• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jojo Rabbit

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
This has probably been discussed before but my first viewing of the film, on UK TV recently.

(Removed Wiki link, as probably best viewed without reading too much about the film) :oops:

Surely a template for so much else these days - Putin's War, Afghanistan, Iran, etc., and although the subject matter can so often divide as to what is portrayed, I think it was a brilliant film, with great casting too. Overall, I did really enjoy this but the emotions were a real roller-coaster. :oops:

But, if you didn't like The Producers you might not like this - and especially if you can't switch from sadness to humour that quickly. Given one outstanding laugh-out-loud moment to trump most others though.

What are your views if you have seen it?

Last edited:

Vee

Premium Member
Not sure what to make of that. Who's the target audience? From the trailer it seems too deep for kids and too silly for adults.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Not sure what to make of that. Who's the target audience? From the trailer it seems too deep for kids and too silly for adults.
Probably best for those who can take a mix of emotions and know enough about WWII and the treatment of Jews, and who will manage not to be distracted by some of the awful things depicted. Plenty of films like this though that tend to make people side one way or the other - given the mixed reviews. As mentioned, I would recommend it and thought it was brilliant, even though it is dealing with very serious material.