia

Either a mathematical theologist or a blackjack dealer, I would think. Still plenty of those jobs available in the Seattle area; good money, low stress, and lots of breaktime to spend contemplating the universe. Good luck.

MSizer

MSizer
I'm certainly not trying to discourage you - definately not, but I just would like to point out the real estate costs in Vancouver - they're absolutely insane. I don't mean to assume you haven't already looked into it, but just in case you hadn't yet, man, the house prices just don't even make sense.

imaginaryme

Yeah, I keep hearing that. Vancouver is expensive. But if I stay American for a bit, I don't have to look for work just yet, I can see if I'm an artist in the capital A sense that everyone seems to credit me as being. Making ridiculous money as an artist, spending ridiculous money on housing - sounds like balance to me. :D

imaginaryme

Perhaps it is worth mentioning, the last time I did LSD, I named myself ellen january. :D

I cannot be an advocate of drug use, as I have found precisely zero others who can use drugs like I do - and currently, the list is nicotine, caffeine, aspirin, and alcohol - but it is "curious" to note that at a young age, I discovered that the science of agriculture was developed specifically so that "the priests could get high;" yet recent debate into the source of such data indicates that a process of "historical revision" is underway...