• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Macarthur opens church

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
That is hysteria and succumbing to the fear mongering. You are afraid and expect the world to stop. No, it behooves you to adjust and protect yourself. You have no right to dictate how I or anyone else should live based on your fears.

How many die of the flu every year? And don’t say how deadly COVID is, that it’s not the flu... dead from from the flu or pneumonia or COVID is dead. None is deadlier than the other. Dead... is... dead.

Please dont make,stuff up to massage your ego

This is how it is so you dont need to invent any more stories

Yes i am afraid that if i catch the virus then so will my husband, both us have been told that because of health conditions it will probably kill us. What i an afraid of is my kids growing up without parent's.

What i expect is other people to show the same respect for my life as i show for theirs... this is not rocket science.

And you have no right to put other people's lives in danger.

Yes dead is dead, that does not mean you should flout basic precautions because "you have your rights"

Simply respect other people.

ChristineM

Premium Member
So, hide in a basement? Don't breathe? If it can travel18 meters - it won't matter if you social distance OR wear a mask.

No.. there are many things I may disagree with, but I will still fight for the rights of freedom.

What right have you to tell me to hide away because you walk around pointing a loaded gun at people?

The right to kill people is not a right of freedom

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
You will fight for the right to be stupid and not wear a mask?? This country has gone to hell!!
Hey... there are a LOT of things that I think is stupid. Like, "My spouse is in the hospital and you say I can't see him/her?"
Like "i was making 500 a week but my COVID benefit package is $600 a week"

But does that mean I should dictate what people do?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
What right have you to tell me to hide away because you walk around pointing a loaded gun at people?

The right to kill people is not a right of freedom

At 18 meters, even you may be pointing a gun. You might be asymptomatic.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
AIDS patients were charged with attempted murder, weren't they? I can't actually remember. I do remember parents who thought peanut bans at schools were stupid, because their little Johnny couldn't eat his chocolate bar, despite a classmate being at a very real risk of death. We had to call in the superintendent of schools, and he threatened them with expulsion from the entire school district.

ChristineM

Premium Member
At 18 meters, even you may be pointing a gun. You might be asymptomatic.

Yes but i will be wearing a mask (75% reduction in me passing on the virus)
and wherever possible keeping well away from other people.

ChristineM

Premium Member
AIDS patients were charged with attempted murder, weren't they? I can't actually remember. I do remember parents who thought peanut bans at schools were stupid, because their little Johnny couldn't eat his chocolate bar, despite a classmate being at a very real risk of death. We had to call in the superintendent of schools, and he threatened them with expulsion from the entire school district.

In Russia, transmitting AIDS was a capitol offence, not sure if it still is.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
And you have no right to put other people's lives in danger.

And as I said, and will say again, and continue to say, you have no right to demand that other people adjust their lives to assuage your fears. That is selfishness. And I’ll be perfectly blunt, and for the record, you are not my responsibility any more than I am yours. It’s incumbent on you to protect yourself, not for me to protect others when they can protect themselves. That said, yeah I do wear a mask when I’m out. Not because I have any fear of infecting anyone or being infected. It’s because I can’t be bothered getting into a **** storm with some Karen in Shop Rite. If it were optional you best believe I would not wear it.

Yes dead is dead, that does not mean you should flout basic precautions because "you have your rights"

You’re assuming no one but you takes precautions.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

The same right that says you can’t be reckless and get in harm’s way, then cry foul when you get shot. It’s up to you to keep yourself safe.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I LOVE that quote. The word "bondage" reflects a slave situation where they are not allowed to think or do anything unless their masters tell them. Fear is VERY controlling and places people in chains, it won't let you out of the house, it won't let you go inside a grocery story, it won't let you go to work because you fear you are about to die.

Or as Henny Penny said, "The sky is falling".

In my faith, bondage refers to attachment ... mentally to ideas mostly, but also to things, to one's own ego, etc. In Buddhism it would be more attachment to desire. 'Let go the rope!' is a quote for it. So in this case, it would be attachment to the 'I'm right, and you're wrong' idea. All sides have it, but for the church side, it would be the attachment to the 'necessity' of meeting indoors.

Just another example of how scriptural quotes often don't work across religions.

dad

Undefeated
I LOVE that quote. The word "bondage" reflects a slave situation where they are not allowed to think or do anything unless their masters tell them. Fear is VERY controlling and places people in chains, it won't let you out of the house, it won't let you go inside a grocery story, it won't let you go to work because you fear you are about to die.

Or as Henny Penny said, "The sky is falling".
Especially when it persecutes Christians and brings totalitarian style little tin pot God hating dictators trying to boss everyone around and get control.

dad

Undefeated
I'm not a Christian so quoting Christianity at me is like speaking Mandarin to me. Still I can easily interpret that as saying one should go out and kill as many people as he can, because he's doing God's work to deliver them from bondage. I say you should go for it.
Ro 3:3 - For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
Your interpretation of Scripture needs some work, since you seem to think it meant shooting people.

HonestJoe

The greater rights constitutionally and morally are seen to outweigh local laws by some people. Should we agree?
Not my country but I think it would be a mistake for you to set a legal precedent that any religious person should be free to ignore any law if they say it goes against their religion. That is the literal interpretation of the constitution of course, and the one that some religious people have pushed in the past, but so far it has been resisted.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Especially when it persecutes Christians and brings totalitarian style little tin pot God hating dictators trying to boss everyone around and get control.

You're advocating killing people, that's indefensible, don't try to hide behind your religion, Jesus would have none of that.