• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Journey of the Soul and idea of physical resurrection

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
1 John 3:7 Little children, let no one deceive you: The one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as Christ is righteous. 8 The one who practices sin is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the very start. This is why the Son of God was revealed, to destroy the works of the devil. 9Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.…

Perfect passage to show you where the devil is.

Your choice be of God or choose not to be of God. All evil is man turning away from God to his lower nature.

"...Every good thing is of God, and every evil thing is from yourselves. Will ye not comprehend? This same truth hath been revealed in all the Scriptures, if ye be of them that understand...." Baha'u'llah

Regards Tony

2ndpillar

Perfect passage to show you where the devil is.

Your choice be of God or choose not to be of God. All evil is man turning away from God to his lower nature.

"...Every good thing is of God, and every evil thing is from yourselves. Will ye not comprehend? This same truth hath been revealed in all the Scriptures, if ye be of them that understand...." Baha'u'llah

Regards Tony

The evil guy, the serpent, devil, is the guy who got your mother Eve to eat from your hallowed tree of good and evil. Your false prophet Baha, born of Islam, follows Paul, and Muhammad. The fruit of those trees shows the character of their parent tree. And as Paul says about himself and those who would follow his example, "nothing good dwells in me" (Romans 7:18). According to 1 John 3:8, that would make your father the "devil"/serpent/dragon/Satan. But don't worry, apparently the "many" follow along side of you (Matthew 7:13).

2ndpillar

I believe according to the context the virgins are present as an end time event not Heaven and only if the person is defending Islam which in truth is not what terrorists are doing

You failed to present your source. The only "end time" "ravishing" of the women in "Jerusalem", that I am aware of, is recorded in (Zechariah 14:2), which would coincide with Har-Magedon (Revelation 16:13-16). Nothing says the women were "virgins", or in one interpretation, "sweet dates". This just prior to their "flesh will rot while they stand on their feet" (Zechariah 14:12).

2ndpillar

I believe we have had more than one body over time. Think of it as a gift from God.

I think the Hindus believe the same. Their worry is about coming back as a rat. Therefore they feed their rats, as they would feed their mother who recently died. Not that the "white throne judgment" doesn't have similar judgments, but if it were true, I would regard it as a judgment, and not a gift. I you came back as a New York rat, there might be plenty of food, but the living conditions might be less than nice. Plus, while in the sewers, you have to deal with alligators and lice.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Did Christ have a physical body before marry was pregnant with Him? Does God the Father have a physical body? If yes, where in scriptures? If no, then why not, if having physical body is required to be alive and important?
What kind of substance is "spirit" made out of? Can it be seen? Can it be touched? Does it have thoughts and desires? If so, does it have a brain?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Of course it does not have a brain.
Hmmm? So we are to worship a brain-less invisible entity that no one has seen nor touched? But this spirit stuff that makes up God, how is it different than the spirit stuff that people have?

Remté

Hmmm? So we are to worship a brain-less invisible entity that no one has seen nor touched? But this spirit stuff that makes up God, how is it different than the spirit stuff that people have?
Brain is an organ. God hasn't a body. If he doesn't need a body he doesn't need a brain.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Brain is an organ. God hasn't a body. If he doesn't need a body he doesn't need a brain.
Well thanks for chiming in, but I was hoping for one of the Baha'is to respond. But it seems like we are supposed to believe that this invisible spirit stuff can think and create physical stuff. That it is all-knowing and all-loving, but created a world that is filled with hate and anger and allows us to die of diseases and from killing each other. And, if the Bible stories are factual, some that have died were at his command.

Muffled

Jesus in me
'We' as in everyone?

I believe most of us on earth have lived many lives, some more than others. My wife spent a lot of time in Heaven until she fell in love with me there and followed me to earth because I like life better than Heaven. I think there may be alien worlds with eternal life so they don't go through this and we are going to get eternal life with Jesus some time in the future, maybe soon.

Muffled

Jesus in me
You failed to present your source. The only "end time" "ravishing" of the women in "Jerusalem", that I am aware of, is recorded in (Zechariah 14:2), which would coincide with Har-Magedon (Revelation 16:13-16). Nothing says the women were "virgins", or in one interpretation, "sweet dates". This just prior to their "flesh will rot while they stand on their feet" (Zechariah 14:12).

