• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jonzu’s Reflections on Religion

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member
In my life, I’ve acquired all types of knowledge when it comes to religion and philosophy. Though, thinking about it, at this point in my life, much of it has become (to be frank) purposeless. It does not serve to impact my life spiritually, let alone better me as a person.

This is not to say that I’m not religious. In fact, I am. To summarize it briefly, (in the samurai spirit), I'm a believer in both the kami and Lord Buddha (i.e. Shinto and Buddhism - shinbutsu shugo). Specifically, I follow a sect of Shinto called Konkokyo and I’m exploring Pure Land Buddhism. I'm also drawn to Confucianism and Daoism, as two other religions which have influenced Japanese culture.

What I hope to do in life is try to clear out my own spiritual space of all of the unnecessary clutter. To do this, I will further dedicate my life to perfecting the values found within the code of the samurai,
bushido.

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
It might be worth going into what you define "true" to be in this context. It's something of a polysemic word with many meanings, and to the minds of some, constructs (like human ideologies) are still truths. Put another way, many recognize something does not have to be literally or factually true to be true. What does true mean to you?

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member
It might be worth going into what you define "true" to be in this context. It's something of a polysemic word with many meanings, and to the minds of some, constructs (like human ideologies) are still truths. Put another way, many recognize something does not have to be literally or factually true to be true. What does true mean to you?

Q, I edited the post a bit. The nature of truth was going to be my initial topic, but now, it's become “clearing the inner clutter”. :oops::)