• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John Macarthur opens church

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And, seriously, is god so pathetically, wimpy weak that he can't work around a disease that is killing and maiming tons of people? He can work his stuff with the distance between here and where ever he is, but yet he can't do that "fill them with the spirit" thing if his followers aren't in close proximity and instead having live stream services?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
The greater rights constitutionally and morally are seen to outweigh local laws by some people. Should we agree?

John MacArthur to Pastors: ‘Open Your Church’
Yes, there were equally angry with the Black Rob Regiment which made a huge difference in the American Revolution.

“When any one of the three institutions exceeds the bounds of its jurisdiction it is the duty of the other institutions to curtail that overreach,” GCC declared. “Therefore, when any government official issues orders regulating worship (such as bans on singing, caps on attendance, or prohibitions against gatherings and services), he steps outside the legitimate bounds of his God-ordained authority as a civic official and arrogates to himself authority that God expressly grants only to the Lord Jesus Christ as sovereign over His Kingdom, which is the church.” - Grace Community Church

The Church is the biggest safeguard against dictatorship

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
And, seriously, is god so pathetically, wimpy weak that he can't work around a disease that is killing and maiming tons of people? He can work his stuff with the distance between here and where ever he is, but yet he can't do that "fill them with the spirit" thing if his followers aren't in close proximity and instead having live stream services?

So stay home. No one is holding a gun to anyone’s head. Besides, aren’t people supposed to be wearing masks? The masks that stop the virus? I mean, the masks are supposed to be so effective, right? Sorry not sorry, just another excuse to whine and moan. It has nothing to do with anyone’s God. People crave human contact, association, fellowship.

dad

Undefeated
More selfish Christian entitlement that ignores facts and reality to put themselves above the wellness and health of the community.
Which facts? The facts of Scripture and the constitution, and the will of the people there? Or should they hold up above all else in life the jealous hateful local jurisdictions that allow killing babies and liquor stores and do little about rioting etc? That seems prejudicial and selective and antiChrist to me.

dad

Undefeated
Yes, there were equally angry with the Black Rob Regiment which made a huge difference in the American Revolution.

“When any one of the three institutions exceeds the bounds of its jurisdiction it is the duty of the other institutions to curtail that overreach,” GCC declared. “Therefore, when any government official issues orders regulating worship (such as bans on singing, caps on attendance, or prohibitions against gatherings and services), he steps outside the legitimate bounds of his God-ordained authority as a civic official and arrogates to himself authority that God expressly grants only to the Lord Jesus Christ as sovereign over His Kingdom, which is the church.” - Grace Community Church

The Church is the biggest safeguard against dictatorship
Interesting. Sounds like they have a good court case.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Did you read nothing I wrote?

Let’s review:
  • Stay home. No one is forcing attendance.
  • If masks are so effective, what’s the problem? Do they work or don’t they?

Do you thing infected people dont have homes with family living in them?

Do you think that family wear masks all the time while at home because some inconsiderate member of their family (that's the polite version) decided that possibly spreading a deadly disease is worth a little get together with friends?

Kenny

Premium Member

Do you think that family wear masks all the time while at home because some inconsiderate member of their family (that's the polite version) decided that possibly spreading a deadly disease is worth a little get together with friends?

If "possibility" is the standard... why leave home to buy food? Or... they can't have that person go take a shower and wash their clothes before hugging everyone like my son did who had to go to work whether he wanted to or not?

dad

Undefeated

Why is this applied only to one identifiable minority? Do you feel that the mass protests should be strongly dealt with also? Liquor stores and etc? How about abortion clinics? Beaches? Military?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So stay home. No one is holding a gun to anyone’s head. Besides, aren’t people supposed to be wearing masks? The masks that stop the virus? I mean, the masks are supposed to be so effective, right? Sorry not sorry, just another excuse to whine and moan. It has nothing to do with anyone’s God. People crave human contact, association, fellowship.
Yes, but large gathers, especially indoors, are very risky and why America has been hit so hard with Covid. And America has been terrible at wearing masks. If it weren't so, again, we wouldn't have the problems we are. People won't quit the large gatherings, they won't wear a mask, they won't wear them right.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
If "possibility" is the standard... why leave home to buy food? Or... they can't have that person go take a shower and wash their clothes before hugging everyone like my son did who had to go to work whether he wanted to or not?

Ok, my family will starve because some selfish ******* wants to go to a church meeting?

How about washing your lungs and respiratory tract, thats where the virus multiples

Kenny

Premium Member
Ok, my family will starve because some selfish ******* wants to go to a church meeting?

How about washing your lungs and respiratory tract, thats where the virus multiples
So, you want my son to loose his job, his home so that you feel more at ease? Or you want to dictate the lives and how they live it because of what ''MIGHT" happen?

What percentage of people wear masks and still get COVID?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
So by obeying Scripture and standing on legal rights you think that is hating. OK.
What scripture? He's certainly giving a big middle finger to Matthew 25:44-45.

As for legal rights:

- "legal" does not imply "ethical" or "wise."
- you established in your abortion thread that you don't give a damn about what's legal.

dad

Undefeated
What scripture? He's certainly giving a big middle finger to Matthew 25:44-45.

People are hungry for God's word. Some churches also help people, handicapped, hungry, poor, etc. Now the riots do not help people, how is it you try to single out Christians? MacArthur has said he feels that doing what the bible says and meeting is an essential service.