I believe the Qu'ran is th esource of the virgins of course.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Well thanks for chiming in, but I was hoping for one of the Baha'is to respond. But it seems like we are supposed to believe that this invisible spirit stuff can think and create physical stuff. That it is all-knowing and all-loving, but created a world that is filled with hate and anger and allows us to die of diseases and from killing each other. And, if the Bible stories are factual, some that have died were at his command.

I believe this was not the world He created. This is the world that has emerged and needs to be restored to the original creation.

I believe humans were created to die and be reincarnated, so death is not an aberration.

I believe this happens in opposition to God's command.

I believe it is true that God punishes sin sometimes with death.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
I believe this was not the world He created. This is the world that has emerged and needs to be restored to the original creation.

I believe humans were created to die and be reincarnated, so death is not an aberration.

I believe this happens in opposition to God's command.

I believe it is true that God punishes sin sometimes with death.
Thanks, but still no Baha'i response? Oh well, anyway... If God didn't create this world who did? If God knows all, then he knew what would "emerge". I don't have a problem with reincarnation. I think it would be much more fair to give everybody a chance at living in different situations. However, many Christians and Baha'is believe there is only one chance at this life and that's it. But how is that fair to those that are born into terrible situations or die young from disease or violence? So I'm with you on reincarnation. But, if the Baha'i Faith is the truth, then supposedly they have the real truth... one shot at life and that's it.

Clear

Premium Member
Most Holy Books teaches human has a soul. The Books also talk about a future event, when there will be resurrection of the dead.

For those who believe in these Books, that human has a soul, which lives on after the death of body, and eventually on the day of judgment comes to the physically resurrected body:
How does this idea logially make sense to you?
Why would God resurrect the body physically and return the soul to it, if the soul by itself can just lives on?

Hi InvestigateTruth

I think your question is interesting. I assume that you are asking why the unembodied spirit/soul of a person (after the body dies) is given a material body in the resurrection if the spirit exists perfectly independently of a body. (I hope I understood your question).

I do not know why there would HAVE to be a body given to a spirit but I assume it has to do with the fact that the universe is, to a large part material and much of the processes going on have to do with material beings interacting with material things.

I think the reason that early Judeo-Christian material worldview was abandoned by some of the later Christian theories and their movements had to do with the attempt to enhance a transcendent theory of what God was like (including the idea that he doesn’t directly come in contact with material or directly work with matter). One of the first things the apostle Peter tells the convert Clement (in recognitions) is that "we (christians) do not believe matter is inherently evil". Perhaps this early theory of matter and an association with evil was the origin of the religious theory of ex-nihilo creation (i.e. a material universe made of “nothing”) and why the earlier worldview of material creation was abandoned by some later religious movement.

I believe that the idea of “immaterial matter” of later Christian movements is less rational, less logical than the early concept of material creation. The Pistis Sophia, for example, speaks of the spirit itself as “self willed matter”. The concept of the spirit itself being a finer type of material is, I think, more rational and logical than it being made of "nothing".

In any case, I assume that the early Judeo-Christian concept of the individual spirits of mankind receiving material bodies in the resurrection has to do with the fact that we will always be interacting with materials in ways that will bring greater joy and satisfaction and that there is something about having a Glorified and powerful and perfected body that will bring more joy to us in the eternities than simply existing in the form of a spirit.

For example, I can certainly exist without a material car, but my life is better with it. Perhaps the body is another tool for the spirit. I don't really know. It’s the best concept I have until I have better data.

Good luck coming up with your own models that help you make sense of these things.

Clear
ακτζδρω

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Thanks, but still no Baha'i response? Oh well, anyway... If God didn't create this world who did? If God knows all, then he knew what would "emerge". I don't have a problem with reincarnation. I think it would be much more fair to give everybody a chance at living in different situations. However, many Christians and Baha'is believe there is only one chance at this life and that's it. But how is that fair to those that are born into terrible situations or die young from disease or violence? So I'm with you on reincarnation. But, if the Baha'i Faith is the truth, then supposedly they have the real truth... one shot at life and that's it.

I believe the world was created by God and was good but todays world is defiled by evil which comes from Satan.

There is some truth to that: Matt 19:30 But many who are first will be last, and the last first.

I believe Christians believe that because of misinterpretation and Baha'is because they rely on religious philosophy instead of the Word of God.

I believe God judges whether a person has been punished or rewarded enough in this life or needs to be in the next. Most people believed a person suffering from terrible situations must have sinned in his previous life. That is an assumption as Jesus pointed out there could be other reasons.