• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kelly of the Phoenix

Hi, everyone!

I'd like to offer my take on a country that had split from its parent country, assumed it was morally superior, and yet didn't last long due to greed and racism. No, it's not about the Confederate States of America, but it's close! It's about King Josiah and his attempts to "unite Israel", even though he really only means Judah, since Israel had long since gone and no one even knew where most of the tribes were.

The story follows Shaphan, a well respected scribal teacher, suddenly commanded by Josiah to be his royal scribe, so that history can be recorded "accurately." He and the nobility are desperate to reconquer the lands supposedly governed by King David so that the line will remain eternal. Josiah has Shaphan research tribal territories and stories and such in the hopes of finding something that will help him in his goals.

The High Priest Hilkiah, however, is somewhat like Samuel in that he is a bit bitter that a secular monarchy takes away much of his political and economic power, though he helped raise Josiah after Josiah's father died in an assassination and realizes that a king can be a useful puppet of religious authority. He finds an "ancient" scroll, though how ancient is up for grabs, and gives it to Shaphan to give to Josiah. Shaphan, however, has been chronicling Josiah's murderous trips to Samaria and is freaking out, unsure if even the Law can do anything to stop him from hurting even priests of Yahweh.

Will the finding of the Book of the Law help unite the kingdom? Only time will tell....

https://www.amazon.com/Josiah-Theoc...osiah+and+the+theocrats&qid=1590930449&sr=8-1

Kelly of the Phoenix

Thanks. The weird thing is that even though it's a play on Josie and the Pussycats, I don't even remember really watching that show. Was more of a Jem girl, myself. :)

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Thanks. The weird thing is that even though it's a play on Josie and the Pussycats, I don't even remember really watching that show. Was more of a Jem girl, myself. :)
It actually came on about the same time as I found other things to do than watch cartoons on Saturday mornings...

Never watched Jem...as a working young adult, I didn't watch cartoons much again until my son was a bit older...early 90s...

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hi, everyone!

I'd like to offer my take on a country that had split from its parent country, assumed it was morally superior, and yet didn't last long due to greed and racism. No, it's not about the Confederate States of America, but it's close! It's about King Josiah and his attempts to "unite Israel", even though he really only means Judah, since Israel had long since gone and no one even knew where most of the tribes were.

The story follows Shaphan, a well respected scribal teacher, suddenly commanded by Josiah to be his royal scribe, so that history can be recorded "accurately." He and the nobility are desperate to reconquer the lands supposedly governed by King David so that the line will remain eternal. Josiah has Shaphan research tribal territories and stories and such in the hopes of finding something that will help him in his goals.

The High Priest Hilkiah, however, is somewhat like Samuel in that he is a bit bitter that a secular monarchy takes away much of his political and economic power, though he helped raise Josiah after Josiah's father died in an assassination and realizes that a king can be a useful puppet of religious authority. He finds an "ancient" scroll, though how ancient is up for grabs, and gives it to Shaphan to give to Josiah. Shaphan, however, has been chronicling Josiah's murderous trips to Samaria and is freaking out, unsure if even the Law can do anything to stop him from hurting even priests of Yahweh.

Will the finding of the Book of the Law help unite the kingdom? Only time will tell....

https://www.amazon.com/Josiah-Theoc...osiah+and+the+theocrats&qid=1590930449&sr=8-1
Seems like a while since we spoke!

Good luck with your writing. Anyone who completes a book-writing project has done a proud thing!

Yea!

Kelly of the Phoenix

Thanks! I enjoyed writing it. I'm doing a story more modern at the moment, but I'm fascinated with the idea of telling stories about the formation of the scriptures as far too many just seem to think it's always been as it was.