• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jon Stewart's "Rally to Restore Sanity"

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I just fail to understand where the "naivete" comes in here. There's nothing naive about having fun at a rally that makes fun of the political stupidity that's going on in this country. There's nothing naive about realizing that the rally is put on by entertainers, and is more than anything a fun get-together. There's nothing naive about realizing that it's sad when a comedian is more reasonable about politics than 90% of politicians and pundits.
I for one had alot of fun at the rally. I didn't care for the opening act that much (although it was interesting seeing the guy with the tuba), but the rest of the artists I enjoyed. The bits of comedy were good, although I feel Colbert wasn't nearly as funny as he normal is on his show. And really, who didn't show up or watch at home to not be entertained? Stewart and Colbert are after all entertainers who their fans have put into a more serious political role than just social commentary. I can see it now, the Truthiness party for 2012.
And Stewart had a good speech. I wouldn't call it anything revolutionary, but he did make his point clear. And he went a step above most by not attacking any particular groups such as the Tea Party. He stayed focused on how cable news does not portray an accurate image of America or Americans, and they aren't making it any easier to fix the problems in America.

Last edited: