• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

John 6:53 (King James Version)

2ndpillar

Those scripture references describe the Passover meal popularly referred to as "the last supper," when the man called jesus used the bread and wine in a dress rehearsal to remind his disciples in a very real way of what they were to do to him ~ eat him up and drink his blood. The mind-blower is that at the meal, he blessed the matzah (unleavened bread) in an unusual way, calling it his body and breaking it for his disciples to share, and then he blessed the chalice of wine (which, according to luke's story, he did not drink...) in an equally unsettling manner ~ he called it his blood. It was a practice session with impact for when they actually shared in theREAL Last Supper ~ the literal feast on his body to honor what their master verily, verily charged unto them days before the Passover.

Imagine, if you will, being a fly on the wall "in the upper room" over 2,000 years and a decade ago, where the man called jesus assumed the seat at the head of the table and observed with his disciples the high holy jewish ceremonies in remembrance of the tale of how death passed over the homes of their ancestors because they splashed the required sacrificial blood on the doorposts.

Are you there?

Having been married for a number of years to an Israelite who followed the religious belief system of Judaism, to help set the scene for those unfamiliar with the practices of traditional Jewish custom, I can tell you that the Seder (passover meal) is not a celebration; it is an observance, and it's supposed to be an extremely solemn occasion. In addition to eating matzah and drinking wine, it is common tradition for whole horseradish (root) to be eaten, to remind them of the bitter times of their forefathers and to literally bring tears to their eyes, for the shedding of tears is a most important element in the observance of passover. Roasted lamb is a most important serving in the Seder, for it represents the sacrificial lamb that was eaten after the required blood of it was splashed on the doorposts and its body cooked (biblically, "burned") upon the altar grill as is in jewish custom concerning sacrifical offerings to the god of their understanding. Hence the biblical reference in Mark 14:12: "And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover," and in luke 22:7: "Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed."

The tears they shed at the table together that evening were undoubtedly full of emotion; not so much for the past of passover because I am sure that they were crying about the events that were to unfold in their very-near future.

Suffice it to say that during the non-celebratory observance they had gathered for, there was no laughing, joking, goofing around or spreading of good cheer going on that night at the dinner table "in the upper room" at all.

Do you see it more clearly in the moment yet?

I am sure it was very quiet as they took their seats at the table after the necessary preparations and waited for their master to bless the Seder according to custom.

Remember and bear in mind, that the setting of the passover observance was used by him to be a solemn reminder to his disciples and he called the matzah his flesh as he broke it and told them to eat it as such. The wine of which he did not partake, he described as his blood and told them to drink it as such.

Zero in on that image with me because I can just see his serious facial expression as he spoke and made meaningful eye contact with each of them, then watched each bite of bread and each sip of wine from the chalice that they shared the wine from.

Consider the story of how they ran out of wine at that rich governor's wedding reception he was at with his mother when he miraculously turned the water in barrels into the best wine they had consumed all night. With that idea in mind, being the miracle worker he was purported to have been, I can reasonably imagine beyond a shadow of a doubt that his blessing of the meal had a powerful psychological impact on the disciples, but more especially an actual and mysteriously eerie effect on the matzah and wine jesus passed around, so that each bite, chew and swallow of the bread in their mouths had the distinct flavor, quality and texture of cooked meat as they consumed it during the sacred meal, and that what they drank from the chalice that he did not drink from with them had also mysteriously taken on the aroma, taste and consistency of blood.

If you are still that fly on the wall, flutter with me over to the middle of the table and land right in the center so you can see everyone's face up close.

Can you imagine the initial response and recovery after that first bite and that first sip, by each disciple who realized that what it tasted like they were eating and drinking was definitely not what they thought they knew they put in their mouth was supposed to taste or feel like?

There they were, eating the meaty "bread" and drinking the bloody "wine" while watching each other weep in a true display of the charged emotion of the occasion as they prepared themselves in mind and body when it hit home that they were really going to be eating jesus soon whenever the sacrifice was made.

On Easter Sunday, I was moved to add that as they ate and drank, the euphoric effects of the blood-wine that he did not drink any of may have caused them to "have a foretaste" or sampling of the power claimed to have been embodied in his flesh and blood, which I imagine was in no way an unpleasant or undesirable feeling for them to have experienced, and probably even had them more eagerly looking forward to the sacrifice because they mighthave been crying inspired tears of joyful anticipation of their "blessed assurance" after having their "FORETASTE of glory devine." Wow.

As I said, he knew he was going to be in big trouble in a matter of hours ~ very soon. He used the Seder as an opportunity to prepare them by going through the motions, of what was to actually take place within a few days.

I thought I would provide the biblical text for those who, like me, may be too lazy to reach for a bible for themselves or who may not own one or otherwise have an excuse not to peruse the references. Now, read them carefully again; don't add anything to it or take anything away from it....

Dear cs,
I think you did a lot of adding and subtracting to what is actually written. Your "Easter Sunday" is the pagan version of the Passover, which falls on the feast of Astarte, the queen of heaven.

As for you being married to an Israelite, I think not. You may have been married to a Jew, of the tribe of Judah, but the house of Israel and the house of Judah are now separate (Ez 37:16 & Zech 11:14) and Israel is "scattered among the nations" (Joel 3:2). Your supposed husband may have assumed he was Israel, but he didn't know, and wouldn't know until after the resurrection of "the whole house of Israel" (Ez 37:11-12).

Keep in mind that in John's version, it was "Satan" who interred into Judas when Judas ate the bread. (John 13:27)

I think your "fly" story is much in the realm of what the "lord of the flies"/Beelzebub would conjure. Keep in mind that our dictator in chief is also known as lord of the flies, for he smells like death, is possessed, and is often accompanied by flies.

I would only ask that you truncate your stories and make your points distinctly.

2ndpillar

I write so that there will be clarity and understanding because my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge:

Dear sc,
The people being destroyed for lack of knowledge may be related to you, but your information seems to come from the dark side, whereas the knowledge people need should be of the light. Is 8:20 You seem to be imbedded in the traditions of men, which seems to be a common malady of the "many" (Mt 7:13).

It would be helpful for your well being, if you realized that "none of the wicked/lawless will understand" (Daniel 12:10).

2ndpillar

With all due respect, apparently you have absolutely no idea of how well my being actually is :cool:

Dear sc,
I beg to differ. Rev 18:4 tells me that is not the case, or that you are not loved, and therefore not reproved.(Proverbs 3:12). Babylon the Great is the mother of harlots and abominations. Your Sunday Easter is not only an abomination, it is a mark of the beast. Sunday is not the Lord's day, nor was there a resurrected on that day (Mt 28:1), nor does Easter have anything to do with Passover, or the sign of the 3 days and 3 nights, given to "a evil and adulterous generation" (Mt 12:39).

King James Bible (Mt 28:1)
In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

12jtartar

Premium Member
John 6:53 (King James Version) reads, "Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you."

The disciples ate Jesus.

Sister Cyber,
Jesus stated what he did at John 6:53, because he was anticipating his death, and the beginning of the New Covenant, mentioned at Luke 22:14-20. This was called The Last Supper, or The Lord's Evening Meal. At that time Jesus instituted The New Covenant, which was based on better promises, and based on Jesus' precious blood, not on bulls and goats blood, as was the Mosaic Law Covenant, Hebrews 8:5-13, 9:19-24.
Jesus told his Apostles the the wine stood for his blood and the bread stood for his flesh, when he instituted The New Covenant. Jesus then told them to keep celebrating this meal as a remembrance of him until he returns, 1Corinthians 11:23-26. Jesus knew that he was to die soon, for the Ransom of all mankind that put faith in him, so at John 6:53, he said they must eat his flesh and drink his blood, symbolicly, as they would celebrate Jesus death, until he returns.
It is a certainty that we are living in The Last Days of this Age, 2Timothy 3:1-7, 2Peter 3:3-7.
We all must diligently study God's word because, when Jesus comes again, he will Judge all mankind, by the things written in the Bible, Matthew 25:31-46.

2ndpillar

Sister Cyber,
Jesus stated what he did at John 6:53, because he was anticipating his death, and the beginning of the New Covenant, mentioned at Luke 22:14-20. This was called The Last Supper, or The Lord's Evening Meal. At that time Jesus instituted The New Covenant, which was based on better promises, and based on Jesus' precious blood, not on bulls and goats blood, as was the Mosaic Law Covenant, Hebrews 8:5-13, 9:19-24.
Jesus told his Apostles the the wine stood for his blood and the bread stood for his flesh, when he instituted The New Covenant. Jesus then told them to keep celebrating this meal as a remembrance of him until he returns, 1Corinthians 11:23-26. Jesus knew that he was to die soon, for the Ransom of all mankind that put faith in him, so at John 6:53, he said they must eat his flesh and drink his blood, symbolicly, as they would celebrate Jesus death, until he returns.
It is a certainty that we are living in The Last Days of this Age, 2Timothy 3:1-7, 2Peter 3:3-7.
We all must diligently study God's word because, when Jesus comes again, he will Judge all mankind, by the things written in the Bible, Matthew 25:31-46.

Dear 12,
Yeshua didn't say "he will judge all mankind, by the things written in the Bible". He said they would be judged by his words (John 12:48). 2/3 of the NT is written supposedly by the false prophet Paul and his associates. Those words of Paul, are simply the "broad" "way" to "destruction" (Mt 7:13-15).

New American Standard Bible John 12:48
"He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.

12jtartar

Premium Member
Dear 12,
Yeshua didn't say "he will judge all mankind, by the things written in the Bible". He said they would be judged by his words (John 12:48). 2/3 of the NT is written supposedly by the false prophet Paul and his associates. Those words of Paul, are simply the "broad" "way" to "destruction" (Mt 7:13-15).

New American Standard Bible John 12:48
"He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.

2ndpillar,
The Bible does not tell everything about a subject, in one place!!! If you are really searching for truth, you must search for all Scriptures that speak about the subject.
Notice what is revealed at Acts 17:29-31. Jesus is the one who will carry out God's judgment on all mankind, Matthew 25:31-46. Consider that it is Jesus who will destroy all who do not KNOW God, and all who do not obey Jesus, 2Thessalonians 1:6-10. Romans 3:5,6 asks a question, Is God unjust when He expresses His wrath?? Then it says, How otherwise will God judge the world?? God has determined to make a paradise out of this earth, but that is not possible if He allows ones who do not love God or neighbor to continue on earth, Revelation 21:15.
God does not want to destroy people, that is why He sent His son to give his life as a Ransom Sacrifice for all those who love Him, John 3:15-18, Matthew 20:28, 1Timothy 2:3-6, 2Peter 3:7-10.

2ndpillar

2ndpillar,
The Bible does not tell everything about a subject, in one place!!! If you are really searching for truth, you must search for all Scriptures that speak about the subject.
Notice what is revealed at Acts 17:29-31. Jesus is the one who will carry out God's judgment on all mankind, Matthew 25:31-46. Consider that it is Jesus who will destroy all who do not KNOW God, and all who do not obey Jesus, 2Thessalonians 1:6-10. Romans 3:5,6 asks a question, Is God unjust when He expresses His wrath?? Then it says, How otherwise will God judge the world?? God has determined to make a paradise out of this earth, but that is not possible if He allows ones who do not love God or neighbor to continue on earth, Revelation 21:15.
God does not want to destroy people, that is why He sent His son to give his life as a Ransom Sacrifice for all those who love Him, John 3:15-18, Matthew 20:28, 1Timothy 2:3-6, 2Peter 3:7-10.

Dear 12,
Mt 25:31-46 is not about the wrath of God, that is about judgment. 1/3 of mankind will be killed by the 3 plagues of fire, smoke and brimstone. (Rev 9:18).
As for "searching for truth", I don't think the best place is a book written by an unknown writer whose source seems to often be the man of lawlessness (Romans 7:6), known by the new name of Paul, which means little, or in one form meaning "least". (Mt 5:19)

As for your "paradise" during the millennium, it would kind of depend on who you were. The liars, dogs, murderers, etc. will be "outside", and will not "enter by the gates into the city." (Rev 22:15) It will also be necessary for "The Word of God" to "rule them with a rod of iron" (Rev 19:15). The nations will have to observe the feast of booths, or have no rain (Zech 14:18). That would not be paradise like.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
When we take the bible as being literal and don't see what is meant to be a metaphor, we then get ourselves into trouble, and even becoming cannibals lol.

12jtartar

Premium Member
Dear 12,
Mt 25:31-46 is not about the wrath of God, that is about judgment. 1/3 of mankind will be killed by the 3 plagues of fire, smoke and brimstone. (Rev 9:18).
As for "searching for truth", I don't think the best place is a book written by an unknown writer whose source seems to often be the man of lawlessness (Romans 7:6), known by the new name of Paul, which means little, or in one form meaning "least". (Mt 5:19)

As for your "paradise" during the millennium, it would kind of depend on who you were. The liars, dogs, murderers, etc. will be "outside", and will not "enter by the gates into the city." (Rev 22:15) It will also be necessary for "The Word of God" to "rule them with a rod of iron" (Rev 19:15). The nations will have to observe the feast of booths, or have no rain (Zech 14:18). That would not be paradise like.

2ndpillar,
Paul was the greatest teacher of Christianity ever. Jesus was the greatest teacher, but It was against the Mosaic Law Covenant to teach anything but what was written in the Mosaic Law. Any Jew was under the Mosaic Law Covenant, as the entire nation was in a Covenant relation with God, Deuteronomy 5:1-3. Jesus was a Jew, from he tribe of Judah, so he had to obey the Mosaic Laws, Hebrews 7:14, Galatins 4:4, Galatians 1:6-9. Just after Paul was baptized, he went to Arabia and there Jesus revealed to Paul all things that he needed to teach Christianity, not only to the Gentiles, but to everyone, Acts 9:13-16, Galatians 1:15-17, Galatians 1:11,12.
Paul remained the greatest teacher of Christianity that ever lived, right up to his death, Acts 19:11,12.
There were several Mysteries about Christianity, almost all were revealed to Paul, Ephesians 3:1-7.
Because of Paul's great faith and knowledge he was allowed to write 14 books of the Holy Bible.
There is only ONE time that Jesus rules with a rod of iron, that is at Harmageddon, right after the return of Jesus, in Kingdom power, Matthew 16:27, Acts 17:29-31, Matthew 25:31-46, Revelation 19:11-21, 2Thessalonians 1:6-10.

2ndpillar

2ndpillar,
Paul was the greatest teacher of Christianity ever. Jesus was the greatest teacher, but It was against the Mosaic Law Covenant to teach anything but what was written in the Mosaic Law. Any Jew was under the Mosaic Law Covenant, as the entire nation was in a Covenant relation with God, Deuteronomy 5:1-3. Jesus was a Jew, from he tribe of Judah, so he had to obey the Mosaic Laws, Hebrews 7:14, Galatins 4:4, Galatians 1:6-9. Just after Paul was baptized, he went to Arabia and there Jesus revealed to Paul all things that he needed to teach Christianity, not only to the Gentiles, but to everyone, Acts 9:13-16, Galatians 1:15-17, Galatians 1:11,12.
Paul remained the greatest teacher of Christianity that ever lived, right up to his death, Acts 19:11,12.
There were several Mysteries about Christianity, almost all were revealed to Paul, Ephesians 3:1-7.
Because of Paul's great faith and knowledge he was allowed to write 14 books of the Holy Bible.
There is only ONE time that Jesus rules with a rod of iron, that is at Harmageddon, right after the return of Jesus, in Kingdom power, Matthew 16:27, Acts 17:29-31, Matthew 25:31-46, Revelation 19:11-21, 2Thessalonians 1:6-10.

Dear jar,
Yeshua doesn't rule at Har-Magedon (Rev 16:16), that is the valley of judgment (Joel 3:2) where the nations are judged. They are judged by way of the "great earthquake",.. "the cities of the nations fell",..."every island fled"..."the mountains were not found"..."and huge hailstones, about one hundred pounds each" (Rev 16:18).

Keep in mind that the individual nuclear components of a MIRV rocket weighs approximately 100 pounds. Bad enough that "men blasphemed God" (Rev 16:21). This is in line with the plagues of Zech 14:12, whereas the nations which come against Jerusalem are struck with, which is a description of acute radiation poisoning.

As for Paul, he and his followers are on the "broad" "path" to destruction" (Mt 7:13). He is simply the top dog of the "false prophets" of Mt 7:15, who come in "sheep's clothing".

The "rod of iron" is used "rule them"/"nations" (Rev 19:15). If the nations do not keep his feast of booths (Zech 14:17), he will prevent the rain from coming to those nations. They will then find out how prevalent that rod of iron can be.

2ndpillar

2ndpillar,

Dear jar,
God does not destroy "all who do not KNOW God". According to my math, he leaves approximately 1/3 alive, although you will find many outside of the gates (Rev 22:15). Among these you will find "idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying". It appears there will be a place for even politicians.

Yeshua didn't come as a "Ransom Sacrifice", he came to preach "Repent; for the kingdom of heaven is at hand". Apparently not many have taken him seriously.

Your Har-Magedon (Rev 16:16) doesn't start until the "Euphrates; and its water was dried up".(Rev 16:12). ISIS is now in control of the dams on that river, and can dry it up in 3 days. You might want to make preparations to flee to the mountains (Mt 24:l6